“A great place for family fun and relaxation!”

Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive
Ranked #59 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Detroit, Michigan
“A great place for family fun and relaxation!”
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Despite a late first night arrival after thinking we were lost on International Drive, we thoroughly enjoyed our 5 night stay at SVV. Apparently, from the highway you make a left and pass SeaWorld; however, we drove only as far as the Marriott in a darker stretch of I-drive to later discover we turned around for driving directions at CVS pharmacy just a couple hundred metres short of the resort. This was our first hotel of a 10 night Orlando trip and we certainly did not go wrong. SVV turned out to be a fantastic resort for both older and younger people. Rooms were nice and accommodating; although, we requested to move closer to the pool after the first night to a room with a balcony. The front desk did not hesitate to accommodate us for a small extra fee, which was worth it!

Due to our late night arrival we discovered in the AM that we actually loved the location on International Drive near the South Premium Outlet Mall. If you’re a walker and don’t mind traipsing through grass (no sidewalks I believe) you can scoot down and across the road to Walgreens, Publix grocery store, Chinese restaurant, McDonald’s, Outback Steakhouse, Subway, Liquor store, Mani/Pedi place and a few stores in a strip mall prior to crossing the road to the South Premium Outlet Mall. You can also pick up public transportation at the front gate on both sides of the street; both the I-Drive Trolley and the city bus. The grounds at SVV are nicely kept although in the AM you may here the buzzing of groundskeepers. Parking late at night is tight in some areas but you can usually find a spot within a short walk. Security workers at the gated entrance were always helpful and welcoming. The pool area is large, clean and well equipped with tables, chairs and sun-bathing lounge chairs. Large clean changing rooms right at the pool are equipped with lockers and showers, and there’s a pool deck system for beach towel service linked to your room. You can purchase forgotten items right at the pool; they have everything from suits and flip flops to lotions and floating tubes. The atmosphere felt like a resort throughout the day with a full day and evening “activity schedule” for the pool and other resort areas. There were plenty of activities for the kids’ day and evening including a Dance Central XBOX 360 dance night for the teens out on the pool deck with a big screen. Some slight WIFI connection issues existed in the rooms; however, they were less important given this was not a business trip. All of our concerns were immediately addressed including a brief plumbing problem. It was nice to finally stay in a condo where there were no drainage issues, particularly in the tub (this has happened to us elsewhere in the past.) Our 1 bedroom condo was spacious and left us needing for little if anything. The kitchenette met all of our needs.

It was pleasant and unexpected to have the concierge call us the next morning to come down for our arrival package which included: restaurant discounts and freebies, the 411 on SVV, a map of SVV its’ layout and activity schedule for the week, and the” what and how “of the Orlando and area attractions including shuttle service. As a Sheraton member we were even provided with special rates to attractions which we opted not to utilize. As an old school driver-navigator (no GPS here), it was fabulous to have a concierge provide well-written driving directions to essentially anywhere you or your family may need to get to--right down to a left or right out of the main entrance gate. Also, naturally given this is a condo resort, they want you to tour the facility (and tour we did). Our concierge, there’s more than 1, was the most helpful we’ve encountered on any family vacation; unfortunately I cannot remember her name 2 months later while writing this review and may have regrettably tossed her card.

SVV sits likely midway between Disney and Universal resorts and the restaurant strip near Pointe Orlando Mall on International Drive is approximately a 5-10 drive depending on traffic. Plenty of restaurants can also be found at Downtown Disney in the opposite direction just the other side of HWY 4 at about the same distance to Pointe Orlando Mall. Don’t miss the opportunity to get to Downtown Disney and all 4 of its sections. We did eat one lunch at the resort, reasonable to pricey, we were determined to try offsite eateries if not dining in our room.

SVV sits on a quieter stretch of International Drive, a perfect location if you want to just dabble in the more frenzied areas of Orlando! Overall, we loved our stay at SVV! Our family vacation was far too busy based on our 10-day agenda and we’d certainly go back to SVV just to kick back and relax!

Room Tip: If you have the opportuntity, get a room near the main pool with a balcony it you do not mind hearin...
6 Thank Sumthin2wait4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,006)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Medellin,Colombia
Reviewed 12 September 2011

If you choose to pay a lot more with Interval for this hotel because it is a Sheraton, forget it, they put you in the smallest room the have.

They took 11 hrs to change my set of pillows the first day.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank Gustavo D
MikeElliot, Manager at Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
Dear Gargreiff,
On behalf of the Management team at the Sheraton Vistana Villages we would like to thank you for completing your review on Trip Advisor. Our resort prides itself on providing relaxing satisfying vacation experiences with an emphasis on outstanding guest service, yet in some cases mistakes can occur. It was very distressing to learn of the housekeeping issues you encountered during your recent stay. Rest assured we will take measures to do an internal follow up with our housekeeping staff stressing the importance of consistently providing the exemplary guest service our guests have come to expect from Sheraton Vistana Villages. Our follow-up efforts and your invaluable feedback will help prevent service issues, such as you have experienced, from occurring in the future.

We would welcome an opportunity to further discuss your vacation experience with you and can be contacted at svvgm@starwoodvo.com

Resort Management
Westport, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This hotel is in a very convenient location to all the parks, a minute or two to SeaWorld, and within 10 minutes of Universal Studios & Disney. The resort was very nice. My family was in the KeyWest building which was updated, quiet and had all the amenities such as full kitchen, 1.5 baths, dining table, washer/dryer, etc. We went with a 1 bedroom and our 2 kids slept on the sofa bed. Bed was comfortable, and sofa bed was okay for kids. About as comfortable as a sofa bed can be I suppose. The staff was friendly. They did try to sell me a timeshare. Offered me $100 (cash) to attend the "free breakfast". I decided to go even though I had no interest in a timeshare. Easiest $100 I ever made, The reason I won't give 5 stars is because I was disappointed with the housekeeping. It's definitely not their strong suit. I think because a lot of the resort is time share occupied, the housekeeping is not up to par as it is in a more "hotelly" hotel. They don't change the linens unless you leave them on the floor. That doesn't bother me as I know a lot of hotels try to be "green". I don't change my sheets daily at home so this didn't bother me. They did replace all the towels daily which was nice, and did dishes, etc which I didn't expect. We actually took care of our own dishes for the most part. (The suite is fully stocked with tableware, silverware, pots/pans, etc). The one night that housekeeping really bothered me was when we came in from a long day at the parks, it appeared that the housekeeper had up and left in the middle of cleaning. Bag full of towels was left in the bedroom, and bagged trash in the middle of the kitchen floor. I contacted the front desk who apologized and sent someone from housekeeping up right away. I guess the housekeeper felt ill and had to leave. Someone else should've finished the job but it is what it is. They front desk did offer us a VIP cleaning (whatever that is) for the next day, but our next day was checkout day so I declined. All in all, I really liked the location, I liked the KeyWest pool which was much less busy than the main pool. I had a $150 resort credit as part of the package I purchased, and used it mainly in the restaurant since food is pricey at nearby restaurants. The resort restaurant's food was okay, nothing to brag about, but decent for apps/sandwiches, etc. I would stay here again, and I most likely will stay here again the next time we visit Disney.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank impulse22281
Belen de Escobar, Argentina
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Excelent place to stay if going to walt disney . Nice room with kitchen, lcd tv , dvd, washing mashine , iron , nice pools one with a pirate ship with slides . And excelent atention in dining shows and park information at the front desk .

• Stayed August 2011
PA
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights in July. The hotel was perfect in almost every way! The room was amazing and spacious. The grounds were beautiful. We loved the pools! The kids had a fantastic time doing the fun family activites at the July 4th pool party. The ONLY negative was that I had an expensive dress stolen from our room, and I am assuming it was one of the cleaning people who took it.

We were on a month-long road trip & this was a stop on the trip. We packed up our things & went to our next location (Ft. Lauderdale). Once I realized the dress was missing, I immediately called the hotel. The staff members with whom I spoke were not helpful at all. One told me that the room hadn't been cleaned yet, since they did not have anyone scheduled to stay there after us. He said that someone would go check & get back to me right away. I never heard back. I ended up calling back and talking to someone else, who told me that the cleaning person probably took it!!!! I was very frustrated because I had no recourse.

We ended up going back through Orlando for 5 days on our way back up north, so I called again, just in case. The person I spoke with once again was very rude and said that there was nothing they could do.

For that reason, I would not stay at this property again. It is a shame because we really did like the place & we plan on visiting Orlando again soon. You are better off at the Marriott Harbour Lakes, which is just as nice and has more helpful staff members.

2 Thank kikipa73
Dear kikipa73,
On behalf of the Management team at the Sheraton Vistana Villages we would like to thank you for completing your review on Trip Advisor. Our resort prides itself on providing relaxing satisfying vacation experiences with an emphasis on outstanding guest service, yet in some cases mistakes can occur. It was very distressing to learn of the Security issues you encountered during your recent stay. The safety and security of our guest is our top priority. Rest assured we will take measures to do an internal follow up with staff stressing the importantance of consistently providing the exemplary guest service our guests have come to expect from Sheraton Vistana Villages. Our follow-up efforts and your invaluable feedback will help prevent service issues, such as you have experienced, from occurring in the future.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the other resort amenities and activities during your stay and invite you to return in the future.

Resort Management
Rumford, Rhode Island
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My daughter actually found these accommodations for a family visit to Disney. The Sheraton Vistana Villages are about 20 minutes from Disney. The ride never was a problem. We actually stayed from 7/30, checking out on 8/4. The accommodations (full kitchen complete wth small appliances, washer and dryer, large living/dining area, balcony, master suite with its own bathroom, 2nd bedroom with 2 queen beds and bathroom accessible from that bedroom as well as main living area of the house, iron & ironing board, hair dryers, all linens and towels, kitchen supplies) were great. Comfortable and plenty of room for my daugher, her husband, 3 children and two grandmothers. Lots of activities, too - swimming pools, game and exercise rooms. Restaurant on site. As far as value is concerned, my daughter bid on the accommodations and her bid was accepted. She said she got a good deal. It definitely is a wonderful and comfortable place. We were off to Disney every day, so we ate at the restaurant once and made use of one of the pools twice and the hot tub once. Good food and value at the restaurant. Check in process a bit lengthy when we were there, but there were balloons and face painting to keep the kids occupied.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Loretta69
brantford
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed at the Vistana Villages in July 2011. This is a beautiful property, located about 10 minutes from Walt Disney World.
The rooms are very nice, and well appointed. We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom villa - which was plenty of room for 5 people.
There is an on-site restaurant. Very good food and service. Prices were suprisingly competitive.
Several pools on this property. All very nice, especially the kids pool.
The resort features a daily activity program for the kids. They did a very nice job keeping the little ones entertained.
This is a time share resort, however we were not pressured into any sales presentation what so ever.
Only negative point - the reception area is extremely busy, and in my opinion a little under staffed to handle the volume of people. Plan accordingly if you need to use the services at reception.
We will certainly consider this resort again, and I recommending this reosrt to my friends and familey.

2 Thank juni0r