“AMAZING!!!”

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Ranked #34 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

AKL is our home resort ( we are DVC) and every time we go, we enjoy it more and more!! Beautiful resort-- loved the animals, restaurants, and the pool. We had an amazing Disney vacation!! My only regret was that I wish I would have had more time to spend at the resort!!

Stayed: June 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (7,167)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had the amazing opportunity to stay at DAK. It was so amazing. We arrived around 7am from our red eye and our room was immediately available. So awesome. I got to take a shower and get the plane off me. We had a pool view which was mildly obstructed by some trees but was great none the less. It was really cool to step outside the lobby and see the animals. We did spend a day at the pool which was very relaxing. The water slide was fun too. The environment of the hotel is very calm and peaceful. At the same time there is much to explore so it is exciting at the same time. You do get what you pay for and at this hotel you get so much!

Room Tip: The rooms on the lower wing off the main lobby offer a secret entry/exit that is EXTREMELY close to...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jaimelee P
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Only Disney can put together the magic feeling of staying at a zoo while keeping everything extremely clean and tidy. The rooms decor matched the theme, as did the rest of the hotel, and waking up to seeing a giraffe out the window is such a fun experience.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pleachy
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My family and I stayed here the last week of April 2014. What a beautiful place to be, inside and out. For me it was like being on your own tropical island. I would stay there again in a heart beat. The entire atmosphere is lovely and so were the staff. Just to be able to walk out of the door and catch a bus wherever you wish to go was wonderful for me. I could have stay at the lodge the entire time without going to the parks, it was great watching the animals roam outside our balcony. My 2 yr.old granddaughter was so excited to be there and so was I. A little expensive but overall worth every bit.

Room Tip: The room I stayed in was roomy, quiet and very serene. Just walking thru the halls is an entirely di...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank andreg445
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely stunning. When we checked in we asked if there was any rooms upgrades, the lady on reception upgraded us to a savannah view free of charge. This views from our balcony were stunning.
The room was spotlessly clean and beds were really comfortable. Bathroom was also really clean.
The staff are everything that you would expect from Disney. Really friendly and helpful.
Buses depart regularly from the hotel to all themeparks.
Hot tubs are absolutely amazing.
I cannot praise this hotel enough.
Worth every penny!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Adventurer2017
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is definitely a WOW hotel from the moment you walk into the resort you will be wowed. The interior is perfect to transport you to a magically hunt lodge in Africa from the decor to the smells it is truly an amazing resort. I hope you build in time in your vacation to explore the hotel and the grounds from the flamingo feedings, night vision goggles, fireside chats it is very magical very Disney. If I had to find one negative aspect is the room lighting is a bit dim but you won't be disappointed with your stay from the zero entry pool to Boma, explore and taste Boma the spice pallet is a bit different but not spicy very yummy.

Room Tip: The Savannah views are amazing but there are plenty of viewing areas throughout the hotel if you wan...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tammy W
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My mom and I went to the AKL from May 20-24. We were celebrating both our birthdays (my 21st and her 60th). Our travel agent made sure that the hotel knew we were celebrating and that our restaurants knew also. When we arrived we were greeted by a cast member who took us immediately to the club level and once we got there our experience was beyond amazing. Our room was ready when we arrived and our view looked over the savannah. We were able to see zebras, spring buck, birds and giraffes from our room every day! The food at the club level was so amazing and the cast members were always helpful. The day we arrived and came back to the room from going to parks, were a gifts from the hotel because it was our birthday. They gave us a picture farm that had Disney character signatures around it, truffles and our birthday pins. The extra Disney touch they did for us was, putting disney princess stickers and glitter on the pins. Everyone who came in contact asked us how did we get these cool pins and no one else had pins like ours!! AKL gave that extra disney for us. We have been to disney over 16 time and never stayed at this hotel before. Now AKL is our favorite hotel and I would 110% stay there again and stay on the club level!!

Room Tip: Club level is worth it. It made be a little more but all the personal touches they make for you, it...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family