“My preferred hotel in Orlando” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Ranked #144 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
São Paulo, Brazil
“My preferred hotel in Orlando”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

It was the 2nd time I stayed in this hotel. This time we had a few problems. We arrived in Orlando around 9am and at the hotel about 11am. For our surprise our reservation was cancelled as we did not showed up on the day before! The point is, I called myself the hotel a couple days before tellibg about my late arrival but they did not kept notes about it... They made arrangements for an upgrade abd we stay at a different room for 1 night and in the other day we changed for the room that we booked.
This hotel is the best one to stay in Orlando, super convenient and close to Downtown Disney.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Marcos D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
St petersburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

This hotel has to be our favorite place to stay when we visit Disney. On average, we stay here 4 times a year. The reason that we love this hotel is the people that work there and the phenomenal service they provide. The front desk employees will always do their best to accommodate our needs. The main reason we continue to stay at this hotel is the valet staff. I know this sounds crazy but they treat you like friends and make you want to come back. Wainwright is the most friendly, hardworking, genuine man. I am so happy to see him every time we visit and he remembers us each time. I truly hope that Hilton understands what a gem of an employee they have in Wainwright, he and the rest of the valet staff create that positive first impression that is so important.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Libbycarp
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear guest, you've made my day with your comment. Not only do I appreciate you coming back to visit us, but I sincerely care about our wonderful staff, and I am pleased to read they are remembered and valued as such. Thank you kindly for your loyalty. See you soon!

Best regards,
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at the Hilton on the Walt Disney property in Lake Buenavista. The hotel was absolutely beautiful, clean, had everything you would want from it's several different restaurants to the 24 hour Starbucks cafe that offers coffee, Danishes, sandwiches, soda, beer and anything else that you could need anytime of the day or night. The pools were clean and well kept and my son had a lot of fun in them. The staff was exceptional and it was close to everything so you can park your car and not leave your hotel as it has everything that you need. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone and will visit again. I would recommend spending the extra $4.00 for parking per night to have the valet park your car.

Room Tip: Awe had 2 different rooms, but if you want one that smells like it just had a downpour in it (in a g...
1 Thank Jim L
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear guest, thank you for your review. We take much pride in our hotel and exceptional service. I sure hope we can welcome you again in the future.
All my best,
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This resort is across the street from Downtown Disney (5 minute walk). It is an aging Hilton hotel but still has very modern public areas. The rooms are clean and functional but do show their age via poorly completed renovations (square openings in shower for fixtures but the fixtures are round leaving open space and other minor stuff like that). I did not like that they limit air conditioning temp to 68! The front desk staff was friendly and efficient and the pool is very large. If you are staying outside of a Disney resort, this is a great option because it's close to Downtown Disney and it has it's own Disney transportation.

2 Thank zhq01
Beaver Creek, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

In Orlando once again for a trade show. I don't stay at Hilton much but I was looking forward to trying out a new hotel. It got off to a bad start when Luis from the valet parking staff told me I could either valet my rental car or park it on my own and I had to make this decision right away because he would not be able to hold my car in the front area. I asked if I could check-in quickly and then run to the trade show but Luis was not going to budge and he was quite rude about it..please retrain Luis on how to be friendly and kind to guests of the hotel. The hotel is average and most of the employees were just going through the motions. Orlando has many, many hotels so next time I will be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank wolfpak13
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
We appreciate that you chose to stay with us for the trade show in Orlando. We understand how first impressions can be lasting impressions and we regret you were not greeted with the friendly service we expect. We have addressed your concerns and apologize for the inconvenience. We only hope you'll give us a second chance to make a great first impression.

Kind regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We took a family weekend getaway and the stay was very nice. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The housekeeper made swans out of towels and placed them on our beds. The restaurants had very good food. We had bad service in the breakfast restaurant and the manager was very accommodating and helpful. We will definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Madrid, Spain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Really disappointed at the below average hotel we stayed at during our first Disney visit. The bed sheets were dirty, with what looked like make-up staines. The towels were even worse as the had red staines on them (make what you want of the source of these red staines). When we asked them to be changed, the floor staff were extremely rude and unhelpful, and it made us feel as if we were doing something wrong for complaining. The floors have a terrible, stained carpet and our fridge didn't work so had to get that changed too. Our phone in the room didn't work either so we had to go down to complain in the middle of the night to reception in our PJs. A disaster

The only positives are 1) the location and the fact that you get to enjoy disney's extra magic hours, 2) that the management team at least tried to make up for the terrible experience by upgrading us and giving us a night off the total price we paid... however, I would rather have done without all the hassle of having to complain on several occasions due to the several problems we had.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank sebu1985
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
We completely understand your frustration and appreciate your valuable feedback. We certainly never want our guests to experience any service missteps while staying with us and we're glad we could try and alleviate some of your concerns. Your comments will help us to improve our services and better serve you and future guests. We hope we can invite you back for a more comfortable stay.

Kind regards,