“Great bang for your buck plus Great Disney theme”

Disney's Pop Century Resort
Ranked #135 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Hubby and I stayed for 6 night over Oct 28 to Nov 2, Was a combination of Honeymoon and our first trip any where together. I had been on property 4 previous trips and it was hubbys first trip.

Great location for being a standard room. Close to buses and resturant, Was made to feel at home from the minute we hit magical express. Rooms were very clean and well kept our entire stay. Had wonderful mousekeeping service. If I called for extra towels were in our room in 2 hours or less. Pool and ground well cared for, Our fridge was in our room and running well even though we had a letter that they had taken them all out and we may not have one due to a recall.

CMs were all friendly and it was an amazing trip!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sirena S

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a week and I can't remember one complaint! We've stayed at many of the Disney resorts, including several deluxe resoets, but we truly enjoyed our stay here. The decor was pretty cool. Arcade was a full service arcade with prizes. The magic bands made everything easy, and because we were so close to the Art of Animation resort we often had options for the bus ride back after the parks. The food tasted pretty much like all Disney food. The pools and room were very basic but I expected that for the price.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lng4647
Reviewed 15 November 2013

For the first time I traveled alone with my son ( I usually travel with my parents) Disney's pop century made my experience not only easy but very very relaxing. From the minute I checked my luggage in with the Disney tags, I didn't have to worry about picking up the luggage at the hotel. They deliver it right there for you. To the Magical Express.

Even though people say the rooms are small, I don't agree, yes they were basic, but a bed for each of us, a table, a shower, a TV, a air conditioner...who needs more than that becasue when you want to relax the pools have tables and chairs too .

Next time I think I would do the Dining plan, it's probably where most of my spending money went towards was food, but the refillable mugs were awesome for my morning coffee.

The buses to the parks were great, never waited more than 10 minutes, but the scooter situation needs to be changed. Some people even suggested people in scooters have there own transportation buses. You may wait for a bus but a scooter pulls up and 10 seats are taken for the scooter to be parked on the bus.

All in all I had a wonderful stay, I'm definately going back !!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We just stayed at Pop Century last week. We typically stay at Port Orleans - French Quarter, but that was booked. We went with Pop Centry on a recommendation. It was a decent hotel. For the money, it wasn't bad. The room was clean, the resort was well maintained and you had decent access to pools and disney bus service. The rooms were a bit smaller than we were used to at Disney, but we were expecting that and only really used the room to sleep in and get ready. The room also seemed 'noisier' than the moderate priced hotels. We seemed to be able to hear a lot of noise oustide and in neighboring rooms compared to our stay at Port Orleans. I'm not sure if the rooms are less sound proofed or not, but it seemed that way. All in all we had a decent stay and are considering it as a possibility in the future if our budget doesn't allow for Port Orleans - French Quarter.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Joe R
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Husband and I stayed here for the long weekend and really just picked this hotel because of our budget. We still wanted to stay on site since you don't have to pay for parking and you get extra magic hours and the new magic bands. We've stayed at some of the other hotels on property, but this one by far was the worst. The cast members at check-in however are very friendly so at least the magic is still there.

First of all, parking is insane. We stayed in the 60s and if you try to park in your designated spot, you are in for quite a walk since there is no direct path to the building. You're much better off parking in the check-in parking lot and just walking through the classic hall to cut to the room. If you have your own car, use it. Don't rely too much on buses because they get packed!

The room was lackluster. They are some of the smallest rooms on property and I hate that the closet and the sink are within splashing distance. When I walked in, the carpet was wet because the refrigerator door wasn't closed properly.

The food in the food court is sub par and the people behind the counter need some customer service training. The girl working at the tex-mex section was so inattentive that she was talking with someone else while I was trying to tell her what I wanted. My advice, eat somewhere else. They have wonderful restaurants in other resorts.

I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

This was our fifth stay at Pop Century. We were not disappointed. Yes small rooms but you are not in the rooms very long. The rooms are always clean. Pools great! Used the laundry facilities this year which was nice. Dining hall was extremely crowded and long lines but the manager on staff really took care of us. Will be returning!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Travelswithsmiles
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed at POP for 6 nights. The room was clean, but very small. However, this is the case will all value resort rooms. This is not a huge issue since we are not typically in our room very much. I forgot how small the bathrooms are in these rooms. You can barely open the door without hitting the toilet. We had no refrigerator which was inconvenient. Our mousekeeping service did not provide anything special. We did request a room on the bottom floor close to transportation. Our request was honored. Unfortunately we were so far away from the dining area and the main pool area. I guess you can't have the best of both worlds. We have stayed at Moderate Resorts the last 4 years, but in an effort to stretch our dollar I chose POP since I had heard so many good things about it. Honestly, it is no better than the All Star Resorts.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!