Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row
Ranked #259 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida
“nothing fancy”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This place is not the cleanest, my room smelt like a wet dog, the hallway walls and carpet need a lot of attention, not well maintained at all, the price and the grab-and-go breakfast was the only positive.

Room Tip: read the reviews
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank rod s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Kilgore, Texas, United States
Reviewed 15 September 2013

thumbs up for 3 night stay........my wife and i enjoyed our king suite room with a good kitchen for enjoying a quiet dinner for 2.......we were not disappointed any.......everything was clean and comfortable.......also, we were by wal-mart, good for our dinner.......we swam in the pool and relaxed while having fun swimming...this hotel is highly recommended by us...

Room Tip: alot of walking in rooms, good floor space
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Donie G
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

My family and I were traveling with our 80 pound Akita and were looking for "pet friendly" hotels in the Orlando area that accepted large breeds. We found this hotel and was not disappointed. There was no problem checking in with our furry family member. The property had a continental breakfast, laundry facility, cutlery, pots and pans plus dishes in our room. Our bedding was immaculate and it was an overall bargain for only $49.99!

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank Elizabeth P
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel waiting to go on a cruise the next day. The hallway carpet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. The chair in the room was so nasty that we refused to even sit our suitcase on it. The bed was hard as a rock we cloudn't sleep. the kitchen area was clean. It was just somewhere cheap to buy us some time. Not the cleanest Extended stay we've stayed at. There were a few restaurants across the street. For the price it was just OK!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deirdre E
Reviewed 8 July 2013

After reading some of the negative reviews, I was concerned about staying at this hotel. I'm glad I took a chance & stayed anyway. I asked for a non-smoking room, but my room was changed to smoking w/o me being notified. That was my biggest issue. Savannah allowed me to go check the room out before I accepted the room. Surprisingly, the smoke smell in the room was not overbearing. I was credited for the inconvenience. The room was very clean. There weren't many channels on the tv. The bed was firm so it wasn't as comfortable but it was ok. That can easily be fixed by putting a mattress pad on the bed which I saw at a Marriott hotel. I traveled with my kids and we all enjoyed our stay here. I'd gladly return.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Tjears04
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

My overall experience was good, the staff was real helpful when I explained my situation about the two prior hotel experiences I had in one dat, but when I received a smoking room and it smelled of stale smoke. They need to invest in the liquid air freshner that eliminates smoke odors.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank terrdyso
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I arrived late to my room and the lady that checked me in said that my keys were coded properly and I would have no problems gaining access to a side door. I am staying in the hotel alone and had all my luggage out and rolled it to the door, keys didn't work to let me know. The night person was in the hallway and saw me trying to gain access and just walked right back to the front area. So I had to carry all my luggage and items around to the front of the hotel, dial the front desk from the doorway and wait for him to open the door for me to enter. Cards got recoded and I was able to access my room.

When I arrived at my room the top blanket on the bed had little hairs (sort of like pubic hair) all over it as well as my sheets. Slept with no blankets, etc and the air off b/c it was late and I was tired. Woke up the next morning to hop in the shower, got out and grabbed a towel to dry off to only find small tiny hairs and yellow and red colored stains on not one of my towels but all of the towels that had been placed in my room. The tub didn't drain so as I showered I was standing a good inch or 2 of water. After the tub drained there was black residue from the drain all of the tub.

On top of all of that the walls are paper thin and my door was located next to the elevator and a side entry door so as all of the vacationers were coming in and out all hours of the night I heard each and every one of them. I also had 5 different phones call between 130AM and 7AM with people asking for the front desk which I thought was rather odd. I am not here on vacation but here for work and again understand that I am in a vacation town and near the vacation scenery but people and staff should still have some courtesy for others.

At this point I decided that asking for another room wasn't even an option so I just checked out and went to a different hotel. This hotel definitely needs some attention. I will not ever stay at another Extended Stay America b/c of my experience at this location.

Room Tip: do not stay a this hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business