“Average”

Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall
Ranked #292 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel it's self is kind of an older building. The rooms furniture needs to be renovated into something modern. Hated that most of the channels on the tv were fuzzy. On a positive note the bed was fairly comfortable. Loved that the pool was located in the center of the hotel. If you want a room with a sliding door it has to be facing the pool because all the exterior room sliding doors don't open for security reasons. The location is near the florida mall which is a plus so you can do lots of shopping. All in all hotel was what you pay for.

• Stayed: May 2014
CarolynH001, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please keep in mind we are still undergoing renovations. Our breakfast area has already undergone renovations; as we've installed new hardwood flooring. We have also been approved to undergo additional renovations for all the rooms; hardwood floors, as well as flat screen televisions in every room and we have ordered new bedding as well. Also, our lobby will feature a new look Business Center, so with these new additions we will be much better equipped to serve the growing needs of our valued guests such as yourself. With rooms easier to clean rooms will be more readily available.
Thank you once again and we hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall

Reviewed 11 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

To whom it may concern,
I stayed at this location yesterday and checked in roughly 2am and left 11:20 the next day. Upon entering the room we found the toilet full of toilet paper and the floor with multiple pieces of trash & food on the floor , the gentle was so nice at the front desk that we just got a plunger and resolved the issues ourselves . The following day I was woken by a cleaning woman pounding on the door . I left and headed the 45 minutes home. I received one missed call from a unknown number then multiple calls from a employees private cell accusing me of using a fake ID which was untrue , a card that wake fake which was untrue & smoking in the room. None of these things true . The voicemail was very rude , accusatory and harassing. I called this person back to explain that my florida ID had a New York address because I lived there but was a resident of Florida and Florida lets you put any proven address on your ID and my card provided was my job pay card & there was no smoking in the room ( I don't smoke ) my partner does & did on the provided balcony then dumped his butts in the toilet . She hung up on me and wouldn't listen . Then she called the sherifs office to accuse me of theft . I know have a warrant because I didn't have the $150 they wanted for the false claims.. I have never been so mistreated by a company or individual . I have multiple voicemails & texts harassing me from her personal cell phone . I've never had a problem with the law and now I have a warrant due to her complete ignorance .

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Brielc15

Dear Valued Customer,

We realize based on your comments that you may have believed there was a warrant out for your arrest but as per our email and voicemail we left you; at no time had anyone at the Baymont Inn & Suites FL Mall pursued any legal actions that would enable law enforcement to issue a warrant for your arrest. Our housekeeping staff did find cigarette butts in the trash and ashes in the toilet and a smoking odor in the room so it had been determined that our non smoking room had been smoked in. Also, the lack of a prompt 11am checkout led to a delay of our housekeepers to clean the room. However, as per our email and your response to our email both parties have decided to move on without any further contact.
Good day to you.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

This hotel fit right into my budget so I opted for this over Wyndham - International Drive. They put me in a king room on the side of the hotel with the restaurant on the side. It was soooo noisy. I stayed in my room for approximately 30 minutes and looked around. It was dingy and musty smelling. I went to the front desk and asked them to change my room or change my hotel. They switched my room and this room is much better. That is where I discovered they renovated half the hotel. Just pay extra and stay elsewhere. I will next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
CarolynH001, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your constructive criticism, there are still improvements to come as we are currently undergoing renovations. Our procedure dictates that we find our guests another room when the current one is not satisfactory if there is availability to do so. We apologize if you find that renovating the hotel displeasing but it is done in order to improve the quality of future stays. Our breakfast area has already undergone renovations; as we've installed new hardwood flooring. We have also been approved to undergo additional renovations for all the rooms; hardwood floors, as well as flat screen televisions in every room and we have ordered new bedding as well. Also, our lobby will feature a new look Business Center, so with these new additions we will be much better equipped to serve the growing needs of our valued guests such as yourself. With rooms easier to clean rooms will be more readily available.
Thank you once again for your review and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsey F

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#287 of 340 in Orlando
Florida Mall
Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall
Grand Hotel Orlando
#195 of 340 in Orlando

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall? Share your experiences!