“"Far Out" "Tubular" Stay!”

Disney's Pop Century Resort
Ranked #138 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Staten Island, New York
“"Far Out" "Tubular" Stay!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I last stayed in Pop Century, specifically the 50's building, in January 2014 and to be completely honest, this is my favorite "value" resort that Disney World has to offer! First of all, it gets its own buses! No sharing with the other values and I believe that Art of Animation offers the same bus deal. I don't want to say its cheap because a Disney World vacation is never really all that "cheap", but it is a total money saver. I usually prefer to stay in a moderate resort, but this was just as nice! I never really spend much time in the resort anyways, I rather get in all the park time I could possibly get. The room was super clean as well as the resort overall. I did not get to use the pool(s), it was sort of chilly when I went, but I plan to use them when I return back here in August! I usually travel with friends, no kids (this place is GREAT for kids though) and there is a bar located by the Hippy Dippy Pool for a little late night fun. The gift shop offers most things you could find in the parks and the food court is fairly big with quite a few options. The only complaint I have about Pop Century is that the food isn't really that fantastic... I felt the breakfast food was the worst, but they do offer other breakfast options like fruits, yogurts and granola bars, etc. If you and your family or whoever you travel with is running on a budget, this is the place for you! Totally recommend it! Remember, Disney property, Disney perks. Always a plus :D

Room Tip: Rooms in the 60's building (preferred room) are closest to the main hall, buses and Hippy Dippy...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kristin D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,035)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We were trying to save money by selecting a value resort. I really feel that the saying "you get what you pay for" came into play. The grounds were very nice and well kept. The pools were great and heated. The hotel itself is very large. I got a preferred room to be close to the dining room and pool and I still had quite a walk to my room from these places. The rooms are very small and have awkward layouts. The door in the room could barely be opened without hitting the bed. There were also no comforters on the bed or coffee machine in the room. I'm not a picky hotel person, however this was more like a motel to me.

3 Thank Jessica761
new york
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We just got back from our trip to Disneyworld with my husband and 2 boys, ages 10 and 7. We loved Pop Century - had no problems at all. It could get noisy at times with the groups that were there - chorus groups and dance groups were there while we were there, but as long as your room is far away from any pool area, it was relatively quiet. We stayed in the 90's building with our room facing away from the pool - we overlooked just quiet trees and parking lot and it was very sheltered and quiet back there. We were also on the 3rd floor, which helps cut down on noise. We were close to the bus stop too - just had to cut through the parking lot and just a couple of minutes walk, you're there. Bus transportation was great - from Pop, the most we waited for a bus was probably less than 10 minutes. Most of the time, the bus we needed was just pulling up when we got to the bus stop. Staff there was great - everyone was friendly and helpful with whatever we needed. We didn't spend alot of time at Pop Century, just to take breaks in the afternoons and to sleep at night, but we loved it! Great value too for a Disney property and to get all the perks that go along with that. Definitely would recommend it!

Room Tip: We stayed in the 90's building closest to the bus stop. If you want a quiet room, this is a gre...
2 Thank erin31
Jeffersonville, Indiana
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The last time I was at Pop Century I was about 6. Now im 12. So this review may be a little late. My family and I go to Disney world EVERY year for the races and marathons. My dad is basically obsessed with running. We've been to so many of the magnificent resorts at Disney. I always enjoy my stays there.

Now to get back to Pop Century.. For the most part it is a nice place. I think it would be best for the kids because almost everywhere you turn there are HUGE statues of different Disney characters. When we first got there I was astonished by all of the colors. Another great part about this place is the pools. They are a good size. Near the pool is a big building with a gift shop and a dining area. Most of the time it was a little crowed.

Near the from of the building there is a station for bus pick ups. My mom, brother, and I all had to wait less then 15 minutes to board. We were on our way to cheer on my dad for his marathon. This resort isn't too far from any of the parks so it was pretty convenient. Overall this place has amazing, colorful surroundings. I would certainly recommend this for all families that want to enjoy a fun and nice trip. :)

Room Tip: Any room would be perfect. This place rocks all around. :)
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 775haileyk
Essex Junction, VT
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here for 6 days and overall it was great! The rooms were clean, bathroom nice, and the people at the resort extremely helpful and professional. When the dining area was busy it was busy, but could still get in and out pretty quickly. The pools were a big hit for the kids and they had fun activites for the kids at the pool. The bar at the pool was great as well. The transportation was wonderful. did not have to wait too long considering the crowds. I would recommend who has children. A good value for sure!

Room Tip: Try to get one near the pools and main lobby
1 Thank Rob R
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I am just wondering who stayed here that was so snobby that half the reviews I read about this place almost scared me away. I am glad I didn't listen. This hotel was awesome. My only complaint is the walls were thin and there was no ceiling fan in the room to help drown out the noise. But I am a light sleeper and my daughter and niece had no problems sleeping.

I read the beds were uncomfortable, the food sucked and the premises were dirty. What I have to say to that is... Ummmmmm what? Where the hell were these people staying?

The food was expensive but you don't go there thinking any less. On a scale from 1-10 on how clean the grounds were I'd give it a 10 and the beds as well.

Maybe it depends on where you are from in order to enjoy this but I would say the price is WELL worth it and the complimentary shuttles were the absolute selling point.

The hotel had a ton of cool stuff to look at and clean pools. It was 80 and sunny. Who could complain? I requested a specific building and floor before arriving and the hotel accommodated that request.

I would DEFINITELY stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay in the 50's building, 4th floor facing the pool. It's easier this way when you have a k...
5 Thank Wellmeier_0623
South Wales
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is the third time we have stayed at Pop Century, its not luxury but everything you need is here and at a fair standard. We have stayed at many on site hotels values, mods and deluxe but we always come back to pop as we love the theming. Having two young boys aged 6 and 9 they love the bright surroundings and so do we. The food court is one of the best, plenty of choices even for the fussiest of eaters. Buses are regular, never had to wait more than 15 mins for a bus.
The staff are great, always friendly and greet you warmly. My only gripe is the cleanliness of the rooms, each time we have come here there have been sweets on the floor or items belonging to previous guests left behind, this needs improving on!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Cinderella2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!