I have stayed in various hotels around Magic Kingdom and have often found them to be quite lacking. You don't tend to always feel as though you're actually in Disney, and the transport to and from the parks is often the most challenging part of your stay.
Not so with the Hilton, it has a pretty decent transport system whereby buses leave for MK and Epcot every half hour. In any case, Downtown Disney is literally across the street giving you access to the Disney Transportation system. Additionally, you have have packages delivered from the parks direct to the hotel.
There are several food establishments within this hotel. The Covington Mill provides breakfast and lunch and the bar serves food until quite late. There are also another couple of restaurants within the hotel (which I didn't visit). The Covington is ok-ish. It serves typical buffet fare for $19. It's more on a Sunday when Minnie Mouse and some characters from Song of the South are present. Generally, the food is lackluster and the service is pedestrian at best. Having said that, the best server I encountered was Leigh who as well as been an excellent, efficient and wonderful waiter, also knew all the parks and local shopping inside out. Well worth a visit just to get served by this champion!
Checking in was a slight challenge, even at quite busy times they appeared to have just two receptionists working (there were a number of conference guests and families checking in), so don't expect a speedy check-in. Also be aware that a "resort fee" and a room tax are added to your bill. You do however have free wifi and a cup of coffee every day for this fee as well as use of the buses.
The concierge are amazing; especially Indira who can hook you up with all sorts of tables at cool restaurants. They should probably be your first port of visit once you're settled.
The hotel facilities were ok; a reasonable gym, 2 large pools, a paddling pool and two Jacuzzis plus rocking chairs and hammocks dotted around the estate. There is a laundry downstairs (be warned $3 per wash, $3 per dry; and only accepts credit cards).
Notwithstanding the busy reception desk, I am very likely to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in the Disney Springs™ area, the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista hotel is steps from exciting theme parks and popular tourist attractions. Shuttle transportation to Disney Theme Parks is included in your stay. On Sundays, take the kids to a Disney Character Breakfast. Relax in two outdoor, heated swimming pools, children's spray pool or tropical outdoor spa. Savor a variety of cuisines at one of the seven restaurants and lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton In Walt Disney World Hotel Orlando
- Hilton Hotel Orlando
- Walt Disney Orlando
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area Florida