Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
7,323 results
All reviewssavannah viewjambo houseanimal kingdomkidani villagesavannah roomnight vision gogglesafrican themewatching the animalssavanna view roomboma restaurantthe buszebra trailafrican animalslove animalsbunk bedsbooked a standard roomthe quick service restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Let me get this off my chest first: on the third night of our five night stay we returned to find a HUGE (2 inch) roach in our bathtub. We have stayed in many Disney hotels and have never seen a single bug previously. The front desk was very apologetic and offered to move us to another room, which I declined in favor of an exterminator treatment. Every public building has bugs - it is a matter of how the staff deal with it and treat you that matters - and Disney was first class.

The hotel itself is beautiful inside and out. Despite the fact that I opted on this trip to only get a "standard" view room (aka parking lot) there were large windows in the hallways from which we could easily see the roaming animals (giraffes, zebras, etc). If you want to pay an additional $30 or so per night you can get a room with a balcony overlooking the savannah and see the animals from your own room. There are also multiple spots where you can wander outside and view the animals.

Our room was very nice and good sized. The housekeeping staff made sure we had all new shampoos and soaps each day even if we did not need them yet. Despite the fact that the hotel was practically full during our stay, it did not seem crowded at all and we heard virtually no noise.
The Disney transportation to the theme parks is very convenient.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the savannah offer the best chance for viewing animals.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Charlie S
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at Animal Kingdom lodge for 1 night on June 7. I had previously stayed here 2 prior times. Once for a week and last year for 2 days. This was our 3rd stay at the hotel and we have noticed a slight decline. It was missing some of the little things. We stayed in a bunk bed room and noticed writing on the bottom of the top bunk. The gift shop workers were not very helpful when I attempted to return an item that was purchased from one of the Disney parks that had been charged to our room. You can not use a luggage cart unless its attended by a bell hop. Then if you don't tip them after they load it and take it to the car or room you get a disgusted look. Really I just want a cart for my families luggage. We were celebrating our sons 8th birthday and the year before when we stayed for my daughters birthday we were given a small set of toy animals in the room and animal shaped chocolates. After check in I asked one of the check in workers about this I was told that they don't do that. Unfortunate because my son was excited about getting these little toys. Despite all that what makes this place special is the workers like Chris the online check-in lady that first helped us when we arrived. We had two rooms and requested that they be close. Chris worked to find us rooms that were close and had a good view of the animals. Chris also was quick to obtain a birthday pin for our son and anniversary pins for my wife and I as well as 2 roses. Chris also helped us purchase an item that we wanted from Hollywood studios as we were not going to be returning to Hollywood studios for the remainder of our trip. After we returned from a day at a park we returned to find it on the bed. Also the Boma breakfast buffet is awesome. Servers are friendly and food is delicious. If the hotel could work on a few of these little things our stay would have been incredible instead of ok.

Room Tip: Arusha or Sunset views we found to be the best to see the most amount of animals. Arusha is the better of the two as they seem to feed the animals there were they can be seen near the lobby.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank brian h
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed five nights at Kadani House in February. Many people have complained about the long hallways but it wasn't bad and you find shortcuts. We were in a one bedroom with a living room and full kitchen. This helped with breakfast and snacks. The best part was the view out the windows. Suddenly, there was a giraffe family eating from the trees. We saw many types of animals all throughout the day. Disney does a great job of hiding the wires and fences so it looks like the animals are right there. We had a Savanah view so not everyone will see the animals out their windows but there are several observation decks to sit on and enjoy. The pool is also great and not very crowded. My only complaint is that the lighting in the rooms was dark. There were not enough overhead lights and lamps. Small detail... Also, it was easy to catch the buses to the parks.

Room Tip: Ask for a Savanah room not at the end of the hallways.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mrs._Shnee
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I went on this holiday for our honeymoon at Christmas and we was amazed as soon as we pulled up .
We was given a room upgrade and a very warm welcome from all members of staff.
The pool area was lovely and the rooms are lovely and clean. The staff made us feel really special and wanted to help as much as they could during our stay booking us taxis and organising things to make our trip perfect!
I really have nothing bad to say about this hotel and the people who have complained about it obviously have nothing else better to do as this hotel is by far worth every penny we paid and it gave us some amazing memories for us to cherish!

The buses to the parks where great we didn't have to wait long at all even if as we got the bus stop we just missed one there was soon a next one arriving.

The animals in the hotel where great to watch we sat up on the balcony in the large rocking chair and watched the giraffes feed it was a exsperiance that we will both never forget.
We are currently planning our next big trip to Disney land with a stay at this hotel! I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else! Perfect is the only word I can use to describe this hotel! amazing job at capturing the true magic of Disney !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank nichola k
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is an amazing hotel. We had a 2 bedroom rental with a living room and full kitchen. We ordered groceries ahead of time and they were delivered to our room. The location was great and watching the animals from our balconies was beautiful. It was pricey but worth it. We did not stay that much in the room though. I mean you are there to see the parks. Friendly and helpful staff. Only complaint is that it always took too long to get from the hotel to the parks because of the trolley system.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family