“THE VERY VERY VERY BEST LATIN RESTAURANT IN FLORIDA”
Review of Havana's Cafe

Havana's Cafe
Ranked #628 of 3,808 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Key West, Florida
“THE VERY VERY VERY BEST LATIN RESTAURANT IN FLORIDA”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I've travel a lot and dinned at many latin restaurants, but HAVANA's CUBAN RESTAURANT in Lake Buena Vista, Florida is by far the VERY BEST. The food is extremely fresh and tasty, very authentic Cuban Flavor. Leo, Rafael and Omar are excellent, they will take care of you and provide de best service you've ever experienced. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who visit the Orlando area, you will NOT be disappointed. GUARANTEED

• Visited April 2014

Laguna Niguel, California
“I don't care what you do in Orlando, go to Havana's!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I never had Cuban food before, so I was excited to try this place out. It's walking distance from all the hotels on Palm Parkway. The ambiance is great -- very authentic cuban feel and the staff is very nice and attentive. They attempted to speak to my fiancé and I in Spanish. I guarantee we embarrassed ourselves a little.

The food was AMAZING. Possibly the best meal I've ever had in a restaurant. I loved the plantain chips, while the fiance thought they were too oily. She got the Churrasco Havana (Skirt steak in mushroom sauce) and I got the roasted pork shoulder. The steak was delicious and beautifully cooked. The sear on the outside of the meat was perfect, and even though she ordered it more cooked than I prefer (medium-well) it was still very flavorful. I normally hate mushrooms, but they somehow elevated the steak to new heights. The pork shoulder was so juicy and tender. It is complimented perfectly by the grilled peppers and onions. Order the yellow rice. So much more flavorful than the white rice. The fried sweet plantains on the side were a great touch.

We were so full. But this place was so good we had to get dessert. We didn't wanna miss out. I'm not a flan fan, so we ordered the tres leches cake, which was moist, soft, and not overwhelmingly sweet. It had a perfect balance.

Let's just say, this meal convinced us to serve cuban food at our wedding. This is the top attraction in Orlando in my book!

• Visited April 2014
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Thought we were in Miami”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Great food, great service. I got the meat sampler. I have eaten in quite a few Cuban restaurants in Miami and Key West, and this is right with the best of them. Nice atmosphere as well.

• Visited February 2014
oregon
“very good food and nice service”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I've never been to a cuban restaurant so wasn't sure what to get. my husband and I shared the shrimp dish and the chicken dish and we both enjoyed them. very different from each other. the shrimp was in a slightly creamy sauce and the chicken was a breast in a red sauce w/ mushrooms. the black bean soup was good but a little salty. We both loved the white rice. My daughter got a chicken and yellow rice dish and it was also yummy. My son had the ground beef dish which was well seasoned but again a little heavy on the salt. it was good eaten w/ the white rice in small quantities. The service is a little slow but very slow. We were w/ friends so didn't mind the wait. I would definitely go back.

• Visited March 2014
Plainfield, Indiana
“Yumminess! ”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Ohhhhhhh myyyyyy goodnesssss, this place was outstanding! The service was spectacular and the food was ahh-mazing. We actually came by mistake, we had a restaurant.com certificate for a place that started with havana as well so I just searched it on my map and didn't pay any attention to the street, thank God I did. Because it was worth the mistake and price we paid. I definitely will eat here again, like maybe tomorrow. :)