Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive
GreenLeadersSilver level
Westfield, New Jersey
“Just Right”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2010

I don't know that I would have ever found the Sheraton Vistana Villages on my own, but my Dad and his wife have a time share and invited us out. And the SVV turned out to be just what we needed for this vacation.

I'm more a fan of beach vacations or beautiful, natural settings, so Orlando is not necessarily my thing, but with 3 kids (2, 4 and 7), we thought it might be nice to bring the kids to the DisneyWorld and enjoy some family time. I found SVV to serve this purpose very well. The five of us stayed in a Junior Suite and it was great to have a little more space and the opportunity to cook and do laundry. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. The bathtub, shower and toilet were each in separate rooms, which allowed for a little extra privacy. The outdoor patios are all screened in, so you can get a little fresh air with out the bugs (I didn't love the screens, but can see the merit there).

The grounds are manicured and well-maintained. My kids enjoyed the large heated pool on the one day it was warm enough to go swimming. There were also some movie nights and other activities for the kids, although we didn't participate in any of these. It was nice to have access to playgrounds, hammocks, game rooms, shuffleboard and tennis courts as well. They also appeared to be building a nice Pirate-themed children's pool on the property.

Since we had a few days of bad weather, we really appreciated having restaurant a few steps away (food just ok; standard hotel restaurant food, but Starbucks coffee a bonus) and a small market on the property. On a cold, rainy evening after spending a good chunk of the day at the parks, it's great to be able to run a few steps to the market and pick up a movie, snacks and some frozen chicken nuggets for a cozy night in. There are also a number of stores and restaurants very close by and it's only about 15-20 minutes to the Magic Kingdom.

I didn't interact much with the staff, but everyone seemed courteous enough. All in all, a very comfortable and convenient stay.

2 Thank Ann R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,000)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2010

There were 5 of us, three adults and 2 toddlers, in a two bedroom unit in Building 10. It was a very enjoyable stay.

The beds were comfortable and there was adequate space for everyone in the unit. We had to get the staff to change the sheets on the beds to more softer sheets but that was not a big deal.

Everything was within walking distance including Pool, Game Room, Cafe etc. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The grounds were well kept and modern. I really enjoyed the BBQ areas and the new Stainless Steel BBQs. They had lights so you could cook at night and given it was Dec, darkness appeared just at dinner time.

The Pool was huge and heated. There was a nice portion of the pool for the kids to play in but you couldn't stay out of the water too long due to the chill in the air. The change room was large and clean which made for a nice swimming experience.

I had a chance to stay in the Sheraton Vistana Resort and let me tell you, I would take Villages over the Resort any day. The Resort was dated and seemed very cramped by comparison.

I would go back again to the Villages as this site is close to everything. Places like Orange Lake Resort where my brother stays is way off the beaten path and it is far from most places. It really is nice to be within 10 minutes of all the action. The Premium Outlet Mall virtually next to the Villages was a big hit for my wife.

4 Thank dltse8
MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2010

Sheraton Vistana Villages
Contract Number: 707447
Week: 12 Unit: 04204

Stay was absolutely terrible room 27205 (no house keeping) no open pools in area which I was not told when I had to rent a unit. And to top it off my 15 year old boy was physically touched on the leg by a very drunk man and asked if he was man enough to do his wife. What is wrong with this picture? I have been an owner for years and what happen to my boy is totally unbelievable. I have also copied this to my attorney. You are responsible for the safety of your guest and the boy was totally intimidated by this drunk in the hot tub at or about 9:30 to 10 PM on 1/02/10 destroyed his vacation night and he went back to the room (some vacation). I expect an answerer on what your policy is on this issue. I also reported this the same night was told I would get an answer on this but no call. Pass this on to your GM and I expect an answer from him.

Paul

3 Thank crappyvistanta
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2010

This is one of my favorite places to stay in Orlando! Only 10 mins away from Disney, minutes away from Sea World and many other popular destinations in Orlando! The grounds are well kept and the staff are very nice. We have stayed here aout 5 times and each time we have left very happy.

Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank ascavage
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2010

I can't add much more to what has already been written but the kids thought they had died and gone to heaven. They couldn't believe we were staying there.
We stayed in the Keys area which is towards the back of the complex which we had requested. We had a pool which was very clean quiet and handy, we were next to the games room, volleyball and tennis courts so it was very convenient. I would recommend this area without hesitation. Parking was never a problem and we had daily room cleaning too. We didn't want to come home.
I would advise British holiday makers read reviews by British people as the Americans seem quite demanding and critical. This is a fantastic hotel and we would definitely stay here again

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank dancingqueen66
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2010

We love Sheraton Vistana Villages. The rooms have everything including a washer and dryer. The facility is beautiful and has pools, tennis courts, gas grills, and a fitness room. A grocery is right across the street and many good restaurants are close by and pizza delivery is just a phone call away. We stay here every time we come to Orlando if they have room for us.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Marie C
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2010

My family and I stayed at Vistana Resort in Orland in Dec of ’09. We stay in the Lakes area in a newly remodeled room – the furniture and décor was beautiful, very nice bathrooms. It was very quiet, though I suspect we stayed during off season. I was also impressed with their security making sure to check every car and pedestrian who enters. Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business