“Good steaks and service”
Review of NASCAR Sports Grille - CLOSED

NASCAR Sports Grille
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Universal Studios City Walk
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Good steaks and service”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We were in a hurry here and had about 50 mins to grab a meal - our waitress was great, efficient without rushing us, brought drinks really quickly and hustled the kitchen along with our steaks.
I went for the sweet potato fries which were disappointing but the steak and greens were cooked well.
It would not be my normal choice of venue as I don't like to eat surrounded by TV screens showing sports I have no interest in but as a quick stop because we were hungry it was good.
Trip advisor need a rating between "Average" and "Very Good" - I would rate it as "Good" !!

• Visited November 2013

Manotick
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Being NASCAR fans and not having been to a NASCAR Cafe before we were kind of excited to check it out. Maybe I was just being picky but we were there 3 days before the year end race at Homestead and you wouldn't have known. They had a TV at every booth and about 40 scattered throughout the restaurant. Not a race or car on one of them. It's fair to assume there was no coverage on any sports channels at the time, I guess I figured they might replay old races or have some highlight reels playing on at least one TV. Also, I found it odd that at least half the memorabilia on the walls was some sport other than NASCAR. This place is just a regular sports bar with a poorly stocked NASCAR store. Again the store was half NFL and MLB, so again I assume that is the reason.

The food is typical pub fair with fun NASCAR names for things. I just wish my wife's lemon for her drink didn't have a large brown rotted part on it. I'll bet 3 people touched that lemon before it made it to our table and no one cared to at the least cut the offending part away.

This place is having an identity crisis and the ownership or management company needs to take a closer look.

London, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

We ate here last night after a day at universal studios, on our way into the parks we purchased the golf and meal deal for $23.95 each and chose to eat here as they had the best selection available for the deal.
Pretty decent service and good tasty food, my only complaint would be to add childrens menu to the deal as my daughter cannot eat an adult meal and i find it such a waste of food.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Great steaks and service”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We had limited time before our film time at the nearby cinema, so asked if we could be in and out quickly. The staff were very efficient whilst not rushing us. The steaks were great, we both had flank steak cut, cooked to perfection and very tasty. Would return with more time next time as the starters looked very tempting.

• Visited November 2013
Baltimore, MD
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

We ate here on a cold, windy, slow night, thinking the kids would enjoy the atmosphere of seeing the race cars, but we were seated in an area where we couldn't see any special memorabilia. Furthermore, the food was average or below. The pretzel stick app was okay, but the dips alongside them could've been better. I had the lobster ravioli, and when it arrived, it looked more like a bowl of creamy tomato soup. I couldn't see the ravioli under the sea of sauce. The sauce was good, but the ravioli tasted fishy, not lobster-y. My husband had the chicken fingers and they looked like your standard chicken fingers. I think overall, for being in city walk, the food could've been better and the atmosphere just seemed like any joe-schmoe place we'd find at home.

Visited November 2013