Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall has several advantages and some disadvantages.
For those in transit, it is a nice choice, since its near Florida Turnpike, next to the 528, with a pretty easy access to the I-4. It has got a satisfying free parking zone as well. Since its placed at an area close to the entrance of Orlando, it's rather near the access to Disney's parks - a 25 min ride by car.
For those interested in shopping, Baymont is located in one of the main comercial axis of Orlando. On one side one can find Sam's Club, 1/3 mile away. On the other, Best Buy (1/4 mile away), CVS, Walgreens, McDonald's, Olive Garden and the Florida Mall Complex.
On Sands Lake Rd., in the middle of the way to the other shopping axis - which happens to be the International Drive - is the Walmart complex, with a Stapples and some other stores. The main disadvantage is the distance between South Orange Blossom and International Drive by taking Sands Lake Rd.: something like 5 miles, almost a 10 min ride.
As it is widely known, on International Drive one can found almost everything: two big outlets, one at each edge of the drive, pharmacies, plenty of restaurants (most of them have more than one branch there): Burger King, McDonald's, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Lobster Feast, Wendy's, KFC etc; Souvernirs shops, the Sea World complex and lots of hotels. For those who want to do things in a walking distance, the best would be staying on International Drive, as long as the deal with the hotel is worth it.
In case it is not, Baymont Inn stands as a good option a bit away from there: its complimentary breakfast is above average - apples, bagels, cream cheese, butter, two types of breads, juices and flans - in comparison to the other hotel's complimentary breakfasts. Not enough place for everyone to eat but the wait to get a table is not long.
The room is a bit outdated, but is somehow spacious and counts with the main things a family may need: iron/iron table; microwave, small fridge, toilleteries, cable TV and phone. We missed a safety box inside it; however, one may use an individual safety box at the front desk, no extra charge.
The cleaning is not that good and the towels are not in fine conditions. The service is regular. They don't allow a courtesy check out even for half an hour, which I thought was not fair, for by the time we arrived, the room was not ready and we had to wait for an hour to get into it. Another bad thing is that anyone can get into the alleys in the middle of the buildings and the frequency at the parking zone is not 100% safe, specially by night. A female truck driver approached me with a galon asking for fuel she was out of.
The colombian restaurant beside the hotel is ok, good cost-bennefit relation, such as Baymont Inn Florida Mall itself in overall terms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here at Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall, you can always count on first class accommodations and unsurpassed guest service. That's why we offer such luxuries as complimentary continental breakfast, a fitness center, outdoor over-sized pool, a kiddie's pool, Fax and copy service, non-smoking guestrooms, on-site laundry and same day dry cleaning service. Sleep late and enjoy our HOTEL EXCLUSIVE 2:00 PM Standard check out time. BREAKFAST As our guest, you will start your day off right, with our complimentary continental breakfast bar. Treat yourself to a variety of favorites like fresh Danish pastries, some of the best made French Toast and waffles, bread, bagels, cereal, milk, 2 types of fresh fruit, muffins, and more. Of course, there's plenty of hot coffee, tea and juice too! We guarantee you'll be satisfied! CLOSE TO EVERYTHING We're just a blink away from the 528 the beeline expressway, Florida Turnpike, and interstate 4. We're centrally located, and are within walking distance of the Florida Mall, the largest retail center in Florida! You'll find big names like Sak's Fifth Avenue, NORDSTROM, Lord and Taylor, Sears, J-C Penny, Macys, and Dillards. Visit the Florida Mall food court, with more than 20 outlet restaurants, movie theaters. We're a 10 minute drive away from Universal Studios Orlando and SeaWorld. The Walt Disney World Resort is 15 minutes' drive away. It's simply the best shopping, tourism and relaxing opportunity you have when you're away from home. BUSINESS TRAVELER Being on the road for business doesn't mean you have to be off track. Here at Baymont Inn and Suites Florida Mall, we give you plenty of room to relax and get the job done, offering such office-on-the-road musts as fax and copy services, a large well-lit desk with ergonomic chair, free high speed internet access, exercise room to help you unwind. For your convenience we are close to Orlando's corporate headquarters like Lockheed Martin, The Convention Center, Orlando International Airport, International Drive and downtown, join us at Baymont Inn and Suites Florida Mall for a relaxing and productive stay. FLEXIBLE MEETING SPACE Here at the Baymont Inn and Suites Florida Mall we could have stopped with spacious guest rooms and suites but we didn't. We thought you'd appreciate the value of flexible meeting space and a staff that can take care of all the details. No matter what kind of event you're planning, talk to our hospitality professionals today. It's just one more way we do more. WYNDHAM REWARDS POINTS Here at the Baymont Inn and Suites Florida Mall, you'll earn points for free stays or miles. This includes a free room upgrade, free U-S-A Today newspaper and late check outs. Please ask us about how you can receive Wyndham Rewards points during your stay with us and earn future rewards. Above all, it's free to enroll. POOL SAFETY Vacations by the pool are supposed to be fun, so please be safe. Never leave a child unattended in the water or pool area for any reason. If you must leave the pool area, take your child with you, making sure the pool gate latches securely when it closes. Have a safe and happy vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn And Suites Florida Mall/Orlando
- Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall/Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Baymont Inn Orlando
- Baymont Inn Florida Mall
- Orlando Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Orlando