“Nothing wrong with Homestead Studio Suites at all.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row

Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row
Ranked #261 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida
“Nothing wrong with Homestead Studio Suites at all.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2009

My husband and I booked a room here because it was cheap and in a good area, just for an overnight mini vacation. We stayed on January 4th, yesterday, so the experience is still very fresh in my mind. The front desk clerk, Julie, was very friendly and let me know they would be putting a $75 hold on my credit card for the room; I know hotels sometimes do this, and I don't mind, but I greatly appreciated her telling me this up front. I've stayed at other hotels (*cough*MARRIOTT*cough*) who put holds for amounts much larger than the actual price of the room - yet didn't bother to tell me at any point during the transaction. I consider this bad business practices, so the fact that she told me right away registered highly with me.

The room was clean; it had a slight smell like ramen soup (there is a kitchenette, so it wasn't just some random smell), so we called the front desk to let them know; they cheerfully and immediately offered to move us to another room, despite that we didn't even ask. We had a few ants on the counter top, just two or three, and the staff took care of them within 10 minutes of my calling the front desk.

All in all, everything was very satisfactory. I was concerned things would be bad because we were only paying $50 for the night, but there wasn't a thing wrong with this hotel. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, the location is excellent, and the price is right. There were no sketchy characters in the parking lot or the, ahem, long-term residents one normally expects to see at an extended-stay hotel - this is definitely a family-type establishment. I would probably stay here again for another cheap weekend getaway, everything was fine.

• Liked — Good value for the price.
  • Disliked — Couple of minor problems, but they were corrected right away, nothing was bad.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2008

I booked this hotel for a week, since they offer 2 things i needed: decent rates for a week, and a mini kitchen (i have dietary laws i need to observe). This is how my "romantic" trip ensued:

Upon arrival the front desk attendant was unable to charge my credit card because their system was not working. A few hours later while eating out the restauraunt declined my card. I called the CC company and they said that some hotel in Florida tried charging a large amount SEVEN times! So they put a hold on my card....ok next:

The room was basically clean, but there were ants all over the counter tops. I complained at the front desk, and they said theyll send someone to take care of it right away. I went out for the day...

I came back and my room key didnt work (this happened 10 times during our trip). We had the maid let us in and she said that no one came to take care of our ant problem. By the time we got back there were even more ants. I tried booking other hotels, but they were all booked for the Christmas/New Years brake.

oh yeah they also charged for internet, when i booked the room they said it wouold be free.

Basically this hotel messed up my credit card, the room had bugs, and i couldnt even get in the room beacuse the key never worked. I would not recoomend this hotel to anyone looking to have a decent time in Florida.

• Liked — the price
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tiras13
ESDAreaManager, Area Operations Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row, responded to this review, 9 January 2009
Dear Valued Patron:

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Homestead Studio Suites John Young Parkway. Our Company actively pursues any and all venues providing “first person” accounts concerning their personal Extended Stay Hotels experience.

We are truly sorry that due to customer service concerns, housekeeping services, and maintenance issues your overall stay was not pleasant.

The hotel receives compliments daily on its cleanliness, amenities, and overall accommodations, so we take your remarks very seriously. We are driven to improve ourselves at every level and at every opportunity. This drive is the very foundation that has made us America’s number one family of extended stay hotels. We’ve worked hard to reach that enviable point, but are keenly aware that in order to maintain that well-earned accolade we must work even harder. Extended Stay Hotels has served millions of travelers over the years, but we believe our success has come from serving each of them one guest at a time. Because of this approach, you can be assured that your feedback does not end here. The Hotel Manager addressed your issues with you personally and hopefully to your satisfaction. We are also taking the proper measures to guard against any future customer concerns.

Again , we are deeply grateful that you have given us a candid view of our guests’ needs and expectations. We are confident, by reviewing and responding to personal observations such as yours, that we can meet and exceed them. Your perspective, as the customer, is invaluable. We eagerly and openly welcome any additional comments, concerns, or questions, you might have.
Aberdeen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2008

Apartment was amazing!
Enormous and extremely comfortable bed.
Jacuzzi.
Huge bathroom with 2 sinks.
Beautiful open plan apartment with a kitchen that had the biggest fridge and oven I have ever seen and also the biggest plasma TV I have ever seen!
Has to be one of the nicest places I have ever stayed.
Very peaceful surroundings.

• Liked — It was so luxurious with all mod cons - even a dishwasher!
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2008

I had a really great time at this hotel. It is centrally located to give easy acess to all the parks and entertainment. We were there for 6 days and only used 1/2 tank of gas going to the different sites. The rooms are large and comfortable for two people, although the bed is a little cramped. There is limited eating utensils and cooking items. Bring your own wash cloth for the dishes, as you don't have a lot of towels either. There is no maid service unless you want to pay extra for it, which is no problem for me, as I don't like anyone in the room as I am out and about. The TV is limited to choice channels, not too many for a couch potato. There were a few "bugs" crawling around, but it is Florida, and they've been there longer. This is a great hotel, and there were children, but we didn't take ours. A good choice for the money!!

• Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vabeachlover36
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2008

I stayed at this hotel Feb. 16-19,2008. I was a bit surprised by the hotel. I read some bad and good reviews on the tripadvisor after I booked the reservation. I was afraid that I wasted my money.

After arriving at MCO airport I called the hotel to let them know I was on my way (this was around 11pm.) I got a voicemail prompt saying that the hotel front desk was closed. What?! I work in the hotel industry so I know that this was a little odd. Upon arriving, I was greeted by the night audit (thankfully).

Checked into room 112 and everything seemed nice. The pictures posted on here dont really do the hotel justice, but its actually not bad. It reminded me of a Motel 6/ Fairfield Inn by Marriott. The lobby and hallways were clean. The room itself was a lot bigger than I had expected.

Pro's of my stay
- good location (perfect for families and for people without cars)
- not far from the LYNX bus stop
-clean area
-very friendly staff
- room bigger than I had thought
-nice lobby and public areas

Cons
-King bed not really a king
-beware of rip offs from cabs! it should only cost $25-$30 not $45 which many cabs tried to charge me when I called for an estimate.
-no toliet paper!
- No cups
-the hotel had a pool but lacked a business center. the front desk agent was kind enough to print out my boarding pass at the desk
-paying for internet was a huge disappointment
-there were bugs in the bathroom as others have explained..
- Rushed on the day of checkout by housekeeping (knocked on the door even before checkout)
- When i called an asked the Front Desk for towels, they wanted me to bring down the dirty ones and then they would have clean ones sent up when they were ready...what?! This is a hotel isn't it? I understand not changing the bed (saves costs and the enviorment) but towels need to be changed.

Despite the unpleasent guests (bugs) and the towel issue, this hotel was not bad. Actually alright and I would stay again. They bug problem usually comes from other guests bringing them in. I know this again from my experiance in working in hotels (extended stay, full service, and resorts). Also, because there is a window in the room, i believe guests leave them open and they come on in. Overall, I do recommend this hotel, but when you checkin, just overlook everything. The front desk will be more than happy to change your room, but overall, I will stay again at this hotel

• Liked — location, pool, the lobby and public areas
  • Disliked — no toliet paper or cups. bugs in bathroom, rushed by housekeeping, no business center
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2007

Though a lot of things were annoying during my 4-night stay, I can't imagine others will suffer the same fate, which is why I gave it a 2-star rating. I liked the location. The staff was polite, but checking in took 35 minutes with no one else in line. The A/C was dysfunctional in the first two rooms and the third room had one that clicked on and off noisily. Dishes, utensils, and most hangers had been (presumably) stolen and basic amenities such as shampoo or paper towels were missing. Yet I slept well on the lumpy bed, at least until the late night conversations in the hallway woke me up each night. There wasn't even a ten dollar clock radio for the morning. Instead, a vile sticky substance coated the night table. Internet access (low cost) required daily documentation to log-in. The room key cards were extremely sensitive to cell phones, so I had to get new ones each day. However, assuming that a few of these issues were random, the hotel was not bad for the price I paid on Priceline.

• Stayed May 2007
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Triptaker365
Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2007

I stayed here twice last month and had different opinions of my two visits. The first stay was for two days and I had a room on the first floor. It was dark, not so clean, torn frayed carpet, hallway was dirty and had a lot of offensive cooking smells. I decided to not stay here again but already had a prepaid stay for later in the week.
The second stay was much better. I got a room on the second floor with clean air, clean carpet, and just everything in better condition. The room got a lot of sunshine and the window opened for fresh air. Basic accomodations and I just stayed there to sleep and watch a little TV. I would stay again if I could be sure of getting a room on the second floor.
The guests varied from construction workers, vacationeers, and some lowlife young people who liked to talk loud and leave their garbage laying around the hallways. Some of them even smashed ketchup and mustard packs soiling the elevator and carpets.
Managers and staff were pretty good except assigning me that junky room on my first visit. Looked like they tried to clean up after the deadbeats that couldn't act like human beings. Would probably stay there again as I spent most of my time in Disney and universal and just slept at the Homestead.

Stayed January 2007