Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
US$266
US$105
US$90
  • Pool
Rosen Inn International(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$105
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
US$526
US$449
US$505
US$415
Agoda.com
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$213
Hotels.com
7,369 results
All reviewssavannah viewjambo houseanimal kingdomkidani villagesavannah roomnight vision gogglesafrican themewatching the animalssavanna view roomboma restaurantthe buszebra trailafrican animalslove animalsbunk bedsbooked a standard roomthe quick service restaurant
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed there for 3 days....room was small and bedding smelled!
Only animals we were lucky enough to see were mating donkies and few small other animals far away.
At the pool the life guard on duty didn't want to get wet when I asked him to help my daughter and he (life guard) asked guest in the pool to help instead.....we checked out next morning....don't go by the looks of the lobby!!!
Food awful and overpriced at Mara too....
NN in Dallas

9  Thank ruhineesha07
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Just returned from AKL. great place to stay, we had a arusha view on the 2nd floor and it was enjoyed by all. We arrived on the DME bus and it was a breeze getting in as well when we left.
Sign in and checkout was a breeze. I requested a room with a view but had one already assigned without even asking. Was very glad we got that since our kids absolutely loved the view and the animals running around in the zoo area.

We got all of our questions answered. Very professional staff, I completely forgot the name of the gent who does caricatures but i think his name was Scott and he was great in staying late and drawing up a caricature for my older daughter who had wanted one.

housekeeping on par, came through for us with keeping the room clean and tidy once we left for the day. Only once did we run into an issue with getting some plasticware to eat breakfast with since we opted to bring some cereal for our kids ages 6, 2.5 & for ourselves.

The night vision safari at jambo house isnt all that, i was expecting a safari type ride but this was more of a stand there with night vision binoculars. We skipped eating at any of the restaurants since one we woke up late and arrived late from the parks so timing was an issue. We were quite happy to find out you can have food delivered so pizza was quite a hit with some wildlife viewing.

We are looking forward to our next trip and AKL is probably going to be our go to place to stay at again. But this time we will stay longer and take in more of what the hotel offers as well.

Room Tip: get arusha view & ask for room with view, not all arusha rooms have a view. if not familiar with AKL, on a long visit to one of the parks make sure you ask the bus driver when getting dropped off, you might get dropped at kidani village instead of jambo.
Reviewed 27 November 2013

First of all, i have to say it was not a bad experience, but nothing that really stood out either. I thought the biggest pain point for me would be the location because unless you spend most of your time at Animal Kingdom - you always need to travel to the other Parks. What helped mitigate that issue was we had our own car! It worked out great, if i had to use the Disney Bus system - i would have pulled my hair out. The resort overall has a nice feel to it! Love the African look and the pool is amazing. We had a savannah view which was neat ( not the best view in that category either) The service is what did me in. Its a large resort - the room was not up to my specs., and hence i don't think they can handle that size effectively. The room itself small with not that much room to move around with a family of four. We need have the Bunkbeds - that could have taken up more room. I think I just got acustomed to the smaller more intimate feel of Wilderness Lodge! That place rocks! ( Love the boat ride to MK) I did have to say one of my favorite restaurants is indeed BOMA's - one of the best buffet's at Disney - if you're like a foodie like me and try different things. So I'm really on the fence with this place - it has a lot of potential but the service was rocky at best, especially being a premium resort class at Disney. Another point and maybe because its the theme of the resort, we were there at the beginning of the Christmas holiday season - and i did not see anything related to Christmas like the other resorts.... Question would i go back? I don't know - it have to be a really good discount or something to come back. If you decide to go, the only point i can't stress enough is have your own car especially if you have little ones. The wait time and bus system is not for me.

Room Tip: I liked being on the 3rd floor - its the same level as the lobby (Note: you're not on ground level either) the resort is built up high in the back. I had a Savannah view which was neat and got to see some pretty cool animals - would have preferred a better savannah location (not a corner section) or the pool view too.
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We had planned on Port Orleans French Quarter, but having stayed at there once and Riverside twice already we decided to pay a bit more for the Animal Kingdom Lodge and loved it. We had a view of the Savannah and it was not the best view, but we did see some animals. I can't say it's really worth it, unless your on the Arusha Savannah. Anway, hotel had a very calm vibe to it and it was the first time my family and I were excited to get back to the hotel after being in the parks a few hours. Pool was great but could have been heated a bit more considering how chilly it was during the trip. Mara the quick server place was ok, had a great Falafal but terrible flatbreat chicken pizza. If you can swing it, do Jiko it was great!
Staff was aces as well and room was nice and clean, my daughter loved the bunk beds.
Overall I really think the detail they put into everything as well as being able to see animals all over made the place a sorta a value for what you got!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've been at the lodge a few times for dinner. The lobby had always impressed me but I live in the woods so seeing animals has never been a huge bonus for me. I was persuaded to try a different resort for my Disney trip so we ended up making reservations here. It is definitely a drive from the parks (except for AK) so be prepared to sit on the bus for a while. If you have a car it will be much more convenient for you to just drive to the park(s) for the day. If you stay on Disney property you can park for free at any park..unlike Universal. One thing I was impressed with was how close the parking lot was to the main lobby. It's literally just across the street. I stayed at the Grand Floridian the last time and the walk to the guest parking lot is absolutely ridiculous. So this was a nice treat. You can opt to valet your car for $15 a day. It's no secret that Disney hospitality cannot be beat. As my reservation was verified at the main gate the security guard greeted me with a "welcome home"...they really do a great job. Check-in was a bit long but that was only because the woman had to link my magic bands to my room. If you haven't tried them yet, you are really in for a treat! I forgot to link them to my account before I left, so save yourself some time and have them ready to go before you leave for Disney.

I got my keys (they still issue regular room keys because they are still testing everything out-I didn't have to use them though) and headed to my room. It was a bit of a hike but each connecting section of the resort has a nice feeling as you admire the view of the savannah. There are huge windows on both sides as well as a look out area. They even have a bridge rope on the sides of the hallway to simulate you crossing over into a different section of the savannah. Speaking of Savannah..I noticed there were animals on both sides of me. Did I have a savannah view? I booked a standard view. I got to my room and was shocked to find out that I had been upgraded to a savannah view! Thank You, Disney. It was a real treat. I'm curious how often they do that. I didn't ask for it. They just did it for me. The rooms are small as well as the bathroom but the theming is great and the private balcony overlooking the savannah is a real treat. Room was clean and the beds were comfortable.

The giraffes walked by every day to say hello. Now there are people that monitor the safari. They are often on quads or other all terrain vehicles. They are loud and they come by quite early in the morning so I was woken up a few times. The room had a DVD player which is great for families with children. All in all I had a pleasant and comforting experience. There's a lot to take in. The two jacuzzi tubs by the pool are very nice. The pool is also very inviting. I believe the quick service restaurant is called The Mara. It has the normal basic quick service food. Nothing to really cry home about. This is where you go to fill up your drink mugs if you opt to pay for them. They are included with your dining plan. I dined at Jiko for the first time. I will review it later. It was a bit of a letdown. Boma, however, is a real treat. I recommend that one.

In closing, if you love animals and want a somewhat quiet resort definitely stay here. Children will love this place as well as couples looking for a nice romantic spot. Booking a savannah view is a must if you really want to take in and cherish the animals. After seeing so many animals, you really have no need to go to Animal Kingdom. The main cons are being so far away from the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. If you don't have a car, you should allow for at least an hour to get from the resort to a park. Sometimes the buses take 25 mins just to arrive and they fill up fast.

1  Thank sfmarine