This is a great hotel, although be prepared to walk a lot because unless you are lucky and get a room close to reception you'll have to walk miles!
It's everything you expect from Disney and real interesting if you get a Savannah view ( more money but I bet if they are not too busy they'll give you one if you ask nicely) we stayed a week here then had another 8 days at Disney beach club which we preferred because you could walk to two parks Epcot and MGM (we still call it that!) in fact that's the only downside to AKL you have to travel by car or the excellent Disney bus service to the parks, not a massive problem though.
Yes I would recommend this hotel you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into the heart of Africa at this magnificent Resort hotel. Inspired by the traditional African kraal, the horseshoe-curved design provides spectacular views of 4 lush savannas that over 200 hoofed animals and birds call home. Delight in dazzling pool areas, exciting animal programs and one of the largest collections of African art in the United States as you experience your own African safari adventure with a touch of Disney magic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Florida
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney Animal Kingdom Resort
- Disney Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Disney
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Orlando
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Disney
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Florida