Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Ranked #147 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Calgary, Canada
“Great for WDW”
Reviewed 6 June 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 12 nights in May. The main attractions for us were the parks, and we were very happy with our choice of hotel. The bus service was excellent, pretty much always on time and never too full. The great thing is that Hilton guests get picked up first and dropped off first on the A line. Though there were a couple of times when the waterpark busses departed and returned earlier than the stated times, and we had to take a taxi to and from the waterpark. I'm not sure how full the downtown resort busses get at busier times of the year, but we had an easier time with transportation than when we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside on a previous trip. Housekeeping was great, even left towel animals on some days. Cleanliness of the room and overall decor were exactly what we'd expect from a Hilton. The double beds were on the smaller side, but it was no problem for the two of us. They were also very comfortable to sleep in. We dined at Benihana a couple of times, and must say the happy hour was excellent for sushi. The hotel was literally across the street from Downtown Disney, so it was very convenient. Do be careful when walking past the vacation club desks in the lobby. Do not stop to give them your time if you don't wish to be treated to an aggressive sales pitch. All in all, would definitely recommend for Disney vacation goers.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cixelsyd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (609)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Ok, so this is my first review... Me and my family stayed there yesterday and it was terrible... The issues were as follows... At first glance, it seems okay being in Disney and you would think it was a resort but it's really not.. Their is no resort features or anything else special about the place. It's no different then any other Conference Center Hotel... No amenities or pool slides or anything that would make it more a resort for family... Other then the bright colors on the rugs, their is nothing kid about it... They also charge extra for everything from parking to using the business center, Internet ect... They also charge per car and not just per room parking... So that was the reception... You start walking to the elevators, the Hilton resort people start their sales pitch to try to get you to visit their other resort for breakfast and sit thru a 90 minute presentation and they will give you a voucher or something for the kids to shop... I hate time share people... They say no pressure but its nothing but high pressure sales... Ok, so up to our room... 2 of 4 elevators are down.. I guess they were doing work.. We get up to our room and we are literally welcomes by trash!!! In front of our door was I guess someones room service, and bags with shoe boxes etc... I with two small children had to move the stuff out of the way and put to the side. I got into our room and it was ok but I requested a pool view and it wasn't.. Well in all fairness, you can see the pool if you turn your head far enough to the side.. Our view was more like roof tops... I called to request the trash picked up.. This was around 5 pm... Well we went to dinner and returned and trash still there.. Called again 10pm and lady said she would get with manager and take care of it right away... Well, we went to the pool w the kids and returned a little after 11 ( no jaccuzzi either which would of been nice as the night was breezy and you would think a resort would have) any, we get up to our room, and I guess someone must of kicked over the tray with room service and now there was broken glass and the trash was still there.... Literally my husband picked the stuff up and took it to the front desk.... The manager said nothing but sorry and that was it... Soon after housekeeping showed up with towels and said, did you request your room clean... Literally as she stand over the glass outside my door... I said don't you see what your stepping on... She looked at me funny and I simply shut the door... I was beside myself at the stupidity and lack of I don't know what I was expecting... Anyway, that was a terrible experience and no effort from management to make it right... I paid to be moving and disposing of trash and keeping my two and three year old from touching garbage as we entered and exited our room all evening.... I wanted so badly to leave but it was late at that point and I reserved thru price line and it would be a hassle as the hotel would need to call and cancel the reservation and reverse the charges and by the way they did things, it wouldn't of happened and I would pay for two hotels...
So beware... I see a lot of good reviews but that was not our experience and I didn't see anyone go out of their way other then the valley guys to make us welcome or even a friendly. Smile... The rooms show their age.. The ceiling paint in several areas especially our bathroom was peeling off. There was no waste basket in the bathroom ( toilet room) which is odd and the other waste baskets didnt have trash bags in them... The only thing okay was the beds as they are nice and soft but the are small in the dibble rooms only full size... The hotel doesn't have any resort feel at all in my opinion... Anyways this is my review.. I doubt I will even get a response from management to my review... That will be proof of how little they actually care about their guests.. But well see... I stayed in room 767

Room Tip: No spa either
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Aly918
Kihei, Hawaii
Reviewed 29 May 2011

We ended up at this Hilton after mistakingly booking it thinking it was the Hilton on Grand Champion Ave. Everything about this Hilton which we think of as the Hilton Resort Lake Buena Vista was perfect. Very comfortable bed and pillows, good central air, free internet, nice pool, complimentary bottled water and extremely helpful staff and valet. Prepaid non-refundable price was less then $90 on Expedia.
Walked over to Disney Downtown in the evening and managed to have a light breakfast for two for less then $7 at their cafe.
But as always, for us, it was a great night sleep and easy proximity to a nearby Whole Foods and the Amtrak Auto Train which made the stay worth 5 stars.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gary B
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We had a good family vacation here and definitely glad we budgeted more then we planned to spend! The kids were treated great at the resort and that is what mattered. Should have spent a little less on the room and more on attractions, but overall it was a very memorable trip.

Room Tip: Book far in advance!
  • Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank JessieIntheOC
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 22 May 2011

My great experience began with lightning-fast check-in! I was literally in and out the door in a matter of minutes.

The lobby is chic without being imposing or intimidating. Staff was plentiful and friendly. There is a large and comfortable bar area for congregating after meetings.

My room on the 2nd floor was just down the hall from some of the meeting rooms, and the others were not far away, either. The meeting areas were all nicely decorated and easy to find, with plenty of signage.

Having a room on the 2nd floor meant I could use any of the central staircases and avoid waiting for an elevator, a HUGE plus in my book!

Across the road is Downtown Disney, with plenty of restaurant choices. YES, they are expensive, but there was a discount coupon book at the Bell Stand that featured most of the restaurants (sidebar: EARL OF SANDWICH ROCKS! ).

The pools were sparkling and there was a covered walkway from the main hotel building to the outside/pool area.

Overall the room was nice. The bathroom had an outer sink and a sink in the main area. The lighting was unusually warm, despite the awful switch to CFL bulbs (pretty standard now). There was a mini fridge and nice TV. Beds were a little too soft but adequate.

The hotel has a 24-hour market as well as several restaurants and an ice cream counter. There is a STAFFED business center and 2 gift shops.

This hotel was the PERFECT blend of comfort and convenience. I would definitely return to this hotel!

Room Tip: 2nd floor was great for me! No elevator needed!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank TheRoamingGnomette
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 17 May 2011

The Hotel was better then what we thought it would be, we got two rooms that had a communicating door, our family is of seven four teenagers and a baby and having enough beds and two bathrooms was excellent, we did got a roll out bed as an extra, although it cost $15.00 extra per day it was worth it. The rooms area is very good, the beds were very nice, and the refrigerator a must for a party the size of ours. The baby enjoyed the pool more then everyone of us, we had breakfast a few times in one of the restaurants and the rest of the days we would buy it from the little market and eat in our room. At dinner time we loved to go to the open bar with all the children and order hamburgers cut in half and a few other things having a great dinner at a very good price with the convenience of charging everything to our room. Another great thing was the bus service to the parks and the extra hours which we used only once but it was worth it. The concierge helped with anything we needed for going to the Mall, to church and getting to any restaurant we wanted to go. The only thing I didn't like was the cost to use the internet on the business center, I believe that it could be included in the fee paid to the hotel, but at least it helped to keep me out of the business for those days. All in all the Hotel is great and we would return to it on any chance.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Acushco
Aldie, Virginia
Reviewed 12 May 2011

I understand that things happen and a hotel cannot control everything however my family went to Disney for a week long vacation and we had all the following issues at this hotel:
1) first room was infested with Mosquitos and our infant (as well as us) ended up with multiple welts from the bites--the finally agreed to give us a new room because we were uncomfortable with them spraying chemicals (again, we have an infant)
2) Within an hour of the move we realized our baby's no tear bath didn't make it--and it was no where to be found and the Hilton could do nothing to assist us so we had to pay for a taxi to find a local grocery store to buy more
3) The cleaning service only visited our room ONCE during our stay and only because I hunted them down and asked them--and then they didn't do a full cleaning but we did get clean towels, it would have been nice to have some clean glasses for drinking
4) At 12:30am one morning security let a stranger into our room and woke up our infant--management didn't even approach us about this incident, we had to ask about it--Shouldn't they have checked the guest registry and an ID before opening our door to a stranger????
5) The hotel deactivated our room keys the day of check out instead of waiting until 11am (the check out time) so when we left our bags in our room to do some last minute shopping before catching our shuttle at 10:30am we came back to a surprise- went to the front desk to correct--they got to wrong again, had to call security causing us to be a little late to our shuttle
6) One of the contracted bus drivers to shuttle guests to and from the parks was extremely rude to guests and actually tried starting a fight with one of the guests one morning

To top it all off, I wrote Hilton because I was rather displeased and the manager sent me a two day voucher good for 12 months at his hotel in Orlando--I live in Virginia and just returned from a family vacation in Orlando...While it was a nice guesture it seemed more like a marketing ploy than a true apology for poor service, lack of management and an overall bad experience of a guest.

On a positive note, the hotel is in a good location, buses did run on time (most of the time) and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family