“Great Extended Stay Hotel”

Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #37 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Booked this hotel as part of a package through Travel City Direct based on the reviews on this site. I cannot fault this hotel in any way. From check-in through to departure every member of staff that I encountered had a greeting or a smile. The rooms are immaculately kept, maybe a little tired, but exceptionally clean and well appointed, not to mention the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in! The location is a definite plus for this hotel, leave via Universal Boulevard exit and you are minutes away from the Universal parks. Leave via I-Drive and you are minutes away from SeaWorld. Disney parks are around 20 minutes away via I4, so I would recommend a car, but I believe the trollies will get you there but can't comment as we didn't use them. Breakfast does get a little monotonous, but then don't you eat the same things most days at home? If you want a change, Denny's in pretty much in the parking lot. TGI's, Bahama Breeze, Friendly's, Domino's, Subway and a Walgreens are all within a few minutes walk of the hotel. The pool is shaded for the most part of the day, but great if you are trying to keep the kids outta the sun. All in all a fantastic holiday at a wonderful hotel that I would not hesitate to recommend. Thank you Homewood Suites, keep up the good work!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JollyHols38
Write a ReviewReviews (3,115)

Reviewed 16 June 2012

I cannot understand the trivial, negative comments placed on Trip Advisor for The Homewood Suites on International Drive. We had a great stay in July last year, so much so that when we returned home to Scotland we rebooked for this coming October. It's perfectly placed on I Drive, in the sense that you do not need a nominated driver when out in the evening enjoying the bars and restaurants that are on offer. Anyway, onto the Homewood suites, afterall this is what this page is about. Great staff....very friendly and welcoming. Just what you need when you're on the back end of a 10 hour flight. Any questions or issues were dealt with immediately. The rooms were cleaned daily and were spotless. Please remember that this is a 3 star graded establishment however it punches well above its weight. The staff have a personality for a start, always friendly and welcoming. They beat higher graded hotels I've stayed in by a stretch. Mario is a cracker but none more so than the staff on the frontline at reception, in the restaurant and your man in maintainance. I'm not going to ramble on about everything else that's already been mentioned about the area, I trolley etc....all good anyway.
I have one regret. That I didn't write a positive and well deserved positive review when we got back home last year! The Homewood Suites on I Drive deserve to return to their higher rating in Trip Advsor. Nice one Mario and your staff. You do a top job. You deserve more of the positive reviews. Some people are sadly never happy unless they're moaning! Looking forward to our stay the 1st 2 weeks of October. Bringing a bigger party. Cheers!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank PaulWAngus_Scotland
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Just returned from a 17 night stay at Homewood,and there's nothing for me to complain about!! The rooms are a little dated, though are very clean and comfortable,they are updating them in August:)The staff are so friendly and helpful and go beyond their call of duty to make you feel at home.The location is perfect,everything from restaurants,bars supermarkets are close by.The hotel have free shuttle services to Disney so no need for car rental.Theres washing machines and dryers available for a small fee which was fantasic with two children,so no need to overload your suitcase!! The pool is in a shaded area but we only used it a few times and the children didnt complain,its not a place to top up your tan but ideal for younger kids and toddlers to have a splash.I would recommend this hotel to anyone with children as there are no bars etc and its quite. Would i return here???? YES!!!!!!!!!!!1

Room Tip: Stayed on 6th floor,found it very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank jlo66
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Just got back yesterday from a dream holiday which started and ended at the Homewood suites. When booking in two weeks ago we were received with a great manner at the front desk and asked if we could get an adapted room on the ground floor this was done right away we could not of asked for more. We went to the welcome buffet at night and met with Elita and Raymond who where so pleasent and very helpful. We stayed at this hotel 3 years ago and where so pleased to see Raymond and Elita still there they are the backbone to this hotel. The assistant manager Mario has a smile on his face all day and nothing is a problem for him all you need to do is ask. The chief engineer at the hotel was very helpfull also. Rooms were clean and tidy and cleaned daily. Transfers to all the parks. what more could you ask for would have liked to have spoken to the manager to let him know about the great people that he has working for him but he did not speak to the guests. Will be back after renovation cant wait

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank mark b
Reviewed 9 June 2012

The biggest plus is the location ... a short walk to International Drive shops and restaurants and close (but I would not call it a walking distance) to Orange County Convention Center.
It is a typical Homewood Suites with reasonably sized suites. The room was clean with everything in good working condition. Also the public areas are clean but it is apparent that the hotel remembers better times. It shows its age ... not that there is an excessive wear but the overall appearance is somewhat outdated.
The breakfast is not exceptional but generally OK. The free dinner Mon-Thu with free drinks is a nice extra.
There are also some minuses. There is a good WiFi coverage but the internet connection is very slow ... 256 kbps download might be acceptable in developing countries in these days. Also, there are only few elevators in the hotel and they are very very slow.
The staff are OK ,,, I would say on average compared with other similarly priced Hilton owned hotels.
Overall, reasonable value taking into consideration what you get for what they charge but at the same time not making this Homewood Suites my ultimate choice for the next visit to Orlando.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ED5611
Reviewed 7 June 2012

The rooms and common areas are in bad need of updating, which we were told would happen the end of summer/beginning of fall. The location is great, being in the middle of I-drive, but not right next to I-4, so the outside noise level was very low. All the staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Joe the maintenance guy. Our AC went out half way through our stay. We got immediate attention, however the unit needed a new part that had to be ordered. They offered to let us change rooms, but I couldn't bear the thought of moving all our stuff, so we opted for window units, which worked very well. We were also given Honor points for our inconvenience. The pool is smaller than it looks in the online photos. The free breakfast is very helpful if you're trying to get out quickly to the parks, although a little more variety (fruit) would be nice. If you're traveling on a budget, this hotel is a good value, but not quite up to Hilton standards. I would definitely stay here again, but after they upgrade the rooms.

Room Tip: This is a 6 floor hotel. Yes, the elevator is slow, but there are stairs. Don't need to worry ab...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank VSullivan
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We are staying at the homewood now as I write this! It is a great hotel, the staff are very friendly and helpful and can't do enough for you.
The food overall is fine, it's basic but it's ok and remember it is free! You can get coffee at anytime too. The evening menu is fine too and you get free beer, wine, coffee and soft drinks! The couple who do the evening meal are very helpful, friendly and accommodating. This free food saves you a fortune!
The rooms are spacious and clean and towels are changed daily. There are 2 big tvs, a huge fridge /freezer,a microwave and a dishwasher and the bed is massive and soooo comfortable.
Overall this hotel is great value for money!

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank Snookfamily
Travellers also viewed these Orlando hotels
Florida Center
Hampton Inn Orlando International Drive/Convention Center
Lake Buena Vista
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Buena Vista-Orlando
Florida Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios

Been to Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center

Address: 8745 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819-9318
Region: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando > Florida Center
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#12 Romantic Hotel in Orlando
#16 Family Hotel in Orlando
#30 Business Hotel in Orlando
Price Range: £90 - £266 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Hilton Hotels Direct, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homewood Suites Orlando/International Drive/ Hotel Orlando