Are most of the reviews below from disney employees ? Seams like it most are local reviews. I have stayed at many high end hotels and this hotel is not one of them.
Stayed in a savanna view room. Seeing the animals was nice but no flowers and the lawn was mostly patchy dirt and grass. The fake beams all over the place that aren't even wood, just plaster wood looking beams. Very very cheap looking decor in the rooms. Not much looked authentic Africa . The room was horrible . By far the worst bathroom the toilet was right smack against the tub that a normal person couldn't even fit in. The tub toilet sinks and bathroom fixtures where the worst bottom of the barrel Home Depot looking stuff I have ever scene in a 500'a night hotel and the tile in the shower was cheap mud room looking tile that looked dirty. I felt like I was in a holiday inn like they used the same design team it was almost worst. And the converted tv cabinet to fit a flat screen tv was the worst it looked like street side furniture. The ceiling was a cheap textured ceiling I really felt like I was in a builder grade apartment. The pillows where foam and mattress hard. Seriously all of the decor wasn't worth the price we paid over 500 a night. No one should ever rate this hotel with even two stars.
The chairs on the balcony where of poor quality something off of a 1980s patio.
The fan in the room was also Home Depot crap. Nothing in the room or hotel ware worth a high end price tag. Come on people if you can afford this price tag then remember what you got for this price else where I guarantee it was of much much higher quality. The sinks open to the room and the placement of the toilet was so trailer park hotel. At the hotel you feel like a number obviously every kid in a America wants to go be a kid at disney and the parents have to stay at the park but I caution staying at these cheaply designed hotels not worth a dime, well if the stay was 125 a night yes maybe.
And the selection of food I mean come on its 2014, nothing is organic it's all chemical food crap disney is just adding in Americas obesity and cancer problems with every drink product a chemical induced coca cola product. The lowest quality food, warmed chemical cookies and candy in the lounge. The uniforms on the employees looked extremely frumpy obviously Walmart quality clothing. As long as the CEO Bob Iger makes 29 million like he did last year we will be ok.
No disney character was scene in the hotel the entire time. The only cool thing was the new bands that hold your info and the lobby ceiling height was cool also the authentic African artifacts. The hallways in the hotel are very narrow I must have walked past 4 house keeping carts on my way to the room if I didn't walk into them because of the 5 ft wide feeling hallways And why weren't the balcony railings glass or something easier to see through or of better quality. Seriously people stop rating this hotel anything more then 2 stars. The price is high way robbery. Now I know what to expect from the animal kingdom. Why not a Abercrombie and Kent high end feel, grass cloth walls high end furniture and art luxury amenities instead I stayed at the disney days inn animal kingdom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into the heart of Africa at this magnificent Resort hotel. Inspired by the traditional African kraal, the horseshoe-curved design provides spectacular views of 4 lush savannas that over 200 hoofed animals and birds call home. Delight in dazzling pool areas, exciting animal programs and one of the largest collections of African art in the United States as you experience your own African safari adventure with a touch of Disney magic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Florida
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney Animal Kingdom Resort
- Disney Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Disney
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Orlando
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Disney
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Florida