My sister and I stayed in the Jambo House section of the hotel and absolutely loved our stay! We had just booked a "standard view" when we made the reservation, so were not expecting a savannah view but we were pleasantly surprised when we walked into our room and saw we had one! We were in the far left corner of Jambo House, on the 2nd floor so it was a bit of a walk to our room, but considering it was a good room we did not mind! The giraffes and zebras seemed to like gathering in that corner of the savannah in the mornings, so most days we had a great view of them as we were getting ready for our day! They seemed so close to us, and we got some great photos. The room was always clean and comfy. It would have been nice if there was a microwave in there, as we couldn't reheat some leftovers we had, but it wasn't a huge deal. Staff at the hotel seemed friendly, greeting us as we would pass them in the hallways, and were always ready to answer our questions. The atmosphere of the hotel was beautiful, with different African artifacts on display. We even liked the smell of the place, my sister kept commenting on how good it was!
I would definitely recommend giving Boma, the buffet restaurant, a try for dinner! It is on the pricey side, but we both found it worth it as we had a large appetite both times we went! Such a large variety of interesting, flavourful foods, and it was fun to try new things! Probably the perfect restaurant to try new things at as since it was a buffet, if we did not like it we could always try something else! Staff there was friendly as well. I wish we had more time and had gotten to try Sanaa and Jiko, but with being at the parks most evenings we did not have the chance.
I don't know for sure, but it seemed as though this hotel is furthest away from all the parks on Disney property. Bus rides were usually at least 20 minutes, and it seemed like we saw other hotels near the parks. If you plan on getting to the parks for opening, keep this in mind! It was also quite far for cabbing to and from Universal Studios parks, about $40-45 each way. If you have the time, I think that using the free bus transportation to Downtown Disney, and then taking a taxi from there would be cheaper.
All in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into the heart of Africa at this magnificent Resort hotel. Inspired by the traditional African kraal, the horseshoe-curved design provides spectacular views of 4 lush savannas that over 200 hoofed animals and birds call home. Delight in dazzling pool areas, exciting animal programs and one of the largest collections of African art in the United States as you experience your own African safari adventure with a touch of Disney magic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Florida
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney Animal Kingdom Resort
- Disney Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Disney
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Orlando
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Disney
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Florida