Stayed 5 days. It was my first time staying at Pop Century and I am overall pleased. The service desk was very helpful with any question I had. The rooms are a little small but the only time we spent in there was to sleep anyway. I came with my mom and 2 of my grown daughters and we got 2 rooms and am grateful we did. We got the rooms with a connecting door which was awesome. The walls are thin so you don't want a room by the swimming pools if you want quiet. We stayed in the 50s section up on the 4th floor which is what we wanted. I had called 10 days in advance to request it. They couldn't promise the rooms but would put the request in.
The drinking mugs Pop Century sells in the food court are priced according to the length of your stay. So anything over 5 days it was $17.99 and you can refill as often as you like in the food court. So since I'm frugal I purchased one mug and we just refilled it a lot between myself and 2 others. I believe I got my money's worth. Yeah it was a pain to keep getting up but we took turns with that.
It is very loud in the food court but I didn't expect anything less. It's packed with families, flat screens of Disney channel playing and all decades of music in the background. It's a "happening" place. There were lots of food choices and if you didn't like anything they had, you can walk over to the Art of Animation resort and check out their food court. I thought the food was good. One of my daughters hated the pancakes while the other loved them so it's just according to your taste buds.
The buses going to the parks came often and i don't think we waited longer than 10 minutes for any of them.
If you have a family of 4 and 2 of them are small children under 10, then you could get by with one room. With 4 adults, you're going to be bumping into each other if you share one room. Get 2 rooms with the connecting door if you want elbow room.
We did the Magic Your Way which was pretty cool. Our luggage came to our room a couple of hours after we arrived. What a cool service to have! It was our first time using it.
Overall a great value for families!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the unforgettable fads of the 1950s through the 1990s all over again. From yo-yos and Play-Doh(R) to Rubik's Cube(R) and rollerblades, this Resort hotel salutes the timeless fashions, catch phrases, toys and dances that captivated the world through the decades. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Pop Century Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Pop Century Resort
- Disney Pop Century Hotel
- Pop Century Disney
- Disneys Pop Century Resort
- Disneys Pop Century Hotel
- Century Pop
- Disney's Pop Century Resort Orlando, Florida