“Remarkably average for a Disney property”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando - Disney Springs Area
Ranked #104 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Franklin, United States
“Remarkably average for a Disney property”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

There were problems with TV cable; I was told to unplug and re-plug the cable. Easy enough, but why is the guest fixing the cable TV. For four days there were problems for everyone with parking lot gate system. Guests shouldn't have to wait to be let in and let out. Comfortable, clean hotel, but the staff just seemed to accept malfunctioning systems as normal.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank William D M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I very much enjoyed my stay here. We weren't in the room much because we were at Disney every day but while we were there it was very nice. They allowed me to have a family member check in while I was at Disney even though the reservation was under my name, while some hotels do not allow this. The room was clean and spacious. Our TV was not working upon arrival but a maintenance person promptly came to get it working. We did not use the pool or restaurant, but we shopped in their little market for items we needed. The only small issue we had is one of my family members couldn't sleep because of noise from other guests in the hallways throughout the night, but we didn't say anything to the desk and this is not the hotel's fault. It is a little pricey but that is to be expected from any hotel near Disney.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank le0412
J-Parkinson, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando - Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you kindly for your review. I wish we had been informed about the noise in the hallways, we would have certainly sent someone out to take care of the situation. I appreciate you writing on your experience, and I hope to host you again in the near future.

Best regards,
John Parkinson
Reviewed 31 May 2014

great accomodations and staff that was flexible enough to let us catch the bus to disney and complete check-in process later so we wouldn''t have a long wait for the next bus. Also, put our room near the rest of our extended family even though our check-in was days later.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Woodstock, Illinois
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed here while on business in Orlando and didn't exactly have the best experience. There was a lot of construction going on outside the back of the hotel, by the pool, which was a bummer. But the bigger thing was that I stepped out of my room the morning I was to leave for the airport (it was super early) and my keycard did not work to reopen the door. The front desk tried the 'master' key and it wouldn't open my room either. The front desk lady was basically ready to give up, but it was the cleaning lady that told her she had to call someone to get this figured out for me (thank you SO much to that cleaning lady - wish I would've asked her name). The front desk lady finally ended up calling the maintenance guy (and again it was super early) to try and get him to come to the hotel to open up my room, or else I was going to miss my flight. It was definitely a stressful situation, but the maintenance guy did try and get there as fast as possible and they were eventually able to open my room, so that I could get my stuff, etc. and head out.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Luv2Travel7723
Lombard, Illinois
Reviewed 30 May 2014

It is an average to maybe below average Hilton. The pool is ok. The whole hotel wing that I was in had a dated feeling to it. Also, I had an early flight. When my colleague left their room and then went to go back in the door would not unlock. There was nobody onsite to open in. They called someone and we waited. This is at 4am as we had a 6am flight. And waited. Finally he got it open and the luggage could be removed. The lead to a very stressful morning.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Living in Florida we have the opportunity to pack the family in the van and take a ride to go see "Mickey", however this trip was all the more special being we were celebrating our twins birthday. We decided to stay at the DoubleTree and we couldn't of been happier with our decision. This is a great hotel. The rooms are very spacious and clean. Housekeeping does a great job. We are very close to all the attractions and spent many nights exploring Downtown Disney. We took advantage of the breakfast bar every morning, yes it is a bit pricey as other reviews said but KIDS EAT free, so basically only me and hubby had to pay. On the boys birthday, Isabella, one of the restaurant works told us she would send us a birthday cake for them. Low and behold when we came back from the theme parks a cake and balloons where in our room. The kids absolutely loved this. All in all this is a great place and I can't wait to stay again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Megan T
Palm Coast, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

If you are looking for a great place to stay for family this would be the place. The rooms were great and staff was friendly. Location was also beneficial. They appeared to have what is necessary for the business traveler. Rooms were clean and large.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Travellers also viewed these Orlando hotels
B Resort & Spa
B Resort & Spa
#121 of 336 in Orlando
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,897 reviews
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando - Disney Springs Area? Share your experiences!