“A nice retreat”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lake Buena Vista
Reviewed 7 February 2014

A few years back I was traveling to the area 1-2 times a month and the Turf Club was on my rotation of places to eat. There were 2-3 items on the menu that were very healthy and well portioned (i.e. not a heaping mound of food). Unfortunately, the restaurant succumbed to pressure and the menu was revised to one where the food is not quite as unique and the healthy factor fell. For example the chicken once was a broiled meal and is now a breaded meal. Hopefully this is a temporary thing and 2014 will bring some sanity back.

The restaurant itself never seems crowded. We have always walked up to the seater and have been seated in a reasonable amount of time. During the shoulder months we sit on the outdoor patio and enjoy the view of water taxis moving up and down the Sassagoula River. Other than the menu choices, the food is of good quality and the portion sizes are still under control.

The wait staff is always attentive and prompt. The value is also reasonable considering the Turf Club is located within a Disney resort.

I would suggest that during mosquito season avoid sitting on the patio if you will be there around dusk. Disney does a great job of controlling these guys but they seem to overwhelm this area during that 30 minute period.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Since we were staying at Old Key West we wanted to go someplace different, someplace nearby and someplace that would not require admission to one of the parks. Turf Club became our choice. The dark wooded interior, flanked with mirrors provides a tasteful background. The menu is limited, but both my husband and I had delicious entrees. Mine was the lamb chops and his was the prime rib. My only complaint would be that the tables are very close together. We were there when the weather was rather brisk---ok, it was sort of cold---so we opted to sit inside. I believe that outdoor seating is more spread out. In better weather I would choose to sit out there which would also give an enchanting view of Downtown Disney's night time lights.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

My friends and I decided to try some new places along with some of our favorites on our last trip. I knew nothing about this place except for reading a few reviews here. We were on the Disney Dining Plan so we decided to give it a try. Needless to say, we will be back!
We went on a Saturday night so it was very busy. We had to wait maybe 10 minutes for a table. Our server was excellent. Very attentive, polite, personal, and knowledgable of the menu. The food however, leaves every other element of this place in the dust. .One of my friends had the Crispy Free Range Chicken Breast. They must flash fry it at the very end because it was perfectly crispy and the 4 cheese mac and cheese was decadent! Another friend had the prime rib and raved about it. (It must have been good cause no one else got to taste it!) Ok, I know the title of this review might be a little silly. Best steak EVER?! I'm not even kidding! The grilled NY Strip has most likely turned me into a steak snob. PERFECTLY cooked (med rare) with a delicious seasoning crust and grill marks! The mash potatoes were amazing and the green beans perfectly prepared. As if that's not enough, they serve the steak with a Lobster Fondue to dip your steak in. Yeah, it's even better than it sounds. Now I can only speak for the food WE ordered but something tells me that the quality goes across the board at this place. the only complaint I had was that there was no restroom in the restaurant. You to take a rather long walk to the other side of the hotel. After this meal, I was very forgiving about that.

1  Thank sheldog323
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We ate at this restaurant because we were staying at the Saratoga Springs Resort where this is located. We had read reviews about this being a great, quiet place to eat. The food was very good but the selection somewhat limited. We were seated in a terrible location, near the entrance and the wait station. The station should be located in a different area away from the patrons as the staff all hang around, chatting loudly...very rude and unprofessional. It spoiled the experience. I would have given this restaurant a higher rating had it not been for the behavior of the staff. The food, however, was good. Perhaps seating away from the wait station would have made a better impression, but I don't think we'll try this again.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed at the Saratoga Spring resort for 4 nights and had dinner here once. I really would have been happy to return, as it was a great dining experience and the service was above average. We sat outside on the patio area, which was pleasant but the ambiance of the place, inside and out, was cozy and inviting, so inside would have been fine as well. We started with fried calamari, which was tasty. We ordered salmon, new york strip and prime rib. These were all delicious, although the vegetables were tasteless to one of our group. My son had the cheeseburger from the children's menu, and he loved it. He can be a little picky, but the quality of the children's food was just as high as the adult menu. Because we were on the Disney dining plan, we also had dessert, which was nicely presented and offered a good range of options, from chocolate to fruit to ice cream. If you enjoy steakhouse style dining, you will enjoy this restaurant.