“A great location for shopping & attractions.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall
Ranked #297 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Cairo, Egypt
“A great location for shopping & attractions.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2011

Baymont Inn & suits Florida Mall hotel is the best place to stay at Orlando if your first choice is to make shopping & you won't rent a car. Just in front of the hotel there is bus stations in both directions. Walking distance to Florida Mall which is the best mall at Orlando(7 minutes on foot). In front of Florida Mall there is a central bus station where buses go to Prime Outlet & Disney World.
I reserved a room for 12 nights but the front desk gave me a suite at the same rate although the original room was good enough. Everything in the hotel was great except the free breakfast which was acceptable but not so good, however the hotel is surrounded with all kind of good restaurant. Next to the hotel there is a gas station of 7/11 where you can buy wonderful donuts and what you may need from water,soda & other drinks. Don't rent a car,save your money & go to Baymont,use your foot or take the bus...don't forget to visit "Best Buy" five minutes walking if you need electronics.
The Suite was very clean & so wide,equiped with fridge,coffe maker , microwave & small kitchen. Master room with a nice bath , TV, in addition to ANOTHER bath & another TV in the entrance room....take my advice & you will never regret.....Have a nice vacation.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Managers25696, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review of my property. I actually have had the opportunity to use the public buses which are right in front of the Baymont Inn & Suites and I can tell you that the average wait for a bus is 5 to 10 minutes and if you just missed the bus on a weekend it is 15 to 20 minutes of a wait. The Florida Mall is an easy 15 minute walk door to door but if you wanted to take the bus it would be about a two minute bus ride, one minute if the light is timed right. The Orlando Convention Center and International Drive took me about seven minutes and Downtown Disney, where I took in a movie and dinner was an easy 15 minute ride. The time I have just quoted are not exaggerated, they are the actual times it takes to get to these destinations. There is also a bus to the airport and that takes around twenty minutes because of the stops. By car since we are right next to the highway it is only 7 minutes and if there were no tolls to be paid it would only take five to six minutes.
Deborah Loftis,
General Manager,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

I planned a trip to Orlando for work, not knowing all the areas we would have to go to during my training session, I took this hotel as it was the cheapest and seemed to have the best reviews from TA in comparison to pricier hotels in the area. While I can see I made several mistakes on my room, this had nothing to do with staff but choices I made when booking online and in person. I was attempting to couple a business trip with personal time with old friends so I did request a smoking room - obviously the room smelled heavily but I was aware of this so even though I never smoked a cigarette or saw my friends who do - it is what it is. A suggestion - my room was way in the back - close to the pool but perhaps because of the smoking thing - back by where the truckers have a parking lot - which can certainly keep you up if you're not used to idling and start up noise. Again, not really one to complain - those were the only things I found out of sort.

Otherwise, the staff was friendly, I loved that everyone, I mean EVERYONE said hello to me each morning as I went to get my breakfast in the lobby/diner area. It's a great breakfast, certainly a step and half above a typical coffee and doughnuts some places serve as continental. French toast was good, nice selection of fruit, cereals, juices, coffee/hot chocoloate/tea, etc. This was a nice time of the morning to prepare for my day and catch a little tv on the big screen. There is a nice Colombian restaurant next door Pollo Marco I think - I had several drinks at their bar and ate there as well - the ambience was nice, good food (great Puerto Rican special on Tuesday even though it's Colombian!) and reasonable prices.

I would certainly go to this hotel again, wish it had been warmer because the pool and jacuzzi looked nice. I was worried about security and walking around at night alone, the front desk assured me there was onsite security and I never felt out of sorts - it was also well lit. If I did go again, I would request to be put closer from the back section, but not a big deal overall as the wifi worked there and all over the hotel - no charges - another bonus.

I would be happy to answer any questions you have, just send me a note on here. Thanks!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Thanks for your overall great review. I look forward to seeing you here again in the near future. It's always a pleasure to deal with someone as refreshingly honest as yourself.
All The Best,
Deborah Loftis,
Virginia, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2011

Airport is only about a 20 minute drive. Easy access to all the theme parks. Florida Mall is about a 15 minute walk. Microwave and refrigerator in the rooms along with continental breakfast a plus. Had no problem staying an extra day as storms cancelled many flights. Computers with internet access very useful. Relatively quiet except for once in a while train passing through. The friendly staff and location are wonderful.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Plattsburgh, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2011

Overall, a pleasant stay. Stayed for 2 nights w/ some friends. While not in the best section of Orlando, it's a very nice hotel. Good price, room was very clean, all utilities worked fine (coffee was awful - other than that it was fine). Staff was extremely friendly as well. Would definately recommend.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Managers25696, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall, responded to this review, 28 January 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding my property. We strive our best to ensure that our guests have the best stay for the most reasonable rates. I really appreciate your remarks and I look forward to seeing you back in the near future.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2011

If your looking for a place that is centrally located, than this is it. Went for business for 7days stay. Front desk, was friendly and helpful. Rooms were quite large. Refridgerator, microwave, lots of closets. Bathroom had clean new towels and nice hot water pressure(large shower head) Bed was extra extra comfortable, I slept real good. Train came by maybe twice during the week, blew the horn for like 5 seconds, it wasnt that bad.
Breakfast was a little crazy.It seems that the hotel offers a free hot breakfast. Everyone and I mean everyone wants to eat at the same time. Creating crowds, Some people were mad because there was no bacon &ham, I laughed its a free breakfast, be happy with what you get. On my off time I went to Disney Epcot, Universal, Space center, malls, Daytona Beach and a quick trip to Tampa. The rent a car cost more than the Baymont rooms, admission to Disney, Universal over $100 each This hotel gives you value for your money. Dont tell them, or they will probably raise their rates. Airport under 10 minutes away.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such nice things about my property. I agreed with just about everything you had to say and I must say I found everything you had to say refreshing. We strive very hard to provide our guests with a very positive and memorable experience here at the Baymont Inn & Suites, and it makes me so happy to know that our hard work has paid off. I'm truly glad that you had a great stay at our property and enjoyed all the attractions and entertainment that Orlando, Florida has to offer as well. It will be an honor to have you here as a guest in the future and once again, I truly appreciate the wonderful things you had to write about my property.
u.s.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2011

i unfortunately stayed at this hotel as a result of of a hotwire purchase. I will never use hotwire again. Hotwire claims that this hotel is a 2.5* hotel, trust me, it's not. I think the best word to describe this hotel is crummy. it's old, feels dirty, smells of mold and funk, is near a railroad track that blows it's horn when going by, appears unsafe (it's one level with a maze of wings that are poorly lit), not in a good neighborhood and the air smells like a toxic waste dump (from the nearby sherwin-wiilliams plant? i dunno). the staff was friendly and pleasant though.

Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank jitbug
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2010

This Suite is nice and clean, it even has a sofa bed, refrigerator, microwave. it has a restaurant beside it or if you want more options you can just walk there are diners nearby. Its also near the florida mall which is just a $10 cab ride so all in all im pleased with the value. they also offer free internet access n printing. i stayed there for a week.

the only downside is that the front desk clerk was a little bit snobbish but other than that its all good. and its far from theme parks so you will pay a lot for a cab ride, other than that its good.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Managers25696, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall, responded to this review, 28 January 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding my property. We do strive to have 100% customer satisfaction. I'm sorry about the expensive cab fares. Unfortunately that I have absolutely no control over. The Florida Mall is about 1/2 a mile away from the property. The theme parks such as Disney, Animal Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney and Epcot are approximately 16 miles away, about a 15-20 minute car trip. Universal, Islands of Adventure, City Walk, Seaworld, Discovery Cove and the Convention center are all approximately 6 miles away, about a 10 minute car ride. If at all possible, the most convenient and least expensive way to go would be to rent a car. There is an Avis Car Rental next door which charges less than half the going rate of the airport rent a car centers. That front desk clerk whom you referred to as being a bit snobbish is no longer employed at this hotel. It was truly a pleasure having you and your family stay here on your vacation. I will look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Deborah Loftis, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#280 of 335 in Orlando
Florida Mall
Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall
Florida Mall
Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall? Share your experiences!