“"Great place"”

Ranked #137 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Terre Haute, Indiana
“"Great place"”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have stayed at the pop century for the last three trips to disney. Why pay so much for the higher bed resorts on disney property when you get to go in early and stay later. We only average about 5-6 hours in our room if that and that is sleep time.

Room Tip: Get a preferred room for sure.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ron0014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,036)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Georgia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here last October and this was probably the 4th visit over the past few years to this particular hotel. We were treated very well by the front desk staff and they even moved us to a room that wasn't so far from the buses so we really appreciated that. Of course the first time we visited Pop Century - when it first opened - it was so nice and clean. And really, I can put up with just about anything but it's GOT TO BE CLEAN!!! So, by the third and this past 4th visit I can say that the bed was changed on a regular basis but that deep clean, like the carpets and corners of the bathroom, left something to be desired. We tipped the "Mousekeeping" services every day and there were always plenty of towels and the beds were made but that extra attention that every hotel room needs at least between guest check ins was not done. You could look under the bed and see a lot of dust and what-not and also under any of the furniture. The baths needing a good bleaching and the carpet needed steam cleaning. We wore our clean flip flops at all times. The food court was okay, we understand crowded and a bit of chaos but the tables and floors also needed a good cleaning. Everyone working there for the most part was friendly and helpful. Some people working in the food court were not friendly but we just found someone else to ask and they were able to answer our questions. We were on the free quick service plan and really liked that. The parks were not crowded and we had a nice time. We will probably try to find another WDW hotel that is cleaner/newer next time. Staying on WDW property is a very big plus!

Room Tip: Always as for a room as close to the buses as possible. It will also be near the food court and the...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LadyinGeorgia
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Very upset! When booking this room online I booked a king bed to only find out we got 2 doubles...why would a couple want 2 double beds, they say they have no king available so I don't know why that was an option when booking or else we would of never booked. Now we're stuck and even worse we bought park tickets that probably can't be refunded!!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bvolans
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We visit Disney World twice every year and 9 out of 10 times we stay at this resort. We love the atmosphere and the perks you get for being a Disney guest. This time we visited for the week of the the 4th of July, combined with the fact that the Soccer World Cup was in full swing.
The hotel was clearly full, and this time they had tour groups that were really annoying. We are very patient with kids, after all Disney is for kids, but when they are totally out of control and without supervision that is a whole different story. One of the groups had kids playing soccer by the main pool at night, I got hit by ball kicks more than once and Disney employees did not seem to care a little about them. They were loud and did not even apologize for hitting us. They simply came to get their ball and that was it. They were clearly unsupervised.
Another of these groups ( just girls, seemed like a Sweet 16 or something of the sort) would trash the food court in the morning and the tour leaders seemed to totally ignore it. Add to that the loud chanting at 8 AM combined with food wars, and on the second day we simply decided to bring the food back to our room .
Housekeeping did a great job as usual, sometimes I left notes requesting little extras ( like towels or shampoo ) , and they were always attentive to those.
Bus service was fast and efficient, my only complaint throughout the many stays at Pop is the fact that bus stops are not shaded, and during the summer you sizzle while waiting in line.
Castmembers at concierge and check in desk always super nice and courteous. Love the new check in system where you get your room number by e-mail the day you check in and can go straight to your room if you have your bands , but we still had to stop there to get a parking permit. My suggestion would be that they mailed a parking permit or e-mailed a print yourself version of it, so that you could completely skip the check in desk.
Food is , let´s say , Disney food. Not the best, not the worst you´ll ever have. I just don´t like, have never liked actually, their pizza. On the other hand, love the potato casserole they have for breakfast.
In overall it was not our best visit, but we will definitely go back!

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room on the 50´s area - building 3 , very close to the main pool and the lobby...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Theresa K
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We've stayed at many different resorts at WDW and have had amazing experiences, but I am sad to say that POP was merely average. The resort is fun, but the theming in the rooms is lacking. Our mousekeeper was great and even gave me a signed picture from Mickey for my birthday. The pools are nice and there are a few nice, Disney touches throughout the resort, but nothing like the other resorts in its category. The food court is not good at all: skip it and go across the parking lot to the Art of Animation food court!

Room Tip: 50s, Building 2
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank David S
Ridley Park, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The third time I have chosen this hotel and it did not let us down.
Great food court offerings especially if you choose the dining plan. Multiple pools and lots of activitys at the main pool to keep kids interested after a greuling day of fun at the parks. Poolside movies etc.
Clean room and bright sunshiny Disney happiness everywhere.
Dont forget to schedule your wake up call and have the kids answer the phon. This time around the call was from Olaf the snowman from Frozen. Quite a treat indeed

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mark M
Richmond, Texas
Reviewed 8 August 2014

First, this is for a January stay a couple years back. It was an add-on to our marathon weekend where I needed to stay a few extra days for business.

The property is large and the buildings look like they came of the same design board as a Motel 6. If you are honest with yourself as you make the reservation, you should not find any issue with the size of room, amenities or vastness of the property. It is what is is - an economy resort. I was assigned a handicap room with king bed. Once I discovered this, I called the front desk to make sure they meant to place me there. They were still near capacity from the marathon and that was all they had. I enjoyed the walk-in shower and thought the room was nice for the price paid. The room was clean but was showing some signs of age. If I had a complaint about the room it would be the noise from above - foot steps and rowdiness can be afactor in the lower level rooms.

We have always enjoyed the food court. It can be crowded and hard to maneuver int he court, but it is an improvement over the first attempts at large food courts at the AllStars. There are a few 'healthy' choices - you just need to look for them. I found the cast members in the food court to be accommodating when asked for assistance - otherwise, they were focused on their task at hand.

The decor of the grounds is fun. It brings back great memories of the decades that I have survived. I found the walk to the central area nice and relaxing - but I was also early in the food court as I was on my way to the office.

I think the resort is laid out nicely and accommodates its crowds well. Though, I can see there the place could be more or less a zoo when large teen-based events are on property. We do stop in at the food court every so often now that we are locals. It is still a nice place for a cheap and nice meal.

I guess I can sum up my review for the week as "Charmin" The most immediately noticed and personal difference between a week in a DVC Villa and the Pop is the Charmin at the DVC.

I would stay again if I needed a budget conscious location to launch my Disney area trip from.

Room Tip: Seek a room on an upper floor and opposite the pools for a nice quiet sleep. If you are OK walking...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank CEWAIT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!