“Worst Experience Ever!”

Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row
Ranked #248 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This is one of the most horrible experiences I’ve had after booking a hotel. I was excited about my New Years Eve reservations at Universal and decided to use priceline’s help me find a suitable hotel. I checked in at the Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row hotel around 9pm and when I opened the door to the room it reeked of cigarette smoke. The room was so dirty, the chair had what looked like blood stains on it! There were multiple stains on the sheets and pillows the room was just so filthy I knew I couldn’t sleep there even for one night!! At that point I immediately went to the desk and complained, I was told they had nothing else available, I asked for my money back and to check me out, she took my key and replied that I had to contact priceline for a refund and I checked out! It was a huge inconvenience to have to take time out of the night to secure another hotel room before going to the park. I would never stay at this place ever again I was extremely disappointed!

Room Tip: Avoid this place!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bradford S

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I have stayed in quite a few Extended Stay hotels. I like them because they are cheap and no frills but clean and safe. This one is a lower standard than any I have stayed in before. I will say the staff was always pleasant. One night at 2:30AM (in December!) 8 adults were partying in the pool. This involved a lot ot screaming and loud laughter. I called the desk and they took care of it. What I didn't like was the smell of everything. Hallways just smelled bad. My room smelled like old chinese food for the 9 days I was there. Also everything was the cheapest quality possible. The bed was so hard I considered sleeping on the floor - it actually felt like there were metal bars in places on the surface of the matress. The counter top was not attached to the "facing" (?) of the cabinet in the bathroom - there was at least an inch gap. It had no dishwasher. The breakfast was granola bars, muffins and coffee. Worst - this is a very inconvenient location. Will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ellen H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The challenges you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am committed to making sure the hallways are monitored on a week to week basis as well as the upkeep.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at sor@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

all thumbs down. would not, will not recommend this chain (Extended Stay) to anyone else. there really isn't really much more to say, other than what I have written in the comments section. just beware when making you're plans to stay here.

Room Tip: Pre-screen your room first!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The staff here makes an above and beyond effort to make me feel at home and the facility is always clean. The fact that they take animals makes it even better, as on occasion I have my sons and grand-dogs join me...

Room Tip: Folks come and go, so if you are a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the exit doors.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank W Greg B
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This place is not the cleanest, my room smelt like a wet dog, the hallway walls and carpet need a lot of attention, not well maintained at all, the price and the grab-and-go breakfast was the only positive.

Room Tip: read the reviews
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank rod s
Reviewed 15 September 2013

thumbs up for 3 night stay........my wife and i enjoyed our king suite room with a good kitchen for enjoying a quiet dinner for 2.......we were not disappointed any.......everything was clean and comfortable.......also, we were by wal-mart, good for our dinner.......we swam in the pool and relaxed while having fun swimming...this hotel is highly recommended by us...

Room Tip: alot of walking in rooms, good floor space
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Donie G
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

My family and I were traveling with our 80 pound Akita and were looking for "pet friendly" hotels in the Orlando area that accepted large breeds. We found this hotel and was not disappointed. There was no problem checking in with our furry family member. The property had a continental breakfast, laundry facility, cutlery, pots and pans plus dishes in our room. Our bedding was immaculate and it was an overall bargain for only $49.99!

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank Elizabeth P
Travellers also viewed these Orlando hotels
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Commodity Circle
Comfort Suites Orlando Airport
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Sports Complex
Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd.
Quality Inn & Suites Winter Park Village Area

Been to Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row? Share your experiences!