This Hilton seems to serve two main purposes, as a conference center and as a place to stay for people visiting the Disney parks. This provided a great balance of atmosphere and clientele in the hotel, a few families with excited kids, and a few business types and not overwhelmingly one or the other. Great for when you've been at the parks all day and just want to wind down away from the Disney for a bit.
The hotel, while not new, still feels modern and stylish, with a nice big lobby with plenty of seating and comfortable rooms with space to spread out. Comfortable bed and a large bathroom with a separate basin area, so one person can use that while another showers. Good for families or if you're sharing a room. The 'queen size' bed was a little on the smaller size though, seemed more like a double to me. There's also plenty of storage space in the wardrobe and drawers, and a big desk if you need to get work done. Hhonours members also get free in-room WiFi. There's a little wear and tear evident in the rooms, but it's really nothing major. It was also a little noisy near the lifts as people head up and down the corridors, but again, nothing more than most hotels. Maybe ask to stay away from the lifts if you're a light sleeper.
Getting to the Disney parks is easy with a shuttle bus from the hotel each morning from 8am, running every 30 minutes. The buses stop at a couple of other hotels in the area before heading to the parks, and there are two routes each servicing two of the parks. So from the hotel to the park can take around 40 minutes or more - if you want to be at the parks for opening, you need to be on the 8am bus.
This hotel is also the only non-Disney hotel that gives you Extra Magic Hours at the parks, which is a great perk allowing you to either go in early or stay later after normal closing time, depending on the park calendar for that particular day. The shuttle buses will continue to run until 90 minutes after the later closing time as well, so you can still get back to the hotel at 1:30am! Also, the Hilton is the first hotel stop on the way back, so you'll be the first off the bus. Very handy when you're exhausted from the day out and you just want to be in bed!!
There's a 24-hour coffee shop in the lobby, with extremely average coffee, nice bagels and pastries and lots of various packaged food, so you can grab a snack any time you want. There's also a sports bar and a Benihana restaurant. Downdown Disney is also just a short walk away, past the nice looking pool area.
Overall if you're looking for somewhere to stay during your WDW adventure, for a very reasonable price, I'd definitely recommend the Hilton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista is located in the Walt Disney World® Resort, connected via Skybridge to the best of Disney shopping, dining and entertainment at Disney Springs®. Experience the ideal getaway in one of our 814 deluxe guest rooms or upgrade to a junior suite, one-bedroom suite, or even an upper floor guest room for stunning views of Disney Springs®. The resort also features seven restaurants and lounges, a 24-hour marketplace serving Starbucks® coffee, two outdoor resort pools, 24-hour fitness center and business center. As an official Walt Disney World® hotel, our guests enjoy complimentary, continuous shuttle transportation to all Disney theme parks, a Disney character breakfast Sundays at Covington Mill and an on-site Disney Store. Beginning January 1, guests of the hotel will have access to Walt Disney World theme park Extra Magic Hours benefit! Theme park admission and special voucher received at check-in will be required. Valid for stays through December 31, 201 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton In Walt Disney World Hotel Orlando
- Hilton Hotel Orlando
- Walt Disney Orlando
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area Florida