This was our 2nd stay, we were there for 6 nights on Hilton points the last week of May. As a Gold Member, we had booked a patio room, and were upgraded to a newly updated 2 bedroom/2 bath suite that was fantastic for our family of 5.
What we loved:
The shuttles are on time, and free. This hotel is last on the bus line, so for pickup in the morning it is fantastic - a short ride to the parks leaves you more time for breakfast. On the way home at night, it is longer because you are dropped off last.
As a Gold member, we were given buffet breakfast for 4 (and since our 5th doesn't eat much at age 3 we didn't pay for her either). Fresh fruit, yogurt, rolls, toast, oatmeal with toppings, and Mickey waffles, omelets, bacon, eggs on the hot buffet. Never a wait for us, but we eat at 7:45am to be at the parks' opening every day. Great service, the staff remembered us every morning and would have our table ready with drinks right away.
The room was great, refrigerator to store water & snacks that we brought for the park. Nothing else really to say - we weren't in the room much because we are at Disney!
Fresh cookies & water every night from the front desk, and the staff was always very pleasant.
Short walk to Downtown Disney and the suites for our family of 5 makes this hotel a winner for us.
The only downsides: We didn't use the pool or restaurant this time; really no need because - you are at Disney!
We briefly looked at onsite Disney properties (which we would consider with free dining), however UNLESS you are going to book a property ON THE MONORAIL, I would return to the DoubleTree every time. The only things I would like to change is proximity to the park, and hotel "theme". But based on reviews of some of the value/moderate properties, you STILL have to ride a bus/boat to get to the property and some are so sprawling that you have a long walk to get to your room after that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary All-Suite Disney Springs Resort Area Hotel located in Walt Disney World Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hilton Hotels Direct, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando - Disney Springs Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Suites By Hilton In The Walt Disney World Hotel Orlando
- Walt Disney Orlando
- Doubletree Hotel In World
- DoubleTree Suites By Hilton Orlando - Disney Springs Area Florida