“Fun all the way at POP Century!”

Disney's Pop Century Resort
Ranked #137 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Stayed here for 2 weeks in April 2012 with husband and 6 yr old daughter. Staff were friendly and welcoming, hotel itself was bright and fun, and very children orientated. Work was being carried out whilst we were there to maintain the hotel, which some might find a negative, but I found a positive that they were making the effort to maintain the appearence etc, and it didn't affect our holiday. My daughter loved the evening Disney movie, which was a lovely touch, and also the main Hippy Dippy pool where daily there were games etc, for the kids and adults to get involved in. We were in the 70's section. About 5 minute casual stroll to the main reception area. Rooms are fine, you aren't going to be in them that long! They're cleaned daily, now have a mini fridge and free internet. Bus service was good, even at this busy time, going to the parks and returning home whatever the time of day or night. Would definitely stay here again, although the new Art of Animation hotel is right next door, and also looked lots of fun and tempting for our next visit!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank kjn1976
There are newer reviews for Disney's Pop Century Resort

Reviewed 23 May 2012

You are at Disney, Your not at the hotel except to sleep and go again. The rooms are a little small for a family. But for the on the park experience we like it. The staff is very good. From front desk staff to the housekeeping staff everyone was wonderful. We have stayed here 4 times overall and have never had issues and enjoyed it everytime.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank MSMoma40
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Just got back from Disney World where we did a split stay. Great bus service and the quick service is good. The rooms are little small but you get what you pay for. People had mentioned that this was a big resort and I would disagree. We stayed in the 50's part and it is a pretty short walk to the main building and we did every pool there.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are at Disney to enjoy the parks and need a good pool for the kids to cool off at and don't mind small rooms. Wish I did my whole stay here. I am now going to do my review of CSR which will not be 5 stars.

Room Tip: We had 50's overlooking the lake which was very nice and very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank StickerStyler
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My husband and I did a quick trip to Disney for our 7 year anniversary. We stayed 3 nights at Pop Century. The energy in the lobby is great, as is that around the pool. Prior to this, we stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, which was awesome. This time we went without kids and just wanted a place to sleep at night. Don't expect extras, Pop Century is as basic as it gets, but it is clean and complete with a pleasant staff. Food choices at the dining court are great. The buses were actually more frequent and less crowded than those at AKL, which made us happy. If I had to say something negative, it would be that our full beds seemed small and we sank to the middle; but after spending 12+ hours in the parks, we slept great.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank hwooda
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Me and my family have stayed at pop 2/3 times that we have stayed at Disney, the first time we stayed in all star movies. I love it , it's bright, colourful and fun. The rooms are always clean and get cleaned everyday. We have to have conjoining room as there is 6 of us , and we have to request this and we have got it all 3 times , which I think is very good. All the staff are very kind and helpful, and the little towel animals that the maids make are just adorable. The food at the resort is very nice and not to expensive either. All of the decades are nicely themed and they suit everyone, I love it, even though I'm not a child ha ha. Staying at this resort adds more magic when you are at Disney and I absolutely love it!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Laura H
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed in a preferred room in the 50's section...room 1107 to be exact. It was VERY close to everything and I really liked that. They did not charge us any extra for the refrigerator so that was a pleasant surprise. While we were there (April 14-20, 2012), we did not have to share a bus with another resort and that was a BIG PLUS.

The down side was it was a lot smaller than I remembered the All-Star Music resort rooms to be and the bed was VERY firm. However, my brother-in-law stayed at this resort the following week and said their bed was very comfortable. So, I guess it depends on what you get.

All in all, it was a very cute resort. Very colorful. Def a lot better than staying off of Disney property. If this is the only way I can budget to stay on Disney property, I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: When I stay at a Disney Value resort, I choose the preferred rooms so I won't have to walk as fa...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank amandasprice
Reviewed 17 May 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Pop Century April 15-22. It was her first time there and my second. We loved it!
Our room was in the 70s section, on the fourth floor facing the lake. It was very quiet. Yes, we did hear toilets flushing and showers, but we each live in an apartment and found that we heard less noise at the Pop than at home. Our housekeeper for most of the week was Inez and she always did something special with the towels. Each day we looked forward to returning to our room to see what creature was waiting for us. And we loved having a fridge in our room. That was a great decision by Disney to include them in the price of the room.
We were on the quick service meal plan and had many of our meals at the resort. I loved the omelettes in the morning. The soups made a wonderful lunch. And the chicken was excellent. Many people like the tie-dye cheesecake; I prefer the carrot cake.
In the last 27 years I have been several times to Disney World, so I am not one to want to be at the parks from the time they open until they close. I like to have some downtime and the Pop is a great place for that. I love being at the main pool and watching the activities that go on throughout the day. It can be a little noisy but I was able to read my book without too many distractions. I enjoyed the arcade and I love that they now show movies in the evening. I didn't see any this time but will try to do so the next time I go.
Transportation to and from the parks was great. The longest we waited for a bus was 20 minutes. And that was only once. Buses were usually there within 10 minutes.
The Pop Century is a wonderful resort and I would highly recommend it to everyone. The property is spotless, the amenities are great, and the staff is friendly. I hope to return very soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank Marleen M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!