“Gotta love Pop Century”

Disney's Pop Century Resort
Ranked #124 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was a great experience! What else could you ask for in a Disney value resort hotel? The rooms were comfortable and an easy walk to the main building and pool. The cafeteria was good for a counter service restaurant. The Disney staff was incredible and helpful throughout my stay. The decades music was awesome with great memorabilia in the main lobby. Thanks for making this a magical stay!

Room Tip: Make sure and request what decades building you want to stay in through your MyDisney account.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cford624
Write a ReviewReviews (10,893)

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I'm only just getting around to writing this now although we stayed in May 2011!!!

We booked this hotel through an external website though we were still able to book disneys magical express to collect and drop us to the airport.

The hotel has several pools, an arcade, a shop (that I had disney purchased delivered free of charge to) a laundry room, a large food hall and a large front desk which meant not much waiting time.

We had a fridge brought to our room free of charge due to medicines. Large room with two queen beds. Lots and lots of choice in the food area for breakfast, lunch and dinner. All of the different disney resort buses stopped outside of the hotel every 5-10 mins free of charge.

Very clean, very close to everything and great food. As said in the title, we are hoping to stay here again for our next disney visit :)

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Mbutler96
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was the first time we had stayed at Pop. We usually stay at Riverside or Fort Wilderness. We were not disappointed though. It was just my husband and me. I had forgotten to online check in before we left home but remembered about two hours before we arrived so I did it on my phone and check in was a breeze. The room is a little small but sufficient for just the two of us. As usual, clean. Housekeeping was great. We had an issue with our fridge and it took a couple of calls to get maintenance up to fix it. Magic bands worked great.

We were disappointed with the food court. We usually needed something mid afternoon and the food court did not have all the options on their menu available.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IMSwimnoid
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is a very low end hotel but very clean. All we needed. The pool is great. The food court is overpriced and the food is not that tasty. Also, the management of people in line and the attitude of the chefs preparing the food was lacking. I mean if I'm paying that much I guess I expected more. They were not in a hurry, they were not gracious. I only have 2 of the options that we chose while we were there but it was frustrating. The flatbread pizzas were very yummy!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I took my son for his first Disney trip & I didn't want to splurge on a fancy hotel. Yet, I didn't want to stay in a run down hotel either. We were very impressed with Pop Century. This time, we are going to stay in a different hotel only because Disney has so many to choose from and we have a little more money to spend this time around. But you'll love it. It's a fairly new hotel so it's pretty clean. Staff were very friendly. The food at the food court area was great! We ate there for breakfast pretty much every day we were there. The pop culture items throughout the hotel were pretty neat. Have fun!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bianca S
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was probably the lowest end hotel I have ever stayed in. But clean and basic, all you need at a disney stay cause your not in the room! The food court need some improvement, very poor quality ...take out food that was way overpriced!!! I don't know how families can afford a better hotel and feed their kids, not counting the disney tickets to get into the parks!!!
Overall my family of 7 did have a good time, we went to the Grand Floridian for the best burger ever!!! Went there twice! Better dining at that hotel.
Overall, to get the extra hours, this is the cheapest way to go. The lines are still crazy even with the fast passes so plan on waiting 1-2 hours each ride!!

Room Tip: The 70' s had all the school kids attending competition and was noisy all night, running thru th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Denise L
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We just got back from Walt Disney and the rooms were clean and our room was close to the entrance and restaurant and the buses to take us to the parks. This is the 3rd time we come to this hotel and I would recommend it to all my friends

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank PinaB1967
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
2 mi away
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!