“Amazing Experience”

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Ranked #34 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Hotel fantastic, Savannah room is a must, seeing the animals so close is a magical never to be forgotten experience. Rooms spotless, towels very soft and very white everything is cleaned?changed everyday - very comfortable. Free Disney Dining is a bonus which means you can enjoy the dining at this hotel, the quality and choice of food is beyond 5 star!

Disney transport is great for getting around and free.

Hotel very child friendly, lots for them to do and see.

Take the dawn safari to get even closer to the animals.

Best holiday ever, can't wait to return!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Boys2325
There are newer reviews for Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We have stayed here several times. It is one of our favorite places to stay on Disney property. I think because it is has Disney feel, while still keeping its actual theme. The lobby is beautiful. The savannah is lovely. The resort is peaceful. There are many activities going on throughout the day. The rooms are very nice. The resort was very clean. Service was great. The food options at the resort are great. It is also has Kidani resort within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Danielle G
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed here in early January. Saw rooms for 4 nights were going to be about $4500. Found a deal on ebay for $850 for 4 nights. Amazing place, amazing service, amazing location. Truly isa magical place!!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Amy R
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed in Jambo house for 10 nights last year for my honeymoon. On arrival we had our room upgraded.
The room was nice and spacious and the toiletries were replaced daily.
On our first morning, we decided to go to the buffet breakfast. They had everything you could imagine! We didn't realise it costed around £30 a head so from then on, decided to eat at the take away cafe by the pool. This was perfect as the range available great- especially the Mickey Mouse shaped waffles!!
The pool was great with plenty of sun loungers.
I also used the gym which was nice and had everything you would want while working out on holiday.
The transport to the parks was great, with busses going really regularly.
I can't fault this hotel. I had such an amazing holiday. I want to go back already!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank MrsBorrington7
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Went there during Halloween season. Our balcony view overlooked what seemed to be the African plains. Beds were great but I didn't want to go to sleep. The animals were allowed to roam 24/7. So wonderful so clean. Hotel staff was just what you would expect from Disney....Awesome! Though on vacation, I still had some business to take care of. Staff at front desk were helpful and friendly. Sent, received, and held faxes for me without any problems. Had dinner at their African themed restaurant. Oh you HAVE to go there! I do believe that was the best dinner we ever had! It was certainly the most memorable. The chefs there were absolutely artists! They make a butter that tastes like pizza. Yes pizza! Our server told me how but I've yet to find the spices. (Oh well I guess I'll just have to go back) Host Debbie was so gracious, friendly and amazing! She made us feel like we were her long lost cousins. Thank you so very much. We would stay there again even if we don't do Disney. But then again, how could anyone go to Orlando and not do Disney?

Room Tip: Let front desk know at check in if you want a room away from hallway running children if available...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CoupleInTheir40s
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Great hotel to see animals. Staff was nice. Had all the glitz and glamour. Only downside is the room smelled like cat urine. We switched rooms because it was so bad and the other room had same odor but less intense. I don't know if it was just wet carpet, etc?!?! Still deciding if I will try this one again! Other than that, it was wonderful! Activities for kids, movies under the stars, just lots of "stuff" for kids to look at throughout hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank me1030
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went there to celebrate our honeymoon and it was fabulous! Being able to wake up next to so many animals is breath taking. The food was amazing as well. The employees were very nice. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Jessica E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
Lake Buena Vista
Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort

Been to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge? Share your experiences!