“super” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #140 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“super”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

nice hotel, excellent service, always silent despite having much gente.para go with family is great value for price-quality .The meal plan is subject to the conditions generales.recomendable Disney.Cercano to go to the points buying interest as the premium outlets

Room Tip: All of them are nice
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PaulaPotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,951)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I found absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel other than I personally think the pools where a little too heated but that's nothing.. The resort was GORGEOUS! My brother and I where n the 50's building pool view and honestly, it wasn't all that noise at all except your standard amount of people traffic. I have NEVER such a PLESANT experience in a hotel in my life an I have been to many. Granted, I've never been to a Disney hotel but I have been to a bunch. Our mouse keeper Carmen was fantastic! We loved her. Now, I should note that I DO suggest that you request a building close to the main building unless you don't mind walking (it IS a Walk) but I didn't find it terrible. The cast members are amazing and very helpful . The busses where QUICK! The rooms where small but not overly so and since I didn't go to spend my days in the hotel I found it no different than your regular standard hotel anywhere. I had a great experience here

Room Tip: Choose a building close to the main building unless you don't mind a walk
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
7 Thank Sarah M
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have stayed at the Pop Century Resort two times, January 2013, and January 2014 and will be staying there again in January 2015.

The first time we stayed at the 70's area, but the second time we stayed at the 50's area and liked that even better. We had a standard pool view room top floor and requested the same room for our upcoming stay.

A great feature about staying at the Pop Century (or any other Disney Value Resort) is get round trip transportation to and from the airport via the Magical Express and free bus transportation to the Disney Theme Parks each day.

Since we always go on a Disney Cruise right after our stay, the Disney Express also takes us right to the Disney Cruise Ship and then to the airport right after the cruise (this is an extra cost).

We have stayed off Disney Property previously to 2013, but found the convenience and cost of staying on property a much better value.

I did a short video about my experience. You can watch it at http://youtu.be/K6Cdjw6GcTA

Room Tip: We like staying in the 50's area top floor standard pool view room
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank Bill W
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed from.the 23-28th at the Pop Century Hotel quick check in tock the disney shuttle direct from.the airport very smooth.

When we checked in we recieved our arm bands all if u live in the states you can have them mailed to your address. My personilized color was, they are used for.accessing your room, getting into theme parks and buying anything you want in disney world.

Room was good what youd expect from a.value.resort, large pool area.with life guards and palm trees. There is also a bar right beside it and the restraunts not to far. I stayed.on the 2nd floor facing the lake looking at the art of animation resort.

I was very.shocked for a resort hotel what seemed to be designed.for people under 12 years.its very quite and comfortable.

I recomand.air.conditioning 24/7 and the 2 or third floors face the lake.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have stayed at the pop century for the last three trips to disney. Why pay so much for the higher bed resorts on disney property when you get to go in early and stay later. We only average about 5-6 hours in our room if that and that is sleep time.

Room Tip: Get a preferred room for sure.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Ron0014
Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here last October and this was probably the 4th visit over the past few years to this particular hotel. We were treated very well by the front desk staff and they even moved us to a room that wasn't so far from the buses so we really appreciated that. Of course the first time we visited Pop Century - when it first opened - it was so nice and clean. And really, I can put up with just about anything but it's GOT TO BE CLEAN!!! So, by the third and this past 4th visit I can say that the bed was changed on a regular basis but that deep clean, like the carpets and corners of the bathroom, left something to be desired. We tipped the "Mousekeeping" services every day and there were always plenty of towels and the beds were made but that extra attention that every hotel room needs at least between guest check ins was not done. You could look under the bed and see a lot of dust and what-not and also under any of the furniture. The baths needing a good bleaching and the carpet needed steam cleaning. We wore our clean flip flops at all times. The food court was okay, we understand crowded and a bit of chaos but the tables and floors also needed a good cleaning. Everyone working there for the most part was friendly and helpful. Some people working in the food court were not friendly but we just found someone else to ask and they were able to answer our questions. We were on the free quick service plan and really liked that. The parks were not crowded and we had a nice time. We will probably try to find another WDW hotel that is cleaner/newer next time. Staying on WDW property is a very big plus!

Room Tip: Always as for a room as close to the buses as possible. It will also be near the food court and the...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LadyinGeorgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Very upset! When booking this room online I booked a king bed to only find out we got 2 doubles...why would a couple want 2 double beds, they say they have no king available so I don't know why that was an option when booking or else we would of never booked. Now we're stuck and even worse we bought park tickets that probably can't be refunded!!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bvolans
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!