I stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for my recent honeymoon. This hotel is amazing! Disney has done it once again. The Animal Kingdom Lodge has two main hotels - Jambo House and Kidani Village. I stayed at Jambo House. As I said, it's an amazing hotel. Very picturesque. There's African art all over the hotel, the lobby is huge, but obviously the best part of the hotel is the roaming animals in the Savana. We had a Savana view room. If you or your kids love animals, spend the extra $$ and get a Savana view room. Nothing could be nicer than having a meal on the balcony and watching giraffes, zebras, and antelopes roaming around. It's like living at a zoo! Plus, from sundown to 9:30pm, you can go to an area behind the pool and watch the animal roam at night using some old-school military night vision goggles!! Definitely something you should do if you stay here. Now for the other parts of the hotel. First, food. Jambo House has 3 restaurants while Kidani Village only has 1. The Mara is a typical restaurant with that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You can eat there or take the food poolside or to your room. The Mara is open until 11:30pm in case you get hungry late. I recommend the zebra and giraffe cupcakes. The other restaurant, BOMA, is a buffet-style restaurant. A waitress handles your drinks while you handle your plate(s) of food. The last restaurant is Jiko. This one is fancy. Complete with a dress code, reservations, and a hefty price tag. The food is unique because of the African style that it's cooked in. My wife and I were hesitant to eat here at first but we were glad we did. I recommend the filet mignon.
Second, the room. You've got a balcony to eat on with a table and two chairs. There's free WiFi (no password needed) with a pretty good connection. I don't know if you can stream Netflix on it though. Never had an opportunity. The beds, sheets, and pillows are amazing. You'll definitely get a good night's sleep on them. My wife and I wished we could take ours back home to NY.
Third, the staff is very helpful. Everyone really is friendly and goes the extra mile to make sure your stay is great and your needs are met. The Zawadi Marketplace in the lobby is great for buying souvenirs and food/snacks for your room. When you go to the Disney theme parks, take advantage of the souvenir delivery service. You won't have to lug bags of souvenirs around and they'll be delivered to the Zawadi marketplace the next day.
All in all, this is an amazing hotel. My wife and I will definitely be staying here from now on. As with all Disney resorts, you get the Magic Bands, the free shuttle buses to the theme parks, water parks, and Downtown Disney. Parking is free if you don't valet. Plus you can take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours.
My only gripe with Disney is that there's no late night food options offered by the resort. Some nights, the Magic Kingdom closes at 1am (Extra Magic Hours). By the time you get back to the hotel, you might have a case of the munchies. But The Mara closes at 11:30pm so your only potential options are Dominos or Pizza Hut but they can take an hour to get to you. If the Disney theme parks stay open late for Disney resort guests, then they should also have some late night food options too. But, despite that one gripe, this is one fantastic hotel for families or even couples to stay. I definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into the heart of Africa at this magnificent Resort hotel. Inspired by the traditional African kraal, the horseshoe-curved design provides spectacular views of 4 lush savannas that over 200 hoofed animals and birds call home. Delight in dazzling pool areas, exciting animal programs and one of the largest collections of African art in the United States as you experience your own African safari adventure with a touch of Disney magic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Florida
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney Animal Kingdom Resort
- Disney Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Disney
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Orlando
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Disney
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Florida