“VERY TIRED DATED HOTEL BREAKFAST APPALLING SERVICE POOR”

Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #36 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 9 November 2013

this was a special trip to Orlando for my wife's 40th I emailed the hotel twice and the booking agent before we arrived to ask if they could do anything special ... Ie nice room ? Etc .... They ignored this contact .... Hotels in USA are pretty good at making special occasions special so after an 18 hour journey to get not even an acknowledgment was disappointing .... The room was pretty awful settee was all ripped, curtains hanging off, wardrobe door was hanging off and glass actually cracked right across.... Fixtures and fittings very dated air con unit was the noisiest I have ever heard in a hotel light in kitchen was same buzzing very loudly! All in all 2 star at best and that's being generous....I can only assume people giving this hotel glowing reviews don't stay in nice hotels !!!! I do all over the world and this is NOT a good hotel. The real stinker was the APPALLING INEDIBLE BREAKFAST which would horrify European guests boiled tasteless food served on Polystyrene plates and bowls !!!! This seems to be a backwards growing trend in the states and as a very strict environmentalist in England I was honestly disgusted and actually had to get my breakfast at great expense elsewhere ! This is becoming a growing trend in budget America and is really unacceptable to me.... Scrambled egg and boiled turkey burgers are awful enough without being served on polystyrene !!!!! Other bad reviews have had a generic response from the hotel and I will probably get one here! I emailed this 'manager' my concerns and got totally ignored so maybe instead of posting a generic 'apology' speak direct to customer ! We were offered another room on last night by the booking agent NOT a single bit of communication from the hotel management. Very disappointing we had a great time as Disney and universal are amazing and worth every penny and the desk in hotel is helpful. Pool is ok it's wet and you can have a proper swim rooms are big and spacious all be it very dated, maybe Hilton should divert Paris Hilton's allowance to updating some of their shabby hotels ! Orlando is amazing and you will love the 2 big attractions but I would stay elsewhere and make sure breakfast isn't served on a carrier bag full of polystyrene !

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zor76
stuart b, Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Zor76,

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that the room and furnishing were not of the high standards we expect.

We want our guest to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in-place, of the highest quality, and in perfect working order. I am sorry if that was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns, so that others are not disappointed as you were.

I would like to know what manager you have email since I have not seen any email to my email address regarding this matter nor has anyone brought this to my attention or to the General Manager attention.

You have read on past posting regarding the hotel being worn yes this year the ownership approved in July a renovation plan for this hotel. Unfortunately the renovation could not be this year and will be schedule sometime in 2014.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,118)

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Excellent experience staying at Homewood Suites by Hilton on International Drive, great rooms, great staff and excellent service. Ideally situated for all attractions Orlando has to offer and at a very good price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PhilipD65
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel really delivered for my family and me. We were there for a mixed business and pleasure trip. While the room was certainly not the most modern, it was perfectly clean and comfortable. Everything worked, there were no turn-offs (smells, bugs, questionable furnishings, etc), and the service was excellent. We had a great stay, but I would say that the food offered definitely made this hotel worth it for us. I was very impressed with the service staff and the hotel as a whole. While they may not be the most modern or expensive place in the I-Drive area, I would certainly say they make up for that in all other areas. I'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Christopher Y
stuart b, Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Hello Christopher Y

Thank you for staying at my Homewood Suites here in Orlando. This is a great place to stay for any reason.

Your comment on how we are a good match for families is certainly spot on. The Suite Start breakfast allows everyone in the family to choose what they like to eat and its included within your rate complimentary. Our Welcome Home reception Monday through Thursday evening also allows families to enjoy a light meal also included with your rate plan.

I sincerely hope you can return on vacation soon and trust your business in Orlando went well

Reviewed 3 November 2013

The staff at the hotel were all extremely helpful and friendly. The breakfast had a good selection. The shuttle service to and from the theme parks was fantastic and lots of times available. The rooms are a little dated but very clean (housekeeping service was great). The location was fantastic. Lots of places to eat and convenient for i-trolley and lynx bus service.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Hello J Mcquaid71,

Thank you for staying at my Homewood Suites on your family vacation last month. Our brand offers a fantastic venue for families and our hotels added them park shuttles make for an incredible value!

I will absolutely thank each and every one on our team at our next monthly celebration next week.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I've stayed her before and Homewood suites delivers what it promises, great value, homely feel hotel in a great location.

The staff are very friendly, the rooms and facilities are good, the location is great, the breakfast buffet and welcome home buffet are basic but do the job if you are on a budget. So I think 4 stars is still warranted.

A couple of minor gripes:
The first week we were there the room was not cleaned or made up in the standard we have been used to but the second week was excellent. We stayed in room 126.

The room furnishings and carpets are starting to look a little old, they are not unacceptable but I do suggest to Homewood you should really start thinking about this now.

Room Tip: Higher floors, pool view if you like to see what's going on.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Hello Scottishtraveller71,

Thank you for the review of my Homewood Suites here at the Convention Center in Orlando.

It is always great to hear how convenient our location is for the many guests who need to be near all the activities whether they be work or pleasure.

We are extremely fortunate to have a fantastic team to work with. They are truly what make this hotel great. I will be sure to recognize them publicly at our next celebration.

I would like to apologize for the issue you had the 1st week with housekeeping. I have pass this information over to the executive housekeeping.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

somewhat rundown furnishings, smoking right outside our bedroom, breakfast choices fair. Roomy, comfortable bed and quiet. Check-in and check-out were fine. Staff friendly and helpful. Location okay - a little distant from the Convention Center though but fairly convenient and not too far from the Theme Parks. The pool area allowed smoking and that was annoying.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Steven

We have been approved by ownership for a total renovation in 2014. We are awaiting a date to be set.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2wks an we loved it staff are so friendly and helpful breakfast every mornin was good only its the same kinda option daily evenin meal was nice also gud if ur tryin 2watch ur spendin.our room was spotless every day our beds were dressed an clean towels il definitely be back an thanx so much we luv orlando

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family