I booked a one night stay as we decided to come in early before our condo opened up. We checked into the hotel late at night which went smoothly, though they did make me park the car a short walk rather than letting me park it in front (with my girlfriend still in it). The woman at the front desk was very nice and sorted everything out quickly. After driving to the lot and finding the room (which took a minute. The woman at the front desk told me to look for the laptop, but neglected to tell me that you could not see this from the road or parking lots). After proceeding through to the elevators to the fourth floor I was hit by a horrid smell most likely coming from the pool. Thankfully that dissipated as we moved toward our room.
We arrived at the room to find two double beds rather than the one queen I had requested at check in. I call the operator only to be connected to someone who spoke very poor English who vaguely told me that they would look into finding a queen room but did not having a time frame as to when they would get back to me. At this point being almost midnight, I gave up and figured I would just deal with it as it was only one night.
As for the room, it was small, but that was to be expected, I really didn't expect to see anything fancy. You definitely get a way better value for the room staying off site. Bed and pillows were fine. No signs of bugs or any damage. BUT, the night definitely got worse from there. After turning off all the lights the night light attached to the blow dryer (which is hard wired into the wall as far as I could tell) turned into a strobe light which was rather annoying. I threw a towel over it to cover the light and tried to go back to bed. Except that wasn't happening. From about 1230am to about 3am kids were screaming, people were laughing loudly and just generally being rude. I finally did get to sleep but 3am was the last time I had looked at the clock. After a long day of travelling and dealing with airports this was not the nights rest I was looking forward to.
Being a Disney value resort I did not expect any fancy amenities or a large room, but I at least excepted a decent nights sleep. I am extremely disappointed in Disney and because of this stay will NEVER spend more money to ever stay at one of their nicer properties. Staying off site is a better value, and you get a better nights sleep. I really don't see myself ever coming back to stay on a Disney property. But that said, being an annual pass holder and taking about 3 week long trips every year to Disney, the Parks are still amazing and the best in the world, this does not change my opinion on them. I just wish they could do better in the hotel industry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the unforgettable fads of the 1950s through the 1990s all over again. From yo-yos and Play-Doh(R) to Rubik's Cube(R) and rollerblades, this Resort hotel salutes the timeless fashions, catch phrases, toys and dances that captivated the world through the decades. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Pop Century Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Pop Century Resort
- Disney Pop Century Hotel
- Pop Century Disney
- Disneys Pop Century Resort
- Disneys Pop Century Hotel
- Century Pop
- Disney's Pop Century Resort Orlando, Florida