Despite a late first night arrival after thinking we were lost on International Drive, we thoroughly enjoyed our 5 night stay at SVV. Apparently, from the highway you make a left and pass SeaWorld; however, we drove only as far as the Marriott in a darker stretch of I-drive to later discover we turned around for driving directions at CVS pharmacy just a couple hundred metres short of the resort. This was our first hotel of a 10 night Orlando trip and we certainly did not go wrong. SVV turned out to be a fantastic resort for both older and younger people. Rooms were nice and accommodating; although, we requested to move closer to the pool after the first night to a room with a balcony. The front desk did not hesitate to accommodate us for a small extra fee, which was worth it!
Due to our late night arrival we discovered in the AM that we actually loved the location on International Drive near the South Premium Outlet Mall. If you’re a walker and don’t mind traipsing through grass (no sidewalks I believe) you can scoot down and across the road to Walgreens, Publix grocery store, Chinese restaurant, McDonald’s, Outback Steakhouse, Subway, Liquor store, Mani/Pedi place and a few stores in a strip mall prior to crossing the road to the South Premium Outlet Mall. You can also pick up public transportation at the front gate on both sides of the street; both the I-Drive Trolley and the city bus. The grounds at SVV are nicely kept although in the AM you may here the buzzing of groundskeepers. Parking late at night is tight in some areas but you can usually find a spot within a short walk. Security workers at the gated entrance were always helpful and welcoming. The pool area is large, clean and well equipped with tables, chairs and sun-bathing lounge chairs. Large clean changing rooms right at the pool are equipped with lockers and showers, and there’s a pool deck system for beach towel service linked to your room. You can purchase forgotten items right at the pool; they have everything from suits and flip flops to lotions and floating tubes. The atmosphere felt like a resort throughout the day with a full day and evening “activity schedule” for the pool and other resort areas. There were plenty of activities for the kids’ day and evening including a Dance Central XBOX 360 dance night for the teens out on the pool deck with a big screen. Some slight WIFI connection issues existed in the rooms; however, they were less important given this was not a business trip. All of our concerns were immediately addressed including a brief plumbing problem. It was nice to finally stay in a condo where there were no drainage issues, particularly in the tub (this has happened to us elsewhere in the past.) Our 1 bedroom condo was spacious and left us needing for little if anything. The kitchenette met all of our needs.
It was pleasant and unexpected to have the concierge call us the next morning to come down for our arrival package which included: restaurant discounts and freebies, the 411 on SVV, a map of SVV its’ layout and activity schedule for the week, and the” what and how “of the Orlando and area attractions including shuttle service. As a Sheraton member we were even provided with special rates to attractions which we opted not to utilize. As an old school driver-navigator (no GPS here), it was fabulous to have a concierge provide well-written driving directions to essentially anywhere you or your family may need to get to--right down to a left or right out of the main entrance gate. Also, naturally given this is a condo resort, they want you to tour the facility (and tour we did). Our concierge, there’s more than 1, was the most helpful we’ve encountered on any family vacation; unfortunately I cannot remember her name 2 months later while writing this review and may have regrettably tossed her card.
SVV sits likely midway between Disney and Universal resorts and the restaurant strip near Pointe Orlando Mall on International Drive is approximately a 5-10 drive depending on traffic. Plenty of restaurants can also be found at Downtown Disney in the opposite direction just the other side of HWY 4 at about the same distance to Pointe Orlando Mall. Don’t miss the opportunity to get to Downtown Disney and all 4 of its sections. We did eat one lunch at the resort, reasonable to pricey, we were determined to try offsite eateries if not dining in our room.
SVV sits on a quieter stretch of International Drive, a perfect location if you want to just dabble in the more frenzied areas of Orlando! Overall, we loved our stay at SVV! Our family vacation was far too busy based on our 10-day agenda and we’d certainly go back to SVV just to kick back and relax!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy spacious one and two-bedroom villas ranging from 500 to 1080 square feet, complimented by fully furnished kitchens or kitchenettes to make a sunny breakfast to a family feast with separate bedroom(s) featuring The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper, dining/living room, washer/dryer, free in room wireless internet, complimentary parking and no hidden resort fees. This resort is perfectly located on South International Drive on 95 beautifully manicured acres. Four unique pools including a quarter-acre pool with dramatic centerpiece waterfall, playful family interactive pools along with tennis, basketball, fitness centers and picnic areas with barbecue grills are sure to delight every member of the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hotel Orlando
- Vistana Villages
- Sheraton Orlando
- Orlando Sheraton
- Sheraton International Drive
- Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive Orlando, Florida