Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Ranked #136 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Plainfield, United States
“avaerage Hilton”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Nohting outstanding about this Hotel. Could use a coffed shop open for dinner, as dinner choices are limtied to expsensive Itallian or Benihana or buying food in the market and eatin gin your room. Heating/ventilation was not workign well in my room.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Caglary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed at the this hotel for a conference. Overall I had a very nice experience. The hotel had all the amenities I needed and the location provided plenty of choice for restaurants, etc. in the area. All the staff were very pleasant to deal with and I would stay here again. The only complaint I had was the lack of lunch restaurant options at the hotel.

Jenks, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Arrived here after our Disney Cruise for a post stay.
Checked in and weren't upgraded, didn't have our HHonors number on file....they blamed American Airlines for not putting it in.....I put it in myself, so don't blame American Airlines. I think the breakdown was with Tourico Holidays, so if you are going to blame someone get it right. Or simply just add the number and go on with it.....
We went to our room to find we overlooked a parking lot. Wow! What a nice perk of being a diamond member.
One of the pillows was missing off the bed.
No soap for shower.
Safe was left locked, we could not get in and didnt want to wait on your staff to come unlock it.
The bathroom was horrendous, I seriously think there was black mold in the bathroom. (room 792) The bathroom had been painted over multiple times to cover it.
Nice location to downtown disney, thats the only compliment I can give.
We travel a lot and my husband stays in Hilton's 3-4 times a month, and we were very disappointed.
We will never stay here again or recommend the property.
Too bad since we are annual passholders at Disney.
And too bad because if you would have done the simple things before allowing us to checkin, we may have returned. (unlock the safe, make sure all pillows were on bed, soap in bathroom, and not give a Diamond member a crappy room)
No, we did not receive a discounted rate......we paid full price and are pretty easy to please.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Heard
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
We truly value all guest feedback and do our best to ensure they have an enjoyable stay. We've shared your detailed feedback regarding your recent visit . Your input will help us to ensure we remain one step ahead of our guests' needs and we hope we can invite you back for the hospitality you know and expect. If there is anything else we can do for you, certainly do not hesitate to let us know.

Kind regards,
James Grosso
Pasadena, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Have been to numerous hotels in WDW area. My former favorite was easily Hilton Bonnet Creek. I only booked this hotel because I found a great package deal. I really wasn't expecting to like it!! Many reviews have complained about the $22 resort fee, ok I don't love it, but at least I got something for it. At HBC, I felt like I got absolutely nothing for it. Here you get Extra Magic Hours, Starbuck's coffee (or bottled water), free wifi, frequent bus service to parks, free DVD rentals, and super-convenient access to Downtown Disney. I arrived at 6:30 AM, and the receptionist was condescending and rude. That was my only complaint. Since she was rude to me at an exceptionally UNbusy time, I casually mentioned that she must have been missing my Hilton Honors account number, no, in fact she had it, she just thought it was appropriate to be rude to me because I booked through a third party. How very short-sighted of her. She charged me $25 for early check-in--I have never even heard of such a thing, but I agreed as I was dying to take a shower!! I loved being able to roll out of bed, cross the street and go to Wolfgang Puck for breakfast before the crowds hit Downtown Disney. I always rent a car when in Orlando, but it's easy to imagine staying here without one and still having a great time. There were a lot of business people there when I was there and frankly I don't see why they would choose this location as the true beauty of this hotel is the stunningly convenient access to WDW. They did not credit my Honors account for this stay. I made almost the exact same trip a year ago & stayed at Hilton Bonnet Creek and they were happy to give me Honors points.

Room Tip: Nice view from higher floors. Did not here any road noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Boynton Beach, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

The facilities were above average, but that is expected from a property at Disney World. The bed and room were very comfortable. However, a problem with the electronic key re-set at check in left a lot to be desired.

1 Thank Donald C
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

We had a 5 night stay at the Hilton...first and last night were for fun, middle 3 nights were for business. That resulted to 3 separate reservations due to the business room block.

Issues: Front desk has ZERO personality. With each new "reservation" we had to get our room keys re-keyed. That was not explained to us until we tried to get in our room on the 2nd day and we were locked out. We had to pay the resort for days for the 1st and last nights, which included starbucks coupons. We were not given those, so we had to go back and ask.

I ordered choc covered strawberries to be delivered upon arrival, 2 hours later I was calling to find out where they were? We can't find your order....it was finally found and sent up. Too late.

I ordered extra towels and pillows, they never arrived our whole stay. The bathroom toiletries were only refilled every other day.

Also, if this hotel has Disney benefits that should include being able to park at the parks for free like the other Disney hotels.

So the highlight of our stay was the VALET SERVICE. Seriously, this was the most helpful and caring bunch of men I have ever met in the hotel business. Not only do they get your car quickly, but they offer hospitality, directions, water....just absolutely they best service ever. Kudos to the entire valet staff. Maybe the valet staff should train the front desk??!!

The rooms are ok, nice view of the fireworks at night and of Epcot.

I would never stay here again. Just too many annoying issues.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
We're sorry to hear that you did not receive the consistent service and friendly hotel throughout all of your stay. We've personally thanked our valet team for their commitment to hospitality and will review your comments about service with the appropriate departments. Thank you for your review and feel free to contact us if you have any additional comments or suggestions.

Kind regards,
James Grosso
Neptune, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

Attended a conference at this hotel. Everything was convenient. the first hotel.just across from Downtown Disney. Ate at Benihana restaurant in the hotel, which was standard for the chain. It was very easy to move from conference to hotel room, and the food at the banquet was very good. I would recommend this hotel for either business or pleasure, as we did a little of each.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple