I always read the poor reviews first when deciding where to stay with the family. For anyone that cares out there the one common theme I found from those that were not satisfied with their stay was that the hotel was too dark and the rooms were too small (for a deluxe hotel). And yes, both statements are true. The hotel does not have a lot of artificial illumination to keep with the African lodge theme. The rooms are smaller than what one like given the rates, but my feeling is you don't go to Disney to stay in your room so I got past that pretty quickly.
Other than that the hotel is truly impressive. The mail lobby is breathtaking. Detail everywhere. Didn't see very many animals, but what we saw made the family happy. Everyone was extremely helpful and courteous and service is awesome. The pool is large and there are kids activities all afternoon. You can see the lifeguards practicing CPR every single morning for like an hour. Good to know they are well trained.
The restaurants are awesome. Please stay away from the burgers and all the other stuff you like to eat back at home. Be adventurous and try the specialty dishes. You won't be dissapointed.
Be aware that the hotel has quite a large footprint. There can be a bit of walking from your room to the lobby. Also the hotel itself is close to the animal park, but far from everything else. The bus shuttle to Magic Kingdom or Epcot is around 10 minutes or so, which can be a lot after being tired from walking all day at the park and having to ride standing up.
Would recommend to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into the heart of Africa at this magnificent Resort hotel. Inspired by the traditional African kraal, the horseshoe-curved design provides spectacular views of 4 lush savannas that over 200 hoofed animals and birds call home. Delight in dazzling pool areas, exciting animal programs and one of the largest collections of African art in the United States as you experience your own African safari adventure with a touch of Disney magic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Florida
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney Animal Kingdom Resort
- Disney Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Disney
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Orlando
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Disney
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Florida