Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
US$279
US$267
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$103
US$90
US$418
US$321
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$213
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Rosen Inn International(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$65
Cancelon
7,373 results
All reviewssavannah viewjambo houseanimal kingdomkidani villagesavannah roomnight vision gogglesafrican themewatching the animalssavanna view roomboma restaurantthe buszebra trailafrican animalslove animalsbunk bedsbooked a standard roomthe quick service restaurant
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We choose the Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jamba house - primarily for the animals and stayed here two nights. With online check-in, I requested a savannah room on an elevated floor (but not the top floor) and the Kudu trail. We were placed in room 4310 with a wonderful view of a watering hole and a giraffe feeding station. My mom really enjoyed watching the animals from our balcony and we saw nearly all of the ones listed on the provided identification card. I would absolutely recommend paying the extra cost for a Sunset Savannah view. There are other places around the hotel where you can see the animals but we definately had a better view from our room. Overall, the room was clean and quiet. The only complaint that I have concerns the beds. I actually checked for a mattress tag to verify that I wasn't sleeping on a rock. Ditto the pillows. But we had such a great view that we didn't request a transfer to another room. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. In fact, we had a flat tire on our rental car and the hotel staff was more helpful than the rental car company. We had breakfast in the Boma restaurant and unfortunately, I wasn't as impressed as some of the reviews that I've read here.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Myself and my husband have stayed here 3 times in the last four years, so that should tell you how great it is. We have always had a savannah room and it is well worth the extra, as there is nothing like standing on the balcony as the sun comes up with a coffee and a giraffe!

The hotel and rooms were always clean and well looked after, with lovely staff.

I can't recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 023Lou
Reviewed 9 December 2013

From a motel 8 kind of girl… This ranks right up there with a Hilton inn; however best western in the housekeeping department. The toilet was on a slant to the left so when you sat you literally leaned to the left, (you would think with what these rooms cost they could replace the o ring and re-center)…the shower head was CAKED in lime scale most of the sprayers did not spray. The top of the amour and the TV stand were FILTHY with dust! There were nicks and scratches all over the TV stand, there was soda or some kind of nastiness on the wall next to the chair and table set….Don’t even bother to look behind the table because it has not been vacuumed in the last 5 years or so as there was dust over half and inch thick and had food behind there. The comforter was ungodly thick and heavy with sewn corners so it was quite restricting…On to the pluses of this resort. The landscaping was AMAZING even the pool view it was awesome. The hotel stall was friendly, helpful and inviting…The rooms were very quiet, if I didn’t know better I would swear I was the only person in the whole resort! Under the beds were very clean as we lost quite a few toys under there daily… No bed bugs! Smoking areas were sprayed down daily and did not interfere with the non smokers. Busses from jumbos house were always crowded as they pick up at Kidani first so be prepared to stand….Food at their quick service was very good for “fast food”. Over all if you can get a discount or a good deal on this resort I would take it as they are selling the experience more than the room. And at Disney how much time do you intend on spending in your room anyway?

1  Thank Elizabeth H
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We have been to Disney numerous times throughout the years - staying at either the Grand Floridian or the Polynesian. I couldn't pass up the deal that was being offered for this resort, so we decided to stay here for a change, but we were hesitant about dealing with the bus transportation. Upon arrival, the resort was very nice and welcoming. The check in process as flawless and the front desk staff were very helpful. The lobby is absolutely beautiful!!

The room seemed dated and in need of an upgrade. It was also extremely small - is this really a deluxe resort??? It was clean for the most part but there were a few stains on the beds.

The bus transportation was absolutely horrible!!!! I don't know how many times we saw empty buses come and go (for parks that weren't even open yet). The transportation to the MK was the worst. Make sure to give yourself at least an hour, if not more, to arrive at the MK (that isn't being sarcastic).

On the third night of our trip, there was a note on a bed to inform us of a scheduled power outage from 11:30 PM until 7:30 AM - would have been nice to know about this when we checked in. My dad uses a sleep apnea machine, so this was the final straw. We took the next cab out and headed to the Polynesian for the remainder of the stay.

If you are looking for a very quiet resort, and you aren't in a hurry to get to and from the parks, then this is a decent place to stay. I definitely do not consider this to be a deluxe resort.

4  Thank jovipagirl
Reviewed 8 December 2013

To say I was disappointed is an understatement. With the prices you pay to stay here you would at least expect a semi comfortable bed. The beds in this hotel are some of the worst I have ever slept in. We checked in to one room for one night that had a lot of traffic outside and it was very noisy. We asked to change our room the next day to a less travelled area and were given a room on the second floor. Although not as noisy, the walls were still very thin and you heard everything from the other rooms. This bed was also awful. Definitely motel quality type beds and amenities. The only pros--the beautiful lobby and the animals in the savannah. Other than that, I do not recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business