“Are you tired of Orlando chain restaurants?”
Review of Havana's Cafe

Havana's Cafe
Ranked #668 of 3,827 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“Are you tired of Orlando chain restaurants?”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is what I asked my wife and kids when I found this restaurant online and forced them to try something new while on our vacation.

I love small eating establishments like Havana Cafe. This place did not disappoint. Located in a hidden strip shopping plaza, Havana Cafe greets you with its bold red signage.The menu is extensive. I noticed that they had snapper, so I asked if they could cook it the way you should cook a fresh fish- whole fried fish. Being the wimp that I am, I requested that they remove the head and tail from Nemo. Wife ordered roast pork. Little ones ordered chicken tenders and Steak. My picky one ended up eating half of the steak that her sister ordered, because it was so amazing. For a thin steak, it was spot on good. Extra plantains and rice and beans for all. The food was great!!!!!!! Pork was tender and spiced just right. My fish was excellent. Crispy and tender in the middle. Seasoned to let the taste of the fish play the main role. I ordered flan for dessert. Very good. Bill was higher than expected. Be careful with sides and you will be okay. My fish was pricey, but worth it. Service was okay. Young waitress was nice. Manager or owner(bald man) was focused on a large group. I expected him to ask how we were doing, but he never visited our table.

Restroom lock broke when wife went to use it. Manager had to pry open with a knife. Bathrooms need some work. I believe a clean restroom tells you a lot about a restaurant. Devil is in the details.

Give Havana Cafe a try. I am sure that you will be pleased.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank shep28123

US
“Good food, decent price”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Casual restaurant, pretty good service - got better as the meal went on. Great food, tried a variety of dishes between us all (~7 dishes) and everyone enjoyed their meals (chicken, steak, pork, beans, rice, friend plantains). Decent prices.

• Visited May 2014
South Jersey
“So So”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I ate here with my family last night. The waiter seemed less than happy to be there, but we tried to enjoy our experience anyway.

We ordered the Mariquitas appetizer and they were delicious and fresh. For dinner my husband orders the lechon and I ordered the motuno. His meat was a bit tasteless and mine was salty. The sides that came with my plate were good--tamale, yuca, rice, etc. Hubby ordered a side of mofongo, which was very dry and the mojo that came with it tasted more like ropa vieja seasoning.

1 Thank prgirl73
“Service”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We start with a TAMALE, was good enough, the cuban beer was good. I order a cuban combination( tamale, carne frita, rice & black beans, cassava and fried plantain) was great. The service need to practice more with the tourist.

London, United Kingdom
“Solid Cuban restaurant”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The food was great and the service was good. Prices were reasonable on both food and drinks. Recommend it!

Visited April 2014