Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
US$266
US$410
US$386
  • Restaurant
Rosen Inn International(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$105
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
US$526
US$449
US$505
US$415
Agoda.com
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$213
Orbitz.com
US$674
US$635
7,369 results
All reviewssavannah viewjambo houseanimal kingdomkidani villagesavannah roomnight vision gogglesafrican themewatching the animalssavanna view roomboma restaurantthe buszebra trailafrican animalslove animalsbunk bedsbooked a standard roomthe quick service restaurant
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Once again we were able to stay at the AKL in the Savannah Rooms. Our previous stays there was a bit more delightful than our most recent one(SEP2013). The location of our Savannah Room this time, was located around and seemly near the back of of the lodge. We didn't see as many animals from the balcony this time. Nor did we see the variety of animals as we had previously. Rooms are delightful decorated. We always try to dine in different restaurants each time we go. This time we ate at Cinderella Royal Table and the Yak and Yeti. Food was excellent at both places and the staff were exceptional good! Would return to each for another great meal!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Albert S
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My daughter left her new birthday jeans in the room and they are forever gone. We traveled a short distance to celebrate her birthday and I splurged to get her a nice pair. She tried them on and said the waist was too big so she took them off and they were never seen again. I unpacked after we got home. I called them and lost and found said none were found. I know they were left behind since she chose not to wear them. I was too busy trying to find my sons giraffe as we needed to check out. I believe they were left in the bedding which I did not shake out. Sadly the housekeepers have not returned them. Also my friend needed toilet paper in the middle of the night and sent her daughter to get some but the hotel told her to return and that someone would bring some up which they did 15 minutes later!! Who needs toilet paper in the wee morning hours that isn't urgent?

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The foyer of the hotel is amazing! Like no hotel I've ever stayed!
On advice from other reviews we requested a room close to the reception, and reiterated this at checkin - and were given the first room in the corridor on the 3rd floor (reception level).
This made life a lot easier, as having taken a walk around the hotel, it would have been annoying to have to walk to the far wings on the hotel.
The room was smallish, with an open sink area of the bathroom, and not a lot of room at all in the toilet / shower room. The door barely missed the toilet when you closed it. Shower was over the bath with a curtain - bit tacky.
We had two double beds, and I moved one of the cupboards (with EMPTY bar fridge) to make room for our two suitcases.
There was a wardrobe, but limited hangers, plus a tiny safe.
We had giraffes and zebra outside the balcony, and although I was concerned about noise from the open fire and little deck area next to our room, there was no noise.
The cafe near the pool was good food and we had a meal plan which meant we could use our snacks and walk up meal options there, saving our table dining for the restaurants at the theme parks.
It was a long bus trip to the Magic Kingdom (30 - 40 minutes), and sometimes buses from a lot of the parks back to the AKL were not on their 20 minute promise. Which was frustrating.
Concierge were fantastic and the main restaurant buffet was really good (especially the drumming).
Pool area was lovely and well maintained. Small waterslide for the children, and organised games in the pool. Small playground as well.
Room was dated, but well cleaned and serviced.
Overall a lovely quirky hotel!

Room Tip: Close to reception! Request and re-request this on arrival! Overlooking the savannah is definitely a treat.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lilbluehorse
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We took our young kids (ages 9, 6) for a short weekend. This was our first visit to Disney World. I choose to stay at Animal Kingdom even though it was farther out because my kids love animals. Check in was great, we stayed with the concierge level. Our room overlook the animals, kids had bunk beds. The room was small, but we did not spend a lot of time in it. Resort was a nice size and offered enough for us - we spend most of our time at the parks. Evenings offered a cape fire with smores, night vision with the animals and a poolside movie. The bus system worked well for us, but did take a little extra time. We did the Sunrise Safari and it was SO worth it!!

The lounge for concierge level guest was great. Food was good and we all enjoyed the space for breakfast and evening snack. TV's for both kids and adults. The only disappointment was the concierge staff. At check-in our CM, Melissa offered to assist with dinner reservations. We di did not have reservations for the last night of our stay and she assured me she would take care of it. After 2 days (the day we needed them) I went back to ask her...she first acted like she did know remember my request and then said she had looked into it and found nothing. She offered no apology and told me she was busy and someone else could help me. I was VERY disappointed by this. At Disney they seem to go out of their way to help you, let alone I paid extra to have the concierge level benefit where someone was available to help me. We ended up with no dinner reservations that night and just hung out at the hotel.

Animal Kingdom is a wonderful place to stay if you don't mind being a littler farther away from most of the park. I would just suggest that if you stay at the concierge level, you follow up them frequently to make sure your requests are followed through!!

Room Tip: Always ask upon arrival for a Savanna view - its worth it!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MEcker225
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband and I just returned from spending three nights at the lodge. We had the best time here and will definitely return. We had an Arusha Savanna view on third floor (just a few rooms from lobby)and it was the most amazing experience to sit on your balcony and watch the giraffes eating right outside your room. We enjoyed the pool as well as Boma for breakfast. We had no issues with the buses and found them to work out fine. Beautiful lobby and great place to stay. Wish we were able to stay longer to enjoy the lodge more.

Room Tip: Highly recommend booking room in Arusha Savanna if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple