I've been going to Disney World since I was a kid ( early 70's) and have stayed at almost all of their resorts. Pop Century was the new value resort until The Art of Animation Resort opened. We included in our trip in October 2013. The resort is huge and depending on where you are located you may have some walking to do to get back too the main pool and lobby. It’s not too bad because there are several scenic paths loaded to make the walk pleasant enough. If you’ve got kids they’ll love this place, but it really is a lot of fun for adults who can get a good sense of nostalgia from all of the vintage toys and advertisements on display. The main pool is large( like all of the value resorts) and with this resort being one of the newer ones it has much less wear and tear than the All Star resorts. The rooms are clean, whimsical and decent sized, make sure to give the maid a nice tip with a note stating you have children. When you return to your room each day the maid will leave several animals made out of towels some are quite elaborate. They’re cute and the kids will get a kick out of them.
Like I stated above, I’ve stayed just about everywhere in WDW and I have no problems with the “economy” resorts other than that they can get loud and over crowded. If you’re spending a lot of time in the theme parks it makes good sense to stay at the less expensive resorts. Kids will adore this place as well as parents, but couples may want to stay elsewhere as the pool area is a bit noisy and chaotic. There are some “quiet pools” too, but they weren’t very quiet. The food choices are a bit limited at the resort for my taste too.
It’s easy to move from resort to resort while staying with Disney, but having children can certainly make this a little more exhausting. A good rule pot thumb is to book a value resort for park heavy days and then move up to moderate and deluxe for a more relaxing and scenic stay after the parks are pout of the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the unforgettable fads of the 1950s through the 1990s all over again. From yo-yos and Play-Doh(R) to Rubik's Cube(R) and rollerblades, this Resort hotel salutes the timeless fashions, catch phrases, toys and dances that captivated the world through the decades. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Disney's Pop Century Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Pop Century Resort
- Disney Pop Century Hotel
- Pop Century Disney
- Disneys Pop Century Resort
- Disneys Pop Century Hotel
- Century Pop
- Disney's Pop Century Resort Orlando, Florida