“Great Location But the Hotel Is Looking Tired”

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Ranked #149 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We've stayed here a few times. The last being in April. If our preferred hotel (Hilton Bonnet Creek) is booked we usually will try to stay here. You can't beat the location of the hotel. Especially, being able to walk across the street to Downtown Disney. We've always found the staff to be friendly, courteous & helpful. The pool area and the grounds are nice.But, during this stay I found our room to be a bit dirty & getting tired and old. As a Hilton Honor Member it's a little disappointing to have to say that. Because of the location...We'd probably stay here again. But, if we do...it's because our first choice has no availability.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rgnfl

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We reserved an excellent AAA deal for the Memorial Holiday $ tops in the area. This hotel is part of the Disney family so we were able to take part in the Disney transport network and also use the extra magic hours. Few people ,cool weather = YAY !! Being at Magic Kingdom at 3 A.M. riding space mountain sure is magical :)
This hotel is right next to Downtown Disney, you are only a cross walk away. The hotel has a nice pool open 24 hrs, 3 restaurants, a sports bar , and our favorite café / market open and staffed 24 hrs where you can order Starbucks coffee, fresh pizza, or a hot sandwich any time of the day/ night. Our room was exceptionally clean, got my wife's nose seal of approval (she is very picky). Most definitely coming back here,

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We just stayed here for the Memorial Day weekend to take our kids to Disney. It is conveniently located on property, and right across the street from DownTown Disney, so that is nice. They run a shuttle to the parks every 30 minutes if you would rather not drive or pay for parking at the parks.

It was well priced for us, and the only real problems we had were that they kept charging $150 deposits to our credit card. 3 times within the first 24 hours. Not a huge deal, but annoying. My only other complaint was the wi-fi - the code they gave us kept expiring while online, so that was frustrating as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tal P
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been staying at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista, for work on Memorial Day Weekend, now for the past 15yrs! The staff have always been very accommodating and genuinely nice.
This past weekend I got a chance to enjoy the pool and was impressed. The pool servers (Drew & Jackie) were very prompt and kept the smiles going the whole time-even with the chaos that is Memorial Day Weekend. Best food service I have ever had poolside! A++! The food was great and they even had drink specials for the holiday.
I was in need of directions and a very friendly security officer, Jason, was more than helpful in getting me where I needed to go and even gave me a good recommendation for dinner in the area. Seeing him roaming the area gave me a since of safety and I really appreciated him taking time out to answer my questions with a smile.
I should also mention my check-in was the best I have ever had here. Maggie greeted me with a smile, gave me all the correct information for my conference, and even got me into a room promptly.
I will definitely be back next year!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your kind words! We are lucky to have host you for 15 years! not too many people can say this. I appreciate you writing on Tripadvisor about your experience with our awesome staff, and know the will be recognized on their excellent customer service.

Hope to host you for 15 more!

All my best,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have stayed in this hotel several times, and it is the best location if you want to spend time in Downtown Disney/Disney Springs. The staff is always nice and the rooms are pretty quiet. The restaurants are overpriced and not that good- we once spent $16 downstairs for breakfast for 2 OJ's and 2 coffees. You can eat a lot better at the restaurants at Downtown Disney, and it is WDW so it's all expensive. Also, the location is good for getting on a resort bus at downtown Disney and visiting other property resorts and eating there. The price is comparable to the Disney value resorts and much better than those in terms of services. Best for locals or people in Florida spending a few days at Disney, but don't want or need to spend money for all the extras included in the price of a Disney resort.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan H
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I received an email the night before check out stating, "in anticipation of your departure" please review your folio. At check out I asked the front desk for a bill, they said review the bill I was emailed and if ok, then check out by calling down with their automated system. I did just that and that was the only bill I was emailed. I printed and submitted my expenses for work. 2 weeks later, I then saw on my CC that I was billed another night. The bill that was emailed to me was missing the final night.The GM of the property, Mr. Grosso, defended this policy. I understand if I had breakfast or some AM charge, but otherwise I would think the bill they sent me to review "in anticipation of my departure" would be final unless I bought something else. It was after 6pm so obviously that night should have been charged. Why would they send an incomplete folio for check out? To me, this process is deceptive! At least they should email a final bill the day after check out, so people traveling on business (or anyone) can have a correct report. Don't up-sell and hope the guest doesn't notice the change on their CC. I wouldn't stay here again or book work/business/meetings here. It is not the only hotel in Orlando and you should find one that doesn't try to mislead their guests.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank P J
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Joy M as we have discussed when we spoke , the invoice of charges you are referencing were for the current anticipated charges and did not include the last night of your stay , its states anticipated , as additional charges can always materialize to your account . This was requested to be provided the day prior to you , which did not include the last night of your stay . Thank you for your follow up and feel free to contact us directly if you have any additional comments or concerns.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This has been one of the most relaxing, blissful birthday vacations. The staff is genuinely warm, friendly, and thoughtful. Location perfect for all the attractions and the food yummy. The opening hours of the pools etc are perfect. It's nice to take a dip later in the evening, after a busy day of rides and waiting in lines.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Mmc523
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear guest, thank you for your great comment on our poolside service. I am pleased to read our servers are doing an awesome job out there.
Come see us again! Now that the real Florida heat starts there's going to be plenty of fun in the sun.

Best regards,