“Not ideal for couples”

Disney's Pop Century Resort
Ranked #137 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My Fiance and I stayed June 2014. The staff was very rude in our experience. The food was okay. The pool was great. We had requested a room with a queen bed in the 60's section and were given a room with two double beds which wasn't going to work for us. They changed us to a room with a queen bed but no where near where we requested to stay, which was disappointing. The transportation system was great in my opinion. We never waited over 5 minutes for a bus. The shop at the resort had everything I needed for when I got sick at the end of the trip with the flu. I would recommend this resort for families but not for a couple looking for a getaway. We stayed because of the price but, next time we will pay more to get the nicer resort.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 70's near the playground are very quiet with little foot traffic. Higher floors are...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank xbeeteex3
There are newer reviews for Disney's Pop Century Resort

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed for one night while for Magic Kingdom. Room is very small and quality-wise is the equivalent to a very old Days Inn. Room had 2 DBL beds, a small fridge, small round table w/2 chairs, and a very tiny bathroom. It's a good thing none of us are obese, or we wouldn't have been able to close the bathroom door. Stayed in the 90's bldg., and the pool was right outside our door. My daughter swam. Pool wasn't overly crowded and she had a great time. No noise complaints after dark or issues with lighting.
Cons: Reserving rooms was difficult. I booked directly through Disney. Staff I spoke with wouldn't allow me to reserve 2 rooms under the same reservation, and wouldn't let me reserve rooms next to each other- even though the other room was for a 17&19 year olds on vacation with us. She stated this is Disney's policy. She also forgot to add our Magic Kingdom tix to both reservations, and told me she couldn't change it. After I told her to cancel both rooms and I'd just go through Expedia she stated she could cancel the 2 rooms and restart the process. She wasn't helpful and didn't tell me anything about magic bands or fast pass. This process took about 20 minutes- much longer than anticipated.
Room not really worth the price, but it's Disney
Food court expensive and not worth the prices, but it's Disney
Pros: Very convenient if you're going to the parks. You can leave when it gets too hot and crowded--and it will!!--and you can swim, eat, relax.
Buses were always on time. Drivers were friendly and were cracking jokes while driving.
Check in was fast. We checked in at 9am and when I asked for 2 rooms next to each other the woman working honored this request. She explained the magic bands and fast passes to us. My only complaint with check in was that they sent coupons up to our room at 7pm that we could've used if they had given them to us when we checked in. Didn't make any sense as they knew we were only staying 1 day, so why wait until 7pm to give us coupons for food, gift shops, the arcade etc...?
This room is fine for ONE night. Anything more, I would suggest upgrading. Just remember that it's Disney. Your kids will love it no matter what the room looks like. You're not in it long anyhow.

2  Thank looproad
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Our family of four stayed here on a recent trip to WDW - we stayed 2 nights at a Moderate, but spent the next three here in order to save money - if I had the extra cash, I'd have stayed at the Moderate! My husband seemed fine with the room - but I thought it was pretty small and spartan - hardly any decor on the walls (one half-filled frame of 60s memorabilia) - we were in one of the 60s buildings - and had to pay extra for it since it was a "preferred" location - near the main building and transportation. The resort is too big - each decade (50s-90s) has its own set of 4 or more buildings - so you can end up really far away from things, unless you pay that extra fee for a "preferred" room. The lights outside the rooms stay on all night and attract bugs that fly into the room before you can get the door shut - so you will get mosquito bites! The pools seem overcrowded most of the day, and my husband complained the water was "disgustingly warm" - too many bodies?! The food court is a mob scene at pretty much any time of day - I found it funny that they had one toaster (a 4-slicer) for the entire food court - good luck toasting that bagel!! The "movie night" by the pool was a small, oldish projector screen (and very loud for anyone trying to get young children to sleep).
The bathroom was not kept clean in our room - one day I noticed our toilet bowl was dirty and the towels felt damp and smelled like they were used! We also had a horrible noise the first night that would not stop - eventually, my husband figured out it had been the refrigerator!
Overall, this Value Resort is too big, too loud, too crowded for me. Yes, the price is the best you can expect - it is comparable to the rate of a better room elsewhere, outside Disney property - but the selling point is the direct access to Disney Parks. If you are on a tight budget or you really don't care too much what the resort offers (ie., you plan to spend most of your time at the parks), than this might be a place to consider. But if you are not too worried about cost (because the difference is about $100 between Value and Moderate) - or plan to enjoy the resort amenities - I suggest looking at the Moderates instead.

Room Tip: If you ask for any special consideration, you will be charged!
1  Thank haziemer
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed here early June and we had 3 adults and 1 child in the room. Check in was a breeze and the room was ready when we arrived at 3pm. The room was clean but lacks the disney touches that other resorts have. You get what you pay for and the room is your basic hotel room with small double beds. The pool was a lot of fun and they had games and activities for the little ones. Food court is also your basic options like most disney food courts. Overall we had a really nice stay but if money is not a factor upgrade to a moderate because you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Paying for a preferred room will get you close to the pool and food court.
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Family of 4 with kids aged 13 and 10. Second stay at Pop and again we were very pleased. If luxury and lots of amenities are important to you as part of your Disney experience, spend the extra for a higher grade resort. But if you're spending all day at the Parks, Pop is more than just a place to sleep and shower.

Staying in 60s building, you're close to Classic Hall (food court, busses to Parks). Worth it just for the great busses. We were there in late June and never had to wait more than 5 minutes in the morning for a bus to the parks. Pop has its own busses, which helps with frequency and keeps crowding down. After fireworks at MK and Epcot, we had a longer wait to get back to Pop but they sent multiple busses and it never felt like an unreasonable wait.

Food court is a great option for quick breakfast, but we were always there by 7:45am. It gets very busy around 9am, so expect longer lines to order and check out. Breakfast, lunch and dinner options are plentiful, and it seems like there are more healthy options than in prior years. Carry out pizza is also an option.

The cheerful and upbeat staff led fun activities by the lovely and well guarded Hippy Dippy pool every afternoon and showed movies by the pool every night. We stayed pool side but all was quiet by 11pm every night when the pool closed. If it rains, the activities move inside and the arcade is fun in a pinch. Room was very clean and ready when we arrived. Housekeeping left fun towel animals after our first day.

Only small glitch - we checked in online prior to arrival and were supposed to have automatic access to our room via our Magic Bands. We never got a text message with our room number, so still had to check in at the desk when we arrived. But they got us to our room immediately and also made sure our Memory Maker (photo pass) was linked to our Magic Bands.

For a beach resort vacation, I'd spend the extra money to stay at an upscale hotel. But for spending 10 - 12 hours a day at the theme parks? We will absolutely stay at Pop again.

Room Tip: Rooms in 60s building are closest to the food court and busses.
3  Thank sunnyinia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My daughter and I stay at Disney's Pop Century Resort from June 11th through the 18th. The room was extremely clean and the location was great. The staff was very friendly, everyone would say hi as you walked by. The pools were great and we spent most of our pool time at the main pool. They had activities for the children every afternoon which extended into early evening. The Petal's Pool Bar is also there and I have to recommend the "Hula Hoop" drink, it was amazing. The only drawback that we found was the good that they offered in their cafeteria style resturant, although the Mickey Mouse Cupcakes were pretty awesome. The resort is also very to navigate, we loved it and I will definitely plan on staying there again even though it is one of Disney's Value Hotels.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Giggles2much73
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My family and I travelled to Disney for a Dance the World event. My daughter was to leave the resort at 2:00 for the practice and are room was still unavailable. She had no where to change and we had to unpack our car in the parking lot to get her clothes for rehearsal. For a resort hosting a Disney event it was very unorganized and the customer service representative and manager could do nothing about it. The rooms are ridiculously small and nothing special about them. Spend the extra money and stay at a better Disney Resort - don't waste your money on a poor excuse for a resort with poor customer service.

• Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank Freqtrip
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!