Disney's Pop Century Resort
US$276
US$258
Travelocity
  • Pool
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$185
11,034 results
All reviewsfood courtart of animationhippy dippy poolthe buspreferred roomthe bowling pin poolclassic hallpop culturedisney worldrooms are smallmain buildinggift shopmagical expressdining planmagic kingdomcast membersonline check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The third time I have chosen this hotel and it did not let us down.
Great food court offerings especially if you choose the dining plan. Multiple pools and lots of activitys at the main pool to keep kids interested after a greuling day of fun at the parks. Poolside movies etc.
Clean room and bright sunshiny Disney happiness everywhere.
Dont forget to schedule your wake up call and have the kids answer the phon. This time around the call was from Olaf the snowman from Frozen. Quite a treat indeed

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 8 August 2014

First, this is for a January stay a couple years back. It was an add-on to our marathon weekend where I needed to stay a few extra days for business.

The property is large and the buildings look like they came of the same design board as a Motel 6. If you are honest with yourself as you make the reservation, you should not find any issue with the size of room, amenities or vastness of the property. It is what is is - an economy resort. I was assigned a handicap room with king bed. Once I discovered this, I called the front desk to make sure they meant to place me there. They were still near capacity from the marathon and that was all they had. I enjoyed the walk-in shower and thought the room was nice for the price paid. The room was clean but was showing some signs of age. If I had a complaint about the room it would be the noise from above - foot steps and rowdiness can be afactor in the lower level rooms.

We have always enjoyed the food court. It can be crowded and hard to maneuver int he court, but it is an improvement over the first attempts at large food courts at the AllStars. There are a few 'healthy' choices - you just need to look for them. I found the cast members in the food court to be accommodating when asked for assistance - otherwise, they were focused on their task at hand.

The decor of the grounds is fun. It brings back great memories of the decades that I have survived. I found the walk to the central area nice and relaxing - but I was also early in the food court as I was on my way to the office.

I think the resort is laid out nicely and accommodates its crowds well. Though, I can see there the place could be more or less a zoo when large teen-based events are on property. We do stop in at the food court every so often now that we are locals. It is still a nice place for a cheap and nice meal.

I guess I can sum up my review for the week as "Charmin" The most immediately noticed and personal difference between a week in a DVC Villa and the Pop is the Charmin at the DVC.

I would stay again if I needed a budget conscious location to launch my Disney area trip from.

Room Tip: Seek a room on an upper floor and opposite the pools for a nice quiet sleep. If you are OK walking, try to grab a room on either end of the complex (away from the center) for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank CEWAIT
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My family of 4 (2 adults 2 kids? ages 18,21) stayed here earlier this week. I did'nt not want to stay here as we usaully stay at Yacht and Beach club but due to late booking could not get in and got a GREAT price on Pop. Well.... I gotta say Pop was awesome! The beds and pillows were great, the room was CLEAN! and all who worked there were professional. I wish I could complain about something but I just can't. Don't be put off by the "value" of this resort it really is a perfect place to stay while at Disney!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank maria b
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

This is a classic disney hotel, is really affordable and "inside disney". I've always wanted to stay there but when I finally did it was a dissapointment. The rooms were sooo small and old looking. The halls were run down and even creepy looking because of how old and run down they seem. The lobby area is really nice and the disney store but the rooms need some improvement. Cant say much about the pool area since I went during a chilly almost cold weather.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Emely O
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Our stay was pretty good. The only complaint I have is about the food court. It's chaotic and terrible food not to mention very expensive. Our rooms were clean, the grounds were well kept and transportation systems were working well. Don't expect too much, you only paid 70-90 bucks a night. For the price, this place was right on.

• Stayed: August 2014