“Okay experience not bad at all”

Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row
Ranked #242 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 8 July 2013

After reading some of the negative reviews, I was concerned about staying at this hotel. I'm glad I took a chance & stayed anyway. I asked for a non-smoking room, but my room was changed to smoking w/o me being notified. That was my biggest issue. Savannah allowed me to go check the room out before I accepted the room. Surprisingly, the smoke smell in the room was not overbearing. I was credited for the inconvenience. The room was very clean. There weren't many channels on the tv. The bed was firm so it wasn't as comfortable but it was ok. That can easily be fixed by putting a mattress pad on the bed which I saw at a Marriott hotel. I traveled with my kids and we all enjoyed our stay here. I'd gladly return.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Tjears04

Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

My overall experience was good, the staff was real helpful when I explained my situation about the two prior hotel experiences I had in one dat, but when I received a smoking room and it smelled of stale smoke. They need to invest in the liquid air freshner that eliminates smoke odors.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank terrdyso
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I arrived late to my room and the lady that checked me in said that my keys were coded properly and I would have no problems gaining access to a side door. I am staying in the hotel alone and had all my luggage out and rolled it to the door, keys didn't work to let me know. The night person was in the hallway and saw me trying to gain access and just walked right back to the front area. So I had to carry all my luggage and items around to the front of the hotel, dial the front desk from the doorway and wait for him to open the door for me to enter. Cards got recoded and I was able to access my room.

When I arrived at my room the top blanket on the bed had little hairs (sort of like pubic hair) all over it as well as my sheets. Slept with no blankets, etc and the air off b/c it was late and I was tired. Woke up the next morning to hop in the shower, got out and grabbed a towel to dry off to only find small tiny hairs and yellow and red colored stains on not one of my towels but all of the towels that had been placed in my room. The tub didn't drain so as I showered I was standing a good inch or 2 of water. After the tub drained there was black residue from the drain all of the tub.

On top of all of that the walls are paper thin and my door was located next to the elevator and a side entry door so as all of the vacationers were coming in and out all hours of the night I heard each and every one of them. I also had 5 different phones call between 130AM and 7AM with people asking for the front desk which I thought was rather odd. I am not here on vacation but here for work and again understand that I am in a vacation town and near the vacation scenery but people and staff should still have some courtesy for others.

At this point I decided that asking for another room wasn't even an option so I just checked out and went to a different hotel. This hotel definitely needs some attention. I will not ever stay at another Extended Stay America b/c of my experience at this location.

Room Tip: do not stay a this hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank unknownATL
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Room was dirty and smelled like urine. Carpet in the corridor was damaged. Cabinets in the room damaged. Hotel needs renovation in general. Shower was poor. Staff was friendly. According to my sons, the Pool was OK.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I am making sure all the rooms, hallways and corridors are properly maintained as we await our renovation which is coming this December. As a gesture of goodwill, there has been a credit issued for the inconvenience you experienced.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at SOR@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

My room was very comfortable and clean I felt like I was at home. Hotel was quiet. Bed was very comfortable. Wish I could have stayed longer. Nina was on duty when I checked in and when I checked out. She was so sweet, always smiling and willing to help.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Linda B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Linda - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was pleasant, I will definitely let my staff member know about the great service she provided. Our goal is to wow our guests and exceed their expectations .

Reviewed 6 April 2013

The hotel is dirty and smells. The rooms are large and well laid out and have opening windows. The whole building needed professional cleaning and sanitizing, it was well past anything less. I was not expecting luxury but clean and odour free would have been nice.
The location was good, very quiet. Shops and restaurants across the road. The hotel staff were polite and pleasant and were always helpful
Had the rooms been clean they would have been comfortable but the standards were completely unacceptable throughout the building.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 204sunny204
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Boy talk about unnecessary complaints. This hotel couldn't be anymore comfortable for my husband and I. We were planning our trip for months so that means I searched online everyday for hotels and read reviews good and bad from probably every hotel in orl. Check in took maybe 5 mins and thanks to ALLI she made our 6 day stay very pleasant. We had no problem with our room or bathroom,neva saw suspicious people hanging around or heard any noise while we were there. This hotel could be out the way if your not driving but if ur jus relaxing, the plaza across the street has a little shopping and dining for u.There is a Walmart and dollar tree across the street so u can gt grocery an cook ur dinner or lunch or mayb even breakfast because they usually just have muffins an tea,coffee or cocoa. As adults we were capable of cleaning after ourselves so having a maid cleaning after us wasn't needed.We went the first wk of March so we cudnt enjoy the pool while there because of the cold but we did go one evening an it was clean and was cleaned during our stay. We had no problems getting fresh linens(THANX ANTOINETTE),our phone worked an so did our television. I have no complaints about my stay at homestead and definitely will stay here again.Thanx for a great stay and beautiful smiles!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple