“Stayed here for 3 weeks”

Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row
Ranked #269 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Lagos Nigeria
“Stayed here for 3 weeks”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel location is good. Close to stores ,Florida mall and Universal studios. The bus shop is 5 minutes from the reception. The front desk were suite helpful. Breakfast was paltry and its just average. There is a pool. Nothing fancy. Its got a kitchen and on site maintaince men. For the price its okay.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank ArynAjalaTravel
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We're so pleased to hear that we were conveniently located for you and that you found our staff to be helpful.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice during business visits to Orlando. Both times my room was spotless when I arrived along with very pleasant desk help during the check in process. The kitchen area was well appointed and made for easy meals and snacks when I was too busy to run out for a meal. I also used the wireless internet service quite a bit with no complaints regarding standard service speeds. The only concern I had was a somewhat lengthy checkout with a representative who wasn't familiar with the billing process. Fortunately another person was available to answer my questions. I would definitely stay in this facility again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Tom V
California
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Not the most modern but room was clean and complete. Manager and front office staff were professional and friendly and responsive. Full size refridge, stove with two burners, microwave and toaster. Large modern flat screen TV. Safe, clean, quiet room. Laundry room with washers and dryers - only $2 a wash. Breakfast - the put out muffins, packets of oatmeal, grits, hot chocolate, fruit. Wal Mart is across the street but you will need a car to get there. Crossing the parkway is difficult without a car.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Traveling_Lady_456
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This Extended Stay America hotel served it’s purpose. It provided us with a place to stay with cooking facilities, but not much beyond that. The breakfast really wasn’t a breakfast. Coffee and muffin shouldn’t be considered a breakfast. The room was kinda beatup, but it was certainly not fleabag hotel. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable and the TV was very nice. After staying at the other Extended Stay America, I thought for sure they would have a pool or so, but no such luck, basic availability. When we checked in I thought we would have two beds, but in the end that was considered and upgrade fee – I didn’t bother checking again my reservation to see if I misread or if I was corralled to the 1 bed room. The front desk clerk was amiable and check out in the morning was quick and painless. We arrived late in the evening but it was obviously 4:20 in the hotel when we arrived. They had back door entrances, which for quietness away from the main entrance was really nice. Would I stay again? Yes, if I need an inexpensive quick stay, I would, but certainly not an extended stay. Although, as this was supposed to be in the airport area, it did seem quite a distance away from the airport and it felt as if it was in the middle of nowhere, but it was in a nice commercial district, with restaurants and Walmart within walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the back and then you have a quite entrance away from the front.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Booked reservation for two rooms with two queen bed, checked in a little after 11 pm, one of the room had but one bed and sofa pullout that didn't work, had to have my friend sleep with her mom and her 3 children in the same bed. Their a/c was not working, couldn't open the windows because it didn't have a screen to protect anyone from falling off the window (windows are pretty low). Our room had the two beds but our fridge didn't work, all of our food got spoiled in the morning. When I told the front desk gal about our issues she didn't even apologize or looked like she wanted to take care of it, it seemed as if I we were bothering her. This hotel apparently is not handicap friendly, because my friend's 3 year old daughter (with autism) was crying in the morning, she was asked by the same front desk gal to take her outside the hotel because some guest were complaining.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This Extended Stay America was clean and quiet. It is located across the street from a large shopping center with a Super WalMart, a Logan's Roadhouse and several fast food restaurants and it's a 5-10 minute drive to I-Drive. The hotel is safe, clean and quiet and the staff was friendly. The pool is clean. As with any extended stay hotel, you won't get daily housekeeping unless you pay extra for it but that's the deal, so know that going in. The kitchens are fully equipped and my room was clean and quiet.

Room Tip: If you're not a smoker, make sure you get a room on the first or second floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank buddyrsd
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, quiet stay in a safe, convenient location. As well, it's great to hear that you found our staff to be friendly during your visit. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our staff. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed 13 March 2014

If you want to go to univ studio, sea world or convention center, it s a good location but it s far from Disney. Staff is ok but can be friendlier. Rooms re clean but the chair needs replaced. Looks old and dirty. Bathroom s clean. Walmart is close by. They need to change the hallway carpets. It s old and dirty.
I think it was a good deal. Don't believe all negative reviews. I think some people are spoiled and think they re entitled and will complain about little things . Who complains about not enough tv channels come on you re on vacation . Don't watch tv. People whine a lot and guess who is the fattest nation in the world. There re many people in the world who re suffering so stop whining and enjoy the vacation . It s affordable so we can spend more on other things. This is my 10th time here and I always stayed at clarion since I was a med student. Extended stay s more quiet. I ll try the one at lake Buena vista next time.

• Stayed March 2014