“Clean Business Hotel With Access to the Parks”

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Ranked #135 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Clean Business Hotel With Access to the Parks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We booked a the last minute to meet up with family. The hotel was clean, up to date and convenient for adults to get to the parks. As diamond members we had a great stay. We found the breakfast in the lounge to be good. On a whole I would compare it to the swan and dolphin resorts by the parks. Better in the service and upkeep but not as great of location (However the location was nice next to the Downtown shops and Disney Transportation Stop). The deal breaker would be the price it is much cheaper then the two on site starwood resorts. Use this hotel if you one have older kids or are adults going to the parks. the hotel provides transportation which is ok... alternatively you can venture out and explore the parks via transfer at a Disney hotel transportation depot across the street.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank LVHotelGuy
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Hello traveler! First of all thank you for your loyalty to the brand! I appreciate your comment and comparison to our competition, we sure like to stand out for our price and service, and I'm glad we delivered. Hopefully you will continue to choose us when in town. Best regards, James Grosso

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
NYC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I visited the property again after staying here several times previously with mixed experiences. My original reservation was for two nights. I got in late due to a flight delay, and arrived shortly before 11pm. There was a ton of construction going on in the Downtown Disney area (not the hotels fault but there is no mention of this that I could find in my reservation, or suggestion to use alternate route). I was stopped at least 3 times by lights that seemed to take over 5 mins to change given their multiple directions. I have made this trip many many times from MCO to this hotel and it never took this long, I was very tired.

When I checked in, I was asked what the occasion was and I told the agent it was my birthday. She smiled, wished me a Happy Birthday and then took my card and said she noticed I was a Hilton Diamond member and my credit card is on file. She then asked if it was my first time staying there, and I said no it's probably my tenth (why they don't have this information before they ask is weird). She was nice, and talked me through the shuttle schedule (which I didn't need as I had a car but I didn't want to interrupt her), told me about the Extra Magic Hours (which weren't applicable to me at that hour ) and then told me "the parking system was down" so she would charge my account and I just have to have the parking clerk check the computer any time I leave. She then sent me on my way to the 8th floor.

While I booked a standard king room, I will admit I was disappointed when I get a room facing the highway as my previous stays (even before I got Diamond status) were on the Executive floor, the hotel was not full, and there really was no attempt at all at upgrading me. I understand I got in late, but most Hiltons usually block the nicer rooms in advance for most loyal customers. The hotel definitely was not full.

When I went to turn in for the night, I noticed the room was warm and I couldn't get the thermostat below 68 (it definitely was not 68 in the room but the AC could not be heard). I settled into bed and turned on the TV, only to find that many of the channels had very bad reception. I got annoyed and went down to get water and a snack, and when I got to the 24 hour store in the lobby, the guy had literally put all the food away except for candy and stuff.

The next morning I called the Front Desk and asked to leave a day early. After reading me the rules about 5 days advance etc. (without actually asking why I wanted to leave or if there was anything they could do)...they let me leave without extra charge because I was a Diamond member (I am glad that benefit worked for something). I did not get a good night's rest because the room was warm and the AC would not come on as cool as I wanted it to. I also found no laundry bag in the room.

I left and went to a nearby Disney property for my second night. This Hilton in Downtown Disney used to be one of the highlights of my stay, with great service, offerings, maintenance. In my opinion it really is suffering on many levels and perhaps this is why rooms are going for as low as $79 for a full service Hilton in such a prized location.

I will not plan to return to this Hilton, but do give credit to Hilton Bonnet Creek where I previously stayed and had a far superior experience. Overall, even though the Extra Magic Hours benefit is cool and it's nice to find a full service Hilton in Orlando now charging the same rate as Disney's All Star....the service was disappointing and the sleep was uncomfortable. That will be the memory I take with me going forward of this once truly terrific Hilton property.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Red_Dolphin-Media
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Excellent Getaway Package - decided last minute to take the kids to Disneyworld / Universal - after 2days of searching internet - came across JetBlue - first time on JetBlue and first time staying at this Hilton property. It was fantastic...from the time I booked; departed; arrived at hotel - JetBlue vacation staff were spot on. The Hilton LBV was "fantastic" - after leaving NYC on 6am flight - arrived at Hilton to find that our room was available "excellent" with a few complimentary items "nice"; room "extremely comfortable"; Sunday brunch with characters was "delicious"; 24hour market "wonderful". With a 5 minute walk to Downtown Disney, it was great for last minute dinner / ice cream. Hilton's shuttle bus to Parks, on time; quick to and from the parks "convenient" The two pools were "refreshing" and "fun" . I have been to many Disney Hotels (AK, ASM, SS) - and I now think we are going to stick with the Hilton (same privileges as Disney hotels).....All around great experience with Hilton LBV and JetBlue.....

3 Thank Kathy M
Dear guest, this is very good to know. I haven't seen a comment about JetBlue's packages and I have to say I'm very thrilled to learn they are spot on, the airline is phenomenal, so I'm sure they deliver great service throughout! Thank you for trusting them and us as your preferred Disney hotel for this trip, and I hope we continue to host you when in town.
Best regards, James Grosso
florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We chose this hotel because we were planning in going to see Cirque du Soleil at downtown Disney. We were very pleased with the place. Rooms were very clean. Loved queen beds and the shower! The water pressure was amazing. No dust in the rooms. Sheets very clean. When we told Charles at the front desk that we were celebrating our daughter's 18 birthday he sent chocolate covered strawberries to the room.

That attention to detail was superb. I'm sure the strawberries didn't cost them much, but made my 18 year old feel like a princess. Let's just say that picture made Instagram rounds.

Complimentary Starbucks coffee was wonderful too. Loved staying there! Thank you again Charles!

2 Thank uruguay2
Thank you for such wonderful review. I'll make sure to give Charles a high five on your behalf, he certainly is an asset to our hotel. I appreciate your sincere comment, and I hope you visit us again in the near future.

All my best, James Grosso
Largo, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I spent a work week and tied it into a couple of vacation days for this trip. As was expected, the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. They are also making some changes to the property, and the improvements are not vast but are nice touches. We ate at the Italian restaurant in the hotel and the meal was fabulous: the service was excellent as well. On work nights, I was alone, so I ate in the bar and the service and food there was good as well. Thanks to all of the staff for making this another memorable stay!

Room Tip: Rooms with a Downtown Disney view allow for viewing of the fireworks in the evening.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear loyal guest, thank you for coming back! Glad you got to take some time from the business trip. I'm glad our service continues to be up to your expectations and we can't wait to host you again. See you soon!
Best regards, James Grosso
Knox, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My husband had business meeting for a week the company made our reservation they never go cheap. With that said. We arrived at 4 am 20 hours on the road we ready for some rest. I always inspect the room upon arrival. I had a few issues with room which was taken care of right then. Manger sent chocolate covered strawberries to our room for our inconvenience. Very nice I thought. House was above and beyond in my book. Only thing I didn't like was husband meeting was by pool nothing like swimming laying in the sun have all of your husband coworkers standing there on their break seeing ya half naked. Way uncomfortable... staff seemed nice always seen people cleaning something. Like the little food shop traffic was well there is no words for how bad traffic is. Nice not to leave hotel to eat during the day will husband in meeting.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank theresavlach
calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I was shocked at how reasonable the price was! It is a great hotel and super close to Disney I work for airline and this was one of the best "surprises" I have had in a while. The staff was very nice, and the place was super clean.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear guest, thank you for your review. I am pleased to read you had a great stay with us. I hope you think of us when you are back in Orlando. Have a great end of summer!

Best regards,