“AMAZING”

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Ranked #37 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Not much to say about this place because its just everything you want from a Disney holiday. We have been a few times now and loved it every time. The Lobby is amazing, the rooms are brilliant, the pool area is excellent and the food has every type your looking for.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Just returned from a wonderful 3 nights at the Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge. Accommodations, environment, and even the food were all very good. Some tips for saving a few dollars- 1. Savannah view room is not worth the price. There are many spots in the resort to see the animals without shelling out hundreds of extra dollars. 2. Eat breakfast in your room. Bring your own juice and chill it in the provided fridge, bring some pastries with you, then add a hot beverage from the coffee machine and you can save a bundle. 3 Try, if you can, to ignore the overpriced trinkets. For books and alike, find what you like, then check the price at an on-line store. You'll save there as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Richard H
Reviewed 5 December 2013

A very nice stay. We had two toddlers and my husband and I. back to celebrate our 15th anniversary. we booked via Priceline and got a great rate, but expected to be looking at the parking lot from our room not the savannah. Well lucked out, our front desk person was wonderful and got us a free upgrade. sitting out on the balcony was so peaceful. The animals truly are right there. The room was fine, clean and bed was comfortable. I was disappointed by how poor the lighting was especially in the bathroom. The pool was big and had nice low area for toddlers. I would recommend if you are really into the animals but otherwise the room itself is much like the moderate hotels so you could save some money by staying at port Orleans or CaribbeanBeach.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Heidi G
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My girlfriend and I both love Disney World. We were able to jump on an opportunity to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for 4 nights for free due to Disney points. Everything about staying at a Disney resort is great and convenient. They make travel so easy for you from the second you get off the plane and then back to your hometown. Anyway, Animal Kingdom Lodge was a beautiful hotel. We unfortunately did not make it to any of the restaurants at the hotel because we spend most of our times at the parks and Downtown Disney. The room was a decent size for two people. The decorations and themes of the room were a perfect fit for the hotel. The bed was a bit firm for my taste but I was so wiped from the parks it didn't really matter. There was a little love seat with a coffee table and then a table with a few chairs. I have to the the best thing about the hotel is the view from your room. I absolutely loved waking up in the morning and making coffee and watching the giraffes and zebras eating and walking around. I believe that it would be a great hotel for you to take your children. The only problem I had with the hotel was that our room was somewhat towards the end. So after a long day of walking around the parks we had to come back to our hotel and walk what seemed like 2 miles to get to our room. It made me pretty angry. Other than that it was great. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I would suggest getting something that is not on the outskirts of the resort. LOOOOONG WALK if you...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2013

If you like animals and African themed hotels along with the Disney touches, then this is the hotel for you. Really nice hotel that feels like you could be in Africa. We stayed for a week at Jambo house where we found the room to be clean and comfortable.

My only negative is that we chose this hotel because we thought the animals would be right outside our window almost looking in, but were further away than expected. The room we were given had a nice outlook but was lacking in animals in particular giraffe and Zebra as it did not look out on the main savannah where all the varieties were. Instead we had to make do with slightly less interesting creatures which was a bit of a disappointment but still had a thoroughly good stay.

The food is excellent and made even better by the Disney dining plan which is well worth investigating. Breakfast in Boma (African influenced) is amazing as is dinner.
Dining in the quick restaurant (Mara) was good but we wondered if we'd stayed for two weeks if we would have got bored of the menu as not huge options.

Transportation from AKL to Disney theme parks could not be better and definitely a good reason to stay at a Disney resort with buses (or motor coaches as they like to call them) every few minutes there and back. Not having a rented car we did feel like we were in a bit of a "Disney Bubble" as we'd spent the whole week in a Disney environment and not seeing any of the outside world. Overall an excellent stay with very friendly, helpful welcoming staff and a really nice atmosphere. Nice swimming pool too.

Room Tip: If you're booking a savannah view room, check you're getting one that looks out over the mai...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tim R
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Breathtaking views, booking the savannah view is a must! Great pool for the kiddies. The food at Boma is fantastic. The zebra domes makes a perfect breakfast while watching the giraffes coffee in hand. Early morn and 8:30-9 at night are the best times to watch the animals.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2013

First, I want to say that our trip did not get off to a great start. The day before we left our house the family got hit with the stomach bug, so we were not feeling that great when we got there. This probably skewed my enjoyment at first, but by the end of the trip I was really pleased we stayed here. We had a pool view in the jambo house and overall our room was nice. All rooms feel small when you have a family of 5, but the room was always clean, and our house keeper (Sumia) did a great job all week. This is our fourth different Disney hotel (Saratoga twice and Caribbean once) and I think of all of them Saratoga still ranks as my favorite, but my wife liked AK the best. It is a really great hotel, I liked how it was laid out, some of the resorts at Disney are strung all over the place, but AK was put together very nicely. The only restaurant we ate at was the quick service, Mara, but it was good and everyone we talked to had really good things to say about the other two on site. The pool was good, but not as nice as the ones at the other resorts we have stayed at. The staff was wonderful and the bus service there was really good. Our kids enjoyed the hotel thoroughly. I would definitely stay here again, and the only thing stopping me of giving it an excellent review is the average pool our thought my room was a little less nice compared to our rooms at Saratoga. Saratoga > Animal Kingdom > Caribbean

Room Tip: I would definitely pay a little extra for a pool view or savannah view. Much nicer than looking at a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PettsWVU01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
Lake Buena Vista
Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort

Been to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge? Share your experiences!