I don't know that I would have ever found the Sheraton Vistana Villages on my own, but my Dad and his wife have a time share and invited us out. And the SVV turned out to be just what we needed for this vacation.
I'm more a fan of beach vacations or beautiful, natural settings, so Orlando is not necessarily my thing, but with 3 kids (2, 4 and 7), we thought it might be nice to bring the kids to the DisneyWorld and enjoy some family time. I found SVV to serve this purpose very well. The five of us stayed in a Junior Suite and it was great to have a little more space and the opportunity to cook and do laundry. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. The bathtub, shower and toilet were each in separate rooms, which allowed for a little extra privacy. The outdoor patios are all screened in, so you can get a little fresh air with out the bugs (I didn't love the screens, but can see the merit there).
The grounds are manicured and well-maintained. My kids enjoyed the large heated pool on the one day it was warm enough to go swimming. There were also some movie nights and other activities for the kids, although we didn't participate in any of these. It was nice to have access to playgrounds, hammocks, game rooms, shuffleboard and tennis courts as well. They also appeared to be building a nice Pirate-themed children's pool on the property.
Since we had a few days of bad weather, we really appreciated having restaurant a few steps away (food just ok; standard hotel restaurant food, but Starbucks coffee a bonus) and a small market on the property. On a cold, rainy evening after spending a good chunk of the day at the parks, it's great to be able to run a few steps to the market and pick up a movie, snacks and some frozen chicken nuggets for a cozy night in. There are also a number of stores and restaurants very close by and it's only about 15-20 minutes to the Magic Kingdom.
I didn't interact much with the staff, but everyone seemed courteous enough. All in all, a very comfortable and convenient stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy spacious one and two-bedroom villas ranging from 500 to 1080 square feet, complimented by fully furnished kitchens or kitchenettes to make a sunny breakfast to a family feast with separate bedroom(s) featuring The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper, dining/living room, washer/dryer, free in room wireless internet, complimentary parking and no hidden resort fees. This resort is perfectly located on South International Drive on 95 beautifully manicured acres. Four unique pools including a quarter-acre pool with dramatic centerpiece waterfall, playful family interactive pools along with tennis, basketball, fitness centers and picnic areas with barbecue grills are sure to delight every member of the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hotel Orlando
- Vistana Villages
- Sheraton Orlando
- Orlando Sheraton
- Sheraton International Drive
- Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive Orlando, Florida