Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Ranked #149 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 17 July 2014

great weekend. felt like like royality. great location, close to evry thing we wanted to do, wonderful staff. when weleft we forgot a valueable item,security shiped it to me and ireceived it the next day, a truly efecient and weel trained staf.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear guest, I am especially happy you received your valuable item in a timely manner. Thank you for your kind words in this review, and congratulations on your birthday! Come celebrate 81 with us!

All my best,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have stayed on WDW property for the last 7 years and we always start with a good breakfast in the hotel. All our other meals are then taken in the parks or in Downtown Disney.

Our 1st stay on WDW property was across the road at The Wyndham, however their breakfast offering was poor. So the next morning we tried the breakfast across the road at the Hilton and were blown away by the quality of the food and the wait staff in their Covington Mill restaurant. So much so that we crossed the road for breakfast each morning for the next 6 days!!

For all our subsequent 6 visits we have stayed at the Hilton because of their superior facilities and general upmarket quality.

However......on our last trip (24 June to 6 July) the wait staff at breakfast in the Covington Mill could not have cared less. We were consistently met with sour faces and an attitude that would make you run for the hills - what on earth has gone wrong at the Hilton??

The only ray of light was when we were served by a waitress called Ya-Ling on the 2nd morning who's beaming smile and happy disposition salvaged what was a truly disappointing experience. Unfortunately, the wait staff get moved around each morning (I guess to even out the tipping potential) and we mainly ended up with the sour pusses.

However, on the 5th day we specifically asked for and got Ya-Ling whom we tipped double what we were leaving the other wait staff. And just like a touch of Disney magic, the transformation in the attitude of the other waitstaff when they heard how well we got on with Ya-Ling and the 100% uplift in tip we gave her was like switching on a light bulb.

But it was too late for them - either you genuinely want to please your guests no matter what tip they leave or you don't! Suffice to say that despite their sudden miraculous change in facial expression and fawning, the other wait staff still only received the same rate we gave them when they could care less.

Were not saying this hotel should be avoided - far from it. We're just saying it's little things like the quality of the wait staff that can take a hotel from being just good to great and back down again.

Room Tip: Always ask for a high floor and ensure it is at the far end of the corridor away from: the ice room...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Steve S
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This Hilton is a little more bare bones than other Hiltons we've stayed at, but still a great choice. The room was on the small side, and sparsely decorated, and our particular room had a view of the roof of the hotel. HOWEVER, it was clean, comfortable and quiet--what we look for! The staff throughout the facility was friendly, courteous, helpful. We had a problem with the refrigerator in our room not cooling and the vent fan in the bathroom sounding like an airplane taking off. I mentioned it to the front desk the morning after our first night, and both issues were fixed by the time we got back to our room that afternoon. We liked having the 24-hour Market open for snacks, etc. whenever you wanted it. A huge plus to this facility is that it is part of the Disney transportation system--you can get a bus to and from all the different Disney locations, which is a great relief after a long day at the Parks! Also saves money on parking at the Parks. One note to Hilton management: if you want to encourage your guests to reuse towels (to save water, etc.) which we are HAPPY to do, then you need to install some towel racks or hooks in the bathroom! There is nowhere to hang wet towels, and we really didn't want to drape them all over our bedroom.

Great place--we would definitely return.

Room Tip: If a "view" is important to you, make sure you tell them when you check in!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Terry928
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I find it a great shame people have left some bad reviews for this hotel. It is the first hotel I have ever stayed in that I cannot find fault with. I have stayed here twice and certainly plan to go again, again and again!

It's in a perfection location with the brilliant Downtown Disney literally across the road and free shuttle buses to all the Disney parks.
There are 2 pools here and both are beautiful - never too overcrowded.
The rooms are extremely clean and very comfortable. I always have a wonderful nights sleep here feeling very refreshed before or after a long park day!
The breakfast is always top notch with a large variety for all tastes and there is also a small shop to buy snacks and drinks from during the day.
The staff are always helpful and friendly when checking in and when you need information about the surrounding area etc.

Honestly, if you're like me and cannot afford a Disney hotel but don't want to be as far away from the Disney fun as International Drive you cannot get much better than this.

Miss it everyday!
Stayed here in Summer 2012 & 2009.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlotte C
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I had a great experience. I would recommend a stay here for anyone who is looking to be close to Downtown Disney or the parks. I came on a business trip and brought my two teenage daughters. They were able to just walk across the street to Downtown Disney during the day while I was at my conference and we visited the parks in the evening at a discounted rate.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am so glad you and your daughters had a wonderful experience with us. It's certainly the perfect scenario for the young ones to enjoy while dad is working hard!

We all look forward to hosting you and your family in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This property is absolutely wonderful! The rooms were very beautiful & the apartments made you want to live there. They were more like apartment homes and I didn't want to leave! My wife and I will be staying there again in the near future and I can't wait to be in my home away from home!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank James B
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Booked this hotel part of a package and everything came out as expected or maybe even better! Comfortable clean and spacious room. Breakfast was exquisite and the kids were thrilled! Being able to rent unlimited disney movies for the kids was the best and kiddy pool and arcade just made it better. 5 min walk to downtown disney was awesome! First family vacation and the expectations were incredible. Definitely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle Z
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

What a great family memory. I am so happy we were part of it! Thank you for sharing your magical experience, and for recommending our hotel to friends and family. I'm sure they're expectations will also be met.

All my best,