My husband and I booked a room here because it was cheap and in a good area, just for an overnight mini vacation. We stayed on January 4th, yesterday, so the experience is still very fresh in my mind. The front desk clerk, Julie, was very friendly and let me know they would be putting a $75 hold on my credit card for the room; I know hotels sometimes do this, and I don't mind, but I greatly appreciated her telling me this up front. I've stayed at other hotels (*cough*MARRIOTT*cough*) who put holds for amounts much larger than the actual price of the room - yet didn't bother to tell me at any point during the transaction. I consider this bad business practices, so the fact that she told me right away registered highly with me.
The room was clean; it had a slight smell like ramen soup (there is a kitchenette, so it wasn't just some random smell), so we called the front desk to let them know; they cheerfully and immediately offered to move us to another room, despite that we didn't even ask. We had a few ants on the counter top, just two or three, and the staff took care of them within 10 minutes of my calling the front desk.
All in all, everything was very satisfactory. I was concerned things would be bad because we were only paying $50 for the night, but there wasn't a thing wrong with this hotel. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, the location is excellent, and the price is right. There were no sketchy characters in the parking lot or the, ahem, long-term residents one normally expects to see at an extended-stay hotel - this is definitely a family-type establishment. I would probably stay here again for another cheap weekend getaway, everything was fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homestead Studio Suites Orlando - John Young Parkway features 134 studio suites with a fully equipped kitchen, free wifi, expanded cable television, free local calls and voicemail service. Amenities include a guest laundry facility. The hotel is conveniently located in between the Airport and all major theme parks plus the Orlando Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Extended Stay so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead Studio Suites Orlando - John Young Parkway Hotel Orlando
- Homestead Orlando
- Homestead Suites Orlando
- Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row Florida
- Orlando Homestead Suites