“Best location of the All Star resorts. Excellent value for the price.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Disney's Pop Century Resort

Disney's Pop Century Resort
Ranked #140 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Manhattan Beach, California
“Best location of the All Star resorts. Excellent value for the price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I have stayed at the Pop Century 4 times. Each trip we stay for 7 days. What we do each year is stay here for the first 7 days because we are at the parks all day. Then on the 8th day we stay 3 or 4 at an up scale resort (like Animal Kingdome Lodge, Beach Club, Contemporary). On those days we enjoy the resort all day and then go to the park at night to see the fireworks.

The Pop Century is a very good 3 star resort worth the price. Better then the 4 star resort outside the Disney grounds. Your children will be very happy you stayed here.
The rooms are small but good enough for a family of 4. Very clean. Nice comfortable beds.
Wonderful service from the entire staff.
My favorite food court with excellent tasting food and large selection. Nice vegetarian selection (my daughters choice
Pop Century location is better then the other All Star resorts. Closer to the water parks. Bus does not make stops at other resorts.
Try to get a room close to the food court

Room Tip: Try to get a room close to the food court. Makes it easier to go get coffee in the morning. And a...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,960)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Soddy Daisy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the Resort to discover that our Magic Bands that were suppose to activate our doors at the hotel, and spending in the resort, and gate admission , and fast passes had been deactivated... This caused us to waste a total of about 3 hours .... Our rooms were very small.... The costumer service sucked.... To try and please us they gave us $250 and a taxi to to Magic Kingdom. The Taxi driver just about wrecked us.... And she didn't even drop us off in front of the park... We had to then take a monorail & a ferry boat to get to our destination ..... They asked me what they could do at the Pop Century Resort to make us happy .... I said "if u could build a time machine so I could go back to July when I was booking this resort so I could smack myself in the back of the head and tell myself NO!!! That would probably fix it !!! We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter last year in October and IT WAS WONDERFUL. no long lines at busses...rooms were bigger...costumer service was excellent AAA+++. WE WILL NEVER COME BACK TO POP CENTURY RESORT IN DISNEY WORLD EVER !!!

Stayed November 2013
4 Thank Michael S
Sourthern New England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I read it was like 1500 rooms here, very big. Room was nice two beds, bath. We were on the ground floor. The theme of the hotel was the culture of the 50's to 90's. We stayed for three nights here. Since we were visiting Disney we did not spend much time in the room. But I would say the service from the front desk to anyone we meet was very nice. Its not the Grand Floridian but it was a good value for the price. We paid like 97 dollars a night.
I might return here or try another Disney property.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jbackus8746
Sioux City, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Hubby and I stayed for 6 night over Oct 28 to Nov 2, Was a combination of Honeymoon and our first trip any where together. I had been on property 4 previous trips and it was hubbys first trip.

Great location for being a standard room. Close to buses and resturant, Was made to feel at home from the minute we hit magical express. Rooms were very clean and well kept our entire stay. Had wonderful mousekeeping service. If I called for extra towels were in our room in 2 hours or less. Pool and ground well cared for, Our fridge was in our room and running well even though we had a letter that they had taken them all out and we may not have one due to a recall.

CMs were all friendly and it was an amazing trip!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sirena S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a week and I can't remember one complaint! We've stayed at many of the Disney resorts, including several deluxe resoets, but we truly enjoyed our stay here. The decor was pretty cool. Arcade was a full service arcade with prizes. The magic bands made everything easy, and because we were so close to the Art of Animation resort we often had options for the bus ride back after the parks. The food tasted pretty much like all Disney food. The pools and room were very basic but I expected that for the price.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lng4647
West Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

For the first time I traveled alone with my son ( I usually travel with my parents) Disney's pop century made my experience not only easy but very very relaxing. From the minute I checked my luggage in with the Disney tags, I didn't have to worry about picking up the luggage at the hotel. They deliver it right there for you. To the Magical Express.

Even though people say the rooms are small, I don't agree, yes they were basic, but a bed for each of us, a table, a shower, a TV, a air conditioner...who needs more than that becasue when you want to relax the pools have tables and chairs too .

Next time I think I would do the Dining plan, it's probably where most of my spending money went towards was food, but the refillable mugs were awesome for my morning coffee.

The buses to the parks were great, never waited more than 10 minutes, but the scooter situation needs to be changed. Some people even suggested people in scooters have there own transportation buses. You may wait for a bus but a scooter pulls up and 10 seats are taken for the scooter to be parked on the bus.

All in all I had a wonderful stay, I'm definately going back !!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Westfield, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

We just stayed at Pop Century last week. We typically stay at Port Orleans - French Quarter, but that was booked. We went with Pop Centry on a recommendation. It was a decent hotel. For the money, it wasn't bad. The room was clean, the resort was well maintained and you had decent access to pools and disney bus service. The rooms were a bit smaller than we were used to at Disney, but we were expecting that and only really used the room to sleep in and get ready. The room also seemed 'noisier' than the moderate priced hotels. We seemed to be able to hear a lot of noise oustide and in neighboring rooms compared to our stay at Port Orleans. I'm not sure if the rooms are less sound proofed or not, but it seemed that way. All in all we had a decent stay and are considering it as a possibility in the future if our budget doesn't allow for Port Orleans - French Quarter.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Joe R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!